Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northern Reds - Wembley Tickets  (Read 4078 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 12:53:29 »

We (TrustSTFC) have got in contact with Nick Watkins over this today as we have been contacted by a few people with simular issues, waiting for a response back from Nick and I will update on what if anything can be done.

I've had an email from stfc today advising that they are aware of these issues and that the ticket office will be sorting this requests out, if you want to get in touch with Jason - ticket@swindontownfc.co.uk -  in the ticket office they will help out.

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:11:31 by Power to people » Logged
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:38:16 »

I've had an email from stfc today advising that they are aware of these issues and that the ticket office will be sorting this requests out, if you want to get in touch with Jason - ticket@swindontownfc.co.uk -  in the ticket office they will help out.

Thanks for your efforts PtP. I've been in touch with the Ticket Office and they are unable/unwilling to help in my case. I'm becoming saddened by this whole episode. I've been a Town fan since 1968, been a ST holder, shareholder and attended Wembley on our last three victorious occasions. Now I cannot get a ticket because I have been penalised. My crime....living in Staffordshire and, whenever attending Town games, paying by cash (hardly a rarity) so that I'm not on the database.
I understand the ticketing strategy to a point but what use is the "police advice" when thousands of Town and Millwall fans will be mingling anyway, both before and after the game. Surely some form of discretion could be applied, especially if we are unable to sell our full allocation. Guess now I'll just have to wait and see if any spare tickets crop up.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:47:43 »

Thanks for your efforts PtP. I've been in touch with the Ticket Office and they are unable/unwilling to help in my case. I'm becoming saddened by this whole episode. I've been a Town fan since 1968, been a ST holder, shareholder and attended Wembley on our last three victorious occasions. Now I cannot get a ticket because I have been penalised. My crime....living in Staffordshire and, whenever attending Town games, paying by cash (hardly a rarity) so that I'm not on the database.
I understand the ticketing strategy to a point but what use is the "police advice" when thousands of Town and Millwall fans will be mingling anyway, both before and after the game. Surely some form of discretion could be applied, especially if we are unable to sell our full allocation. Guess now I'll just have to wait and see if any spare tickets crop up.

Smells like karma to me. Perhaps if you were a nicer poster someone would offer to help.

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:49:53 »

hammer,how many tickets do you need?
shady

Free the Etuhu one!!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 14:58:34 »

In a similiar situation myself mate, attend away games in the main, live in Bournemouth, pay on the day whenever I attend Town. Thankfully arranged for a lad on the forum from Bournemouth whose on the database to sort me out. Sure someone can aid you in a likewise respect.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:02:41 »

Could the Trust not act as a proxy for out of area folks wanting to buy tickets? I know it's circumventing the regs to some extent, but then so is normal season ticket holders (or even once they go on general sale, folks with SN* postcodes) buying tickets for friends of friends or whatever. It just seems like the coppers are being arseholes for the sake of it.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:03:14 »

hammer check your pm, i might know someone who can help...
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:05:06 »

Looks like the club have recognised the problem..

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~2049778,00.html
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:07:29 »

Might be worth another try Hammer - maybe they've had a change of policy:

If you are a non Season Ticket Holder who is not on the STFC Database and would like a ticket for Wembley. Please email boxoffice@swindontownfc.co.uk with your details, including location, name and tickets required
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:13:51 »

hammer,how many tickets do you need?
Just the one arriba. Thanks everyone else for your assistance.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:19:56 »

maybe the club should do a loyalty test,to check if fans are genuine.
quiz master grumpy cunt from the ticket office.

Just the one arriba. Thanks everyone else for your assistance.

i've already ordered, but if you are still struggling tomorrow i'll see what i can do to help.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:39:58 »

Hammer,

just phoned ticketzone.

they take payment from my card which is registered to the database address.

I can order 6 tickets.

let me know what you want to do and we can get it sorted mate.

they will also post the tickets to my address so i'd either have to forward them to you or meet you there.

Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 15:55:24 »

Update : All sorted. Since Staffordshire is closer to Swindon than it is to Bermondsey, I have automatically been placed on the database. Eh??? Once again, thanks to all offering assistance, especially magicroundabout.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 16:03:50 »

I hope it gets lost in the post you cunt.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 16:05:28 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: