Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northern Reds - Wembley Tickets  (Read 4077 times)
gazstfc

« on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:33:57 »

Just wondering how many poeple are in the same position as me and my family. We are big Town fans but live in South Yorkshire and I'm getting worried about not being able to get tickets for Wembley...

We have been to away games this year most notably Leeds Utd, Huddersfield, Wolves, and Fulham which I ordered tickets from the town Box Office so I would expect that I am on the club database but is this enough to be able to get myself a ticket on Friday morning...?

The criteria for Ticket Sales is

(i) they are registered and current Season Ticket Holders - Not got season ticket
(ii) they are registered on the club's database as previous purchasers of tickets - Should be on database
(iii) once on general sale they have a local postcode i.e. SN, SP, BA and GL - No chance

I've tried getting through to the club box office to ask but no one seems to be answering...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:36:15 »

Call the club back during opening hours tomorrow.  (They were definitely there today.)  And I'm sure they will confirm you'll be fine.  Tickets are not going to run out in a flash...if at all.
gazstfc

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:41:41 »

Thanks Ardiles, I'll be doing that tomorrow, just wondered if anyone out there already knew the answer. I'm just impatient  Grin

I just don't want to have any problems because I've not got a local post code and if I am gonna get problems I can prepare or try other arrangements. If it was the town box office dealing with things I'd be chilled out they've always been great, but I don't want to leave anything to chance with a outsourcing company dealing with the tickets...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 16:48:21 »

We (TrustSTFC) have got in contact with Nick Watkins over this today as we have been contacted by a few people with simular issues, waiting for a response back from Nick and I will update on what if anything can be done.
gazstfc

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 17:35:57 »

Thanks power, I hope it's all ok and there are no problems.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 17:46:18 »

If they were posted to you, you'll be on the database and will be fine for friday.
gazstfc

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 17:50:21 »

The Leeds away tickets were definately delivered to my house, other times I've just picked them up at the away ground, so should be ok then... Friday can't come quick enough...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 17:52:13 »

Fucking northern monkey cunts.
gazstfc

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 18:01:53 »

Fucking northern monkey cunts.
I know, I hate the Scots too...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 18:31:39 »

We (TrustSTFC) have got in contact with Nick Watkins over this today as we have been contacted by a few people with simular issues, waiting for a response back from Nick and I will update on what if anything can be done.
Might want to check newmarketred's post on one of the other threads, see if anything can be done for people in his position. The more I think about it, the more it seems surely they could have done some limited ticket stub sales from the CG for those not otherwise eligible or not able to book via TicketZone?

EDIT: Here it is
As you may know by my name i come from Newmarket Cambridgeshire which is about a three hour drive to Swindon for me .I sent An email to  brian powel at swindon box office  today explaining to him about getting tickets on friday and how it will concern me as im not on the new system and dont live  local plus im not registered on the club ticket booking site as i only ever pay on the day when i can get down. I have  only made 14 games this season because of the cost and things being tight for me and my daughter.Mr powel replied saying i wont be able to get one as the ticket master want except my post code as i live in suffolk and are only following restrictions put in by the police does anyone know if this is true or can anyone help me in finding another way of buying tickets.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 18:34:21 by pauld » Logged
stfcinbmth

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 18:52:09 »

The more I think about it, the more it seems surely they could have done some limited ticket stub sales from the CG for those not otherwise eligible or not able to book via TicketZone?

EDIT: Here it is

Don't see why not as TicketZone wanted the details of my Brentford stub for the Charlton home game
Simsy

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 18:59:46 »

First time poster, long time lurker here (feel free to call me a cunt!) ...

I'm in the same situation, I live in Hertfordshire, am not a season ticket holder; no longer have contacts in the Swindon area and I also doubt that I am on the ticket database (I remember buying some tickets for a boxing day game vs Wycombe about 4 years ago, but I lived in London then so my details would be incorrect). When I am able to make games I pay on the day, but generally just attend local away games, again paying on the day.

I enquired with the club this morning, as to whether I would be on the database, as I am a subscriber to STFC World (such that I can listen to those games that I can't attend, should World actually work - being the majority, given current financial constraints) and wondered whether my subscription details on that would be enough to prove I'm not a Millwall fan, however the response I received was as below ....

"It is a police instruction that we only sell to supporters on our data base, or have a local post code..
I am afraid you are not on our data base."

If the Trust could also do anything to support my position, I'd be grateful (I used to donate to the trust back in the days of our financial hardship - if that helps sway you), as I'm getting concerned that I am not going to be able to get tickets, which will be a right pisser to put it mildly ...

Cheers ...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 19:02:22 »

First time poster, long time lurker here (feel free to call me a cunt!) ...
Welcome cunt...............and best of luck
Norwich Red

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 08:46:35 »

If you have got tickets delivered to your house in the past you will be on their database and be ok for friday. I'm in a similar position, not having a local post code but had no problems with the semi final tickets. Will be the same for the final tickets.
guy66

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 09:43:33 »

Mate, it''ll be fine, we're in a similar situation..we come down from Stafford but have booked tickets plus registered the daughter as an under ten.

37,000 is a huge number to sell so there will be loads to spare
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: