Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43819 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:10:06 »

couldn't afford it!
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:15:53 »

well we cirtainly know how to do it the hard way :-).

Great result, both teams gave the other trouble going forward, lloyd sam was a tricky little fucker.

But job done,(well half a job) should have got 4 or 5 really.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:16:54 »

oh and goals on sky sports news showing in a sec.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:21:10 »

Fully deserve our win, but we like to do things the hard way.

I can see us scoring at the Valley. In the second half Ward and Charlie was giving their back four the runaround.

O'Brien had a good second half.

Got to say a pretty good atmosphere at the CG. Those clappy things did their job.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Rich Pullen

« Reply #244 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:23:12 »

I still cannot believe that six years on I still have flashbacks of Brighton but we lost the 1st leg so we've improved on that front!
medwayred

Up the Reds

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:32:48 »

Just got back to hotel. Good match atmos was very good. Charlton fans very quiet.
Swindon should have won by 3 at least. Well done boys. Fingers crossed for wembley

One Davie Bamber.......................
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #246 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:36:37 »

Paynter's not injured! Been told by several people that he was dropped because he has agreed to sign for Leeds, He won't play Monday either, Obviously Wilson isn't going to come out and say this and unsettle the team at this moment in time as it would disrupt things, Not attempting to wind anyone up i'm gutted about this but if he doesn't want to be here he can fuck off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:37:21 »

Wow, how the hell am I going to survive Monday now.

So many chance. A bit of luck and Austin and Ward would have had hatricks. That's not to say we deserved to win 6-1 though.

Thought the change in personal worked out OK. More pace going forward. But I wouldn't be disappointed to see Paynter back either! On that front I guess if its a hamstring then he's possibly out for the play off final should we be fortunate to get there?
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:40:43 »

That was a fucking brilliant night of football!

Atmosphere inside the ground was immense, the clap banners actually worked a treat! A lot of people who otherwise would have just sat there had something to wave around that made a noise and I thought it looked pretty impressive aswell.

Performance was good, 2 excellent chances in the first half, Charlie's header which produced an amazing save from their keeper and Ward's shot which he should have burried. Charlton looked like they had come for a 0-0 in the first half but came at us after the break and that was probably their downfall, we got 2 very good goals on the breakaway and it's just a shame we gifted them one back, although to be fair their play did deserve it.

Bad miss by Pericard at the end but they hit the post aswell, I think we should all be very pleased taking an advantage to the Valley because they will have to attack us and we can hopefully expose them on the break again.

Tonight i'm just going to enjoy the win and worry about the 2nd leg tomorrow!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:42:04 »

Paynter's not injured! Been told by several people that he was dropped because he has agreed to sign for Leeds, He won't play Monday either, Obviously Wilson isn't going to come out and say this and unsettle the team at this moment in time as it would disrupt things, Not attempting to wind anyone up i'm gutted about this but if he doesn't want to be here he can fuck off.
i call shenanigans
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:42:35 »

Great cameo from Vincent Pericard, his best shift in a Town shirt so far and he was superb I thought.

Ward was outstanding, everyone played well. O'brien had a poor first half but was excellent in the second.
Bert1981

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:44:22 »

Great cameo from Vincent Pericard, his best shift in a Town shirt so far and he was superb I thought.

Ward was outstanding, everyone played well. O'brien had a poor first half but was excellent in the second.

Agree Ward was immense, MOM by a mile for me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:44:44 »

Agree Ward was immense, MOM by a mile for me.

Me too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:47:49 »

Ward was excellent as was Ferry.

Austin was good but faded. O'Brien looked dangerous. Obviously we weren't going to get a full 90 out of him.

Half time. Shitting it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 21:48:59 »

first good performance i've seen from us this season as well.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: