Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 2222 [2223] 2224 2225 2226 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5237041 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33330 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 15:54:09 »

You didn't shit in the bin and put the paper down the loo by mistake?
Flashheart

« Reply #33331 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 15:57:27 »

Hope it doesn’t blow up next time we have a ‘do’ as I’m likely to get tanked and lairy.

If you deck him, just make sure somebody's filming at the time.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #33332 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 16:09:48 »

Is it a real faux pas to take a dump at a friend’s house?

My brother in law got all irate when I did. Got to bear in mind, though, that the loo paper goes in a bin by the loo and not down it.

Coincidentally (for reasons I won't bore you with) I was discussing this very issue in Greece the other day, they suggested its mainly down to pipework in houses being of insufficient diameter, if that is the case I don't understand why they don't just fit bigger pipes or a bloody macerator!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33333 on: Thursday, August 27, 2020, 17:23:47 »

Yep, 2 inch pipes I believe
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #33334 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 06:40:33 »

Yep, 2 inch pipes I believe
Won't be big enough for Flash.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33335 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 07:43:34 »

Permanent working from home. I hate it. I can’t focus, I can’t concentrate which puts me massively self motivated to try and do anything more than the bare minimum. And that’s before you get into all the lack of social interaction.

I’ve done all the gimmicks and none of them work. Horses for courses and all that, and I know a lot of people love it but I’m really worried that the future is going to be work from home forever. Because that’s going to be fucking miserable

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #33336 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:06:39 »

Permanent working from home. I hate it. I can’t focus, I can’t concentrate which puts me massively self motivated to try and do anything more than the bare minimum. And that’s before you get into all the lack of social interaction.

I've been doing it for years, and I find it OK.

But I do sometimes miss being around other people in an office. It can be a good craic sometimes, even if you are working.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #33337 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:08:30 »

I’ve done all the gimmicks and none of them work. Horses for courses and all that, and I know a lot of people love it but I’m really worried that the future is going to be work from home forever. Because that’s going to be fucking miserable

Same, thankfully I’m allowed back in office couple of days a week now and that’s the perfect balance. If you’re not much of a social person then being stuck at home every day is fine but it’s not for me.

Living in fear isn’t doing certain people any good, the infection rate is so small in reality

« Last Edit: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:10:04 by Abrahammer » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #33338 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:20:03 »

As a counter balance I fucking love working from home. Hopefully will be doing it forever now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33339 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:25:48 »

I’ve never categorised myself as a particularly sociable person, but this experience has definitely made me realise how much I need to be surrounded by people working to feel motivated to do anything. Whether that’s peer pressure or some undefined ‘energy’ I don’t really know

The only upside is rolling out of bed at 8.55 every morning, and having more time to go for a run/walk

Things get better but they never get good
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33340 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:39:06 »

I can empathise with this a bit Dave. I'm far from a sociable person myself and at the beginning I loved working from home, extra time in bed, extra time to spend at home after logging off etc. But as lockdown continued (and Virgin Media being inept didn't help) I found I was getting narky and little things were really irritating me. I would make sure I would get out for fresh air about twice a day and get into a pattern of getting up and having a shower and getting dressed before logging on etc etc.

But the last couple of months I have really missed the daily grind of travelling into the office, saying hello to the staff on the Thames Clipper, having 'banter' (Can't think of another word as I hate banter but there we are) in the office etc.

My Employer has been absolutely fantastic during lockdown, the communication has been superb and the continued message is that the well-being of the staff always comes first and so if people are desperate to get back to the office they will be allowed to, depending on the health and safety aspects of course.

It sounds like going forward the reality is a 2/3 day office/home split which I think will be ideal for me personally. Hence why we are selling up in London and moving out of the big smoke!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33341 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:39:34 »

I need a mix.  3 at home. 2 in office = perfect.  75% of my company agreed a hybrid was the way forward in a survey.

But I can see a lot of companiess ditching premisis over the next few years and a permanent change in working practices. Downsize offices, come in on rotation.

I think we'll  both gain and lose something doing that.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #33342 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:39:49 »

Been working from home full time for 5+ years now, made a huge difference to family life as before that I was commuting in and out of Manchester each day leaving home before 7 in the morning and getting home after 7 (and sometimes 8 ) in the evening which got particularity shit when we had the young 'un.

It does get a bit isolated but you just have to work round that, I am fairly lucky that in the normal world I probably have to do site work at least one day a fortnight, plus if I do find myself getting isolated I will go through to Lancaster to catch up with mates for a brew either at lunchtime or immediately after work.

The main problem we found was getting out the house to get a change of scenery, not helped by the fact that the missus works from home full time as well. Best thing I ever did was have my small office built in the garden, got phone and computer up here and thus to go to work I at least have to leave the house, seems to make a large psychological difference.

Who knows what the future holds but the idea of spending 2+ hours a day on a packed train again fills me with dread!  
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #33343 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 08:42:19 »

I'd like 3 in and 2 at home if I could.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #33344 on: Friday, August 28, 2020, 09:01:19 »

The fact that this was released 25 years ago today and thus I am getting old rather annoys me...

Pages: 1 ... 2220 2221 2222 [2223] 2224 2225 2226 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: