Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 2648 [2649] 2650 2651 2652 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5228913 times)
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #39720 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 19:22:14 »

Looks like they have some bloody good youngsters coming through. The centre half looks a good prospect
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #39721 on: Sunday, February 25, 2024, 23:50:06 »

Adverts with ‘celebrity’ individuals. Avoid the product. Programmes that start with ‘celebrity…’ turn over to something else.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #39722 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 18:00:44 »

Anyone know why certain websites say ‘invalid postcode’ when you try and set up an account.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #39723 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 19:14:48 »

Anyone know why certain websites say ‘invalid postcode’ when you try and set up an account.

Remove the space between the two (usually) separate parts? Or add one in.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #39724 on: Tuesday, February 27, 2024, 19:17:54 »

No online pre match from Shaun on BBC Wiltshire despite it saying its on now, got some shitty Bristol crap.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39725 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 12:07:36 »

Greed, specifically in the hospitality industry. I've just bought some tickets to see James in Bedford Park in July. (I'm not even going to go into the ridiculous fees ticketmaster add on, which is irritating enough) Anyway I log into one or 2 of the hotel search sites and there is pretty much nothing available. But what does show up is a lowly guest house, the height of ordinary advertising a room for £550. The same room the week before or after is £110. There is no way they should be allowed to mark up their rooms by such an unrealistic amount.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #39726 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 12:09:52 »

Adverts with ‘celebrity’ individuals. Avoid the product. Programmes that start with ‘celebrity…’ turn over to something else.
Yes yes and thrice yes

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #39727 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 12:31:33 »

Greed, specifically in the hospitality industry. I've just bought some tickets to see James in Bedford Park in July. (I'm not even going to go into the ridiculous fees ticketmaster add on, which is irritating enough) Anyway I log into one or 2 of the hotel search sites and there is pretty much nothing available. But what does show up is a lowly guest house, the height of ordinary advertising a room for £550. The same room the week before or after is £110. There is no way they should be allowed to mark up their rooms by such an unrealistic amount.

Agree with you totally. As you're staying in Bedford BO, avoid all Travelodges/Premier Inns (they will have put their prices up as well i know). Best to look outside a few miles and get a taxi in if you can find somewhere reasonable. Last year one of my cousins saw Sting in Bedford Park and they stayed in Moggenhanger (about 5 miles outside Bedford) as it was a lot cheaper, and used taxis there and from.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39728 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 12:38:37 »

legalised profiteering.

just like school holidays and holiday costs
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #39729 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 13:16:54 »

Supply and demand innit? Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39730 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 13:18:35 »

Agree with you totally. As you're staying in Bedford BO, avoid all Travelodges/Premier Inns (they will have put their prices up as well i know). Best to look outside a few miles and get a taxi in if you can find somewhere reasonable. Last year one of my cousins saw Sting in Bedford Park and they stayed in Moggenhanger (about 5 miles outside Bedford) as it was a lot cheaper, and used taxis there and from.

Thanks for the advice Bedford, will have a look at somewhere localish. Depending on times we could also jump on a train from Bedford to Bletchley or something.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39731 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 14:57:02 »

It's the same around Cheltenham for Gold Cup week. Even Gloucester, Stroud etc. all bumped up the fuckers. As Jayo says, don't hate the player...

I'm meant to be working around there the same week and weekend but now assessing my options as there's no way I'll get my accoms covered at those inflated costs and I'm not sacrificing my profit margin. If I can take work elsewhere then I will but if not, I'll effectively make ''more'' by just staying at home.

Shame as the actual job is a decent gig too. Hope you find some reasonable accoms Boblet.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #39732 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 17:54:34 »

Try Munich in august now that Adele is playing there
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #39733 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 18:14:29 »

I had tickets for the Euros and booked a hotel in Cologne to pay when i arrive.

Booking.com cancelled my reservation and then upped the prices to £440 - it was 160 originally

I cant go niw anyway, but that pissed me right off
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #39734 on: Tuesday, March 5, 2024, 18:31:50 »

Should have booked with a travel agent
Pages: 1 ... 2646 2647 2648 [2649] 2650 2651 2652 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: