Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 1678 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5219145 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25110 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 12:15:35 »

I see both sides of the argument. A lot of the process has been commoditised, but for me paying a traditional agent to qualify the buyer, generate the best possible sale price and then make sure the sale progresses can be worth the additional cost.
Barry Scott

« Reply #25111 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 13:50:21 »

I'd wager that there is no auction and the agent is bullshitting to up the price (and their commission).

As a cynic and someone who tends to over-analyse, that was my first thought. But sadly that's not the case.

It's so hard to be nice to these cunts, when you know you might need them if another property becomes available. Fortunately, 2 estate agents have said Jan is their busiest month, so I hope it is, as there's only been about 4 suitable properties come online in 2 months...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #25112 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 14:12:36 »

No properties as the bottoms about to fall out allegedly . reports up here that the market price is down between 12 and 20% but they are keeping it quiet as long as possible. Might just be Greater London at the moment though. Might be BS as well, but for sale signs are staying up a lot longer, and very few sold ones about.
Panda Paws

« Reply #25113 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 14:52:22 »

Transactions are down massively. Prices holding at the moment down here because I guess if you're wealthy enough to own, your wealthy enough to wait for a sale rather than drop the price?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25114 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 15:06:45 »

I think London is suffering before the rest but its going to happen, I know in development generally London has suffered more from Brexit to date so we shall see!
Flashheart

« Reply #25115 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 19:08:39 »

A Facebook friend made a post about teaching his kids latin.

A few chimed in with some Latin phrases, I chimed in with 'expecto petronum'. Obviously just a bit of silly fun, a few played along.

Only for some bright spark to come along and inform me that quoting Harry Potter spells is not speaking Latin. - JUST FUCKOFF YOU UTTER FUCKIN DIMWITTED CUNT.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25116 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 20:10:22 »

A few chimed in with some Latin phrases, I chimed in with 'expecto petronum'. Obviously just a bit of silly fun, a few played along.

Only for some bright spark to come along and inform me that quoting Harry Potter spells is not speaking Latin. - JUST FUCKOFF YOU UTTER FUCKIN DIMWITTED CUNT.

It happens everywhere.

https://www.twitter.com/YesThatsTheJoke
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25117 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 20:16:52 »

Here's one.

Brutus adsum iam forte
Caesar aderat
Brutus sic in omnibus
Caesar sic in at
Flashheart

« Reply #25118 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 20:23:56 »

Ha ha.

Following that.
Flashheart

« Reply #25119 on: Wednesday, December 21, 2016, 20:33:38 »

There's another I remember well from a group I'm a member of.

Somebody posted a silly meme asking "Why do meteorites always land in craters? - Checkmate atheists"

Which was the cue for a handful of helpful souls feeling the need to explain that the meteorites create the craters as they land.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25120 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 15:15:47 »

Man flu. Been in bed since Tuesday with it.

Any top tips to get rid of it? I've barely eaten since Tuesday, should I be trying to eat more, I have no hunger or thirst at all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25121 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 15:26:38 »

Any top tips to get rid of it? I've barely eaten since Tuesday, should I be trying to eat more, I have no hunger or thirst at all.

Starve a fever feed a cold. Try to drink plenty of water/Lucozade etc even if you have to force it a bit. Proper man flu is a bugger.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #25122 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 17:16:35 »

That's not man flu, that's called the flu.

Man flu is a pejorative phrase that refers to the idea that men, when they have a cold, exaggerate and claim they have the flu
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #25123 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 17:17:18 »

Yeah. Grow a pair and suck it up princess.

It's All Good..............
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #25124 on: Thursday, December 22, 2016, 18:42:08 »

Starve a fever feed a cold.

Never do this!

Always keep up your fluids though. There are a few OTC medicines that can help, day/night nurse etc should ease pain and help your fever. It all depends on your symptoms really. Just remember it won't last long Smiley 

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 1672 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 1678 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: