Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43769 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:52:50 »

Me too.

Me three.

Hopefully in our lucky blue strip we'll get the job done on Monday.

Oh, and I poked my eye with one of those fucking clapper things.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:53:29 »

Wow! What to make of that? We looked good and controlled in the first half, then in the second they came right at us and we looked like we were falling apart. BUT out of nowhere we grabbed two good goals - the second was fantastic, great run by Ferry and a superb finish.

As Bert said, when they came at us we exposed their defence and created a number of chances. Hopefully the same will be true on Monday. Shame Pericard couldn't have buried that chance at the end else we'd all be on cloud 9, but we have a lead and I would have snapped your hand off if you offered me that before the game.

O'Brien had a good second half. Ward and Austin were very good together although it meant every time we hoofed it clear it came back at us. We played some nice stuff, using Amankwaah which was good to see. It will be interesting to see if Manks or Darby starts on Monday.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:54:58 »

Paynter's not injured! Been told by several people that he was dropped because he has agreed to sign for Leeds, He won't play Monday either, Obviously Wilson isn't going to come out and say this and unsettle the team at this moment in time as it would disrupt things, Not attempting to wind anyone up i'm gutted about this but if he doesn't want to be here he can fuck off.

regarding what you said= complete and utter bullshit

Paynter may play from the off on monday, we'll know by sun. His hamstring is tight, but not gone. Bill's been rested for the 2nd leg, and possibly till  the final.  Bill should start on mon, but will be at least the bench. All I know is mr Wilson is happy we won, but will know way rest on the 1 goal advantage.

COME ON YOU REDS

SOLIDS
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #258 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:57:57 »

Well i've heard it from several people and it would not surprise me if it is true, I'm hoping it isn't but we will see.
König

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:00:13 »

This is a plea to anybody that is driving up to the game with a spare seat or who is getting the train and has a spare ticket in a groupsaver or something, i'd gladly pay good money as i doubt SAS have any spaces left on the coaches? tried all week to get an away ticket over the phone without success so will go to the ticket office tomorrow in the hope of getting one. Getting back from swindon on monday night after the game will be my next challenge should i find a way of getting to Charlton and back  Cheesy

About the game, i havn't read what others have written but Ward was my mom, great positions and won virtually every header, and what a finish for his goal!! thought we played some great stuff at times, just a shame about the sloppy goal!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:10:30 »

Darren, Darren Ward,
Darren, Darren Ward.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8673059.stm

wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:19:09 »

Bloody brilliant night.

Thank you Swindon Town FC, whatever happens on Monday night.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:21:52 »

what wiggy said, an unbelievable night - enjoyed it immensely. We knew it was going to be tight but we played well.

We will score on Monday...

I believe!!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:25:02 »

We'll score on Monday, but lose 3-2.

It'll go to penalties

Austin, Sheehan, Greer and Ward will score. We'll win.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:27:01 »

Monday night will be as tight as the perverbial assholes..Prenton Park '93 revisited..hopefully with a similar outcome.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:32:47 »

2-1 is a good score, because not only does it mean that we can't sit back, it means they have to come at us, and we caused them enough problems tonight to suggest we'll score on Monday. It's going to be horendous, but hopefully an awesome outcome.

I feel more confident after tonight.

Their only threat is Nicky Bailey. Keep him quiet and we go to Wembley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:34:41 »

All I ask is that none of our lot try to chip the keeper in the penalty shoot out Roll Eyes
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:42:05 »

From All Football TV:

http://www.allfootballtv.com/england-leeds-utd-tracking-paynter/

League Two club Leeds United are interested in Swindon Town forward Billy Paynter (25).
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:49:26 »

League Two club Leeds United

Nice to see they've done their research Roll Eyes
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #269 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:51:49 »

Ward MOM for me by a country mile-he's an absolute class act and unless we go up we've got no chance of getting him on loan next season. Ferry had a quiet first half but a good second. I'm no fan of Sheehan but that was a quality ball for Austin. O'Brien was bollox in the first half but looked good in the second once he started running at people.
I also thugoht Pericard was superb in his 10 minutes. He knew exactly what to do and kept the ball.
I'm a happy Town fan tonight. I was useless at work today as I was a big fucking bag of nerves all day. Roll on Monday.  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: