Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 1530 ... 2660   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5199119 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22890 on: Sunday, April 17, 2016, 11:32:39 »

Did it mooove you?

sorry

Doh udderly terrible.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #22891 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 14:24:32 »

I do it well done, not a great beef eater since I looked into a cows eyes when shitfaced. It moved me, and now I want to be convinced if I eat one it wont haunt me.

Hahahaha  Cheesy

I'm not a big meat eater, but I do think a) it's annoying when people get all "eeeeenhhh I don't want to see any blood! It isn't blood, and you're eating a dead animal anyway, have some salad if it bothers you that much and b) it obviously tastes better not to have your food DELIBERATELY BURNT.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22892 on: Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 19:46:46 »

Rare is best.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22893 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 08:43:11 »

Why oh why are there not traffic lights at blagrove like there are at mannington? 25 minutes to get from shaw ridge to blagrove is unacceptable, I could have cartwheeled there quicker. One road for the north and west of the town to get to junction 16  Suicide
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22894 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 08:53:03 »

You are witnessing the effects of permitting massive expansion in the north & west of Swindon without insisting on the infrastructure development required to support it.  I was visiting friends in Swindon at the weekend, specifically in Peatmoor and Oakhurst.  Both friends had, up until very recently, been living on the very edge of town.  But very soon, both will be enclosed on all sides.  The scale of the development is quite surprising when you see it for the first time.

Sooner or later, the penny will drop and the Council will realise that government cannot persist in using Swindon as an easy site to locate vast new housing development - without also investing significantly in infrastructure.  It's a bit of a mess, to tell the truth.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #22895 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 08:53:26 »

And how is 'Royal Commentator' even a job?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22896 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 08:55:32 »

Probably partly explains the insane queues on the dual carriageway with people trying just to enter the hospital site let alone trying to find a parking spot. On both sides of the road yeseterday must have been double number vehicles queued on the roads.

And slow moving too
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22897 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:04:07 »

Why oh why are there not traffic lights at blagrove like there are at mannington? 25 minutes to get from shaw ridge to blagrove is unacceptable, I could have cartwheeled there quicker. One road for the north and west of the town to get to junction 16  Suicide

I despise that roudabout. I work in Blagrove and if i don't get out of work dead on 5 o clock i might aswell not bother leaving for another hour.
It would help if the cars queuing up to the M4 would leave space for cars to exit blagrove but that would require common sense.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22898 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:09:13 »

I despise that roudabout. I work in Blagrove and if i don't get out of work dead on 5 o clock i might aswell not bother leaving for another hour.
It would help if the cars queuing up to the M4 would leave space for cars to exit blagrove but that would require common sense.

Have you ever thought of cycling?  Some good cycle paths around Blagrove.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22899 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:23:51 »

Have you ever thought of cycling?  Some good cycle paths around Blagrove.

I have and i used to cycle but when we had our second child it was just easier to drive .  I live in Okus so its just up the old railway track, im just a lazy arse now.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22900 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:29:10 »

You are witnessing the effects of permitting massive expansion in the north & west of Swindon without insisting on the infrastructure development required to support it.  I was visiting friends in Swindon at the weekend, specifically in Peatmoor and Oakhurst.  Both friends had, up until very recently, been living on the very edge of town.  But very soon, both will be enclosed on all sides.  The scale of the development is quite surprising when you see it for the first time.

Sooner or later, the penny will drop and the Council will realise that government cannot persist in using Swindon as an easy site to locate vast new housing development - without also investing significantly in infrastructure.  It's a bit of a mess, to tell the truth.

The penny will never drop. The council have fucked the Town up big time, it's a horrible place to live even if you are fortunate enough to live in a decent part of the Town.

Ignore
« Reply #22901 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:33:07 »

It is the fault of drivers taking needlessly short journeys, etc.
There is only so much any council or road planner can do as it will all bottle neck eventually whatever they do.

Public transport needs embracing and improving. There is no other way whether people like that or not. Fat chance under this government and with people's selfish attitudes. Get used to sitting in traffic jams I say.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22902 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:33:38 »

I have and i used to cycle but when we had our second child it was just easier to drive .  I live in Okus so its just up the old railway track, im just a lazy arse now.

Almost perfect, cycle track all the way, about 20/25 mins of pedalling, and missing out on the stress of sitting about in a car, going nowhere.

To have been perfect, you'd want the downhill to be on the way home rather than the way to work.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #22903 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:36:14 »

Almost perfect, cycle track all the way, about 20/25 mins of pedalling, and missing out on the stress of sitting about in a car, going nowhere.

To have been perfect, you'd want the downhill to be on the way home rather than the way to work.

To be perfect it would be downhill there and back. The journey home is a killer, especially the part going into field rise and then to okus.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22904 on: Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 10:37:57 »

Eh? The cycle track is basically flat from blagrove past the retail park and along the track towards old town  Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 1524 1525 1526 [1527] 1528 1529 1530 ... 2660   Go Up
Print
Jump to: