Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: P/O Semi Final 1st leg Swindon Town V Charlton Athletic Official matchday thread  (Read 43737 times)
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:53:35 »

I agree with Chalkies shorts.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:53:52 »

good call on pericard. I've hammered him for being shit, justifiably I think, but he was very good when he came on. should have tucked that away, but could prove crucial late on at the valley.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 22:57:11 »

good call on pericard.  should have tucked that away, but could prove crucial late on at the valley.

I thought he was unlucky. Did very well overall in the 10 mins he was on.
skin_im_buzzer

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:00:09 »

My take on the game, for what it's worth, is that without Billy the ball didn't stick up front - a bit similar to Fulham the other night. Wardy and Charlie looked dangerous, in terms of chances, but can't hold the ball up well.

Only Billy or Vince are capable of that.

If we can crack that, and keep Lloyd Sam and Bailey at bay, then we're on our way to the giant arch!!!
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #274 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:02:54 »

I couldn't believe Pericard missed that but he did have his shirt pulled.

Ward was great, In the first half when he shot wide i felt he should have squared it to Austin & in the second half when Austin laid it off to him i thought he was going to smash it in with his right but as he smacked it with his left a defender got across just in time to block it.

Shame Lucas fucked up he's been great all season, Maybe he should have come out quicker or stayed on his line?

I would have been extremely confident had we gone to Charlton with a 3-1 lead, It's going to be very nerve wracking.

Bailey is so dangerous from long range as he proved again tonight, He worries me everytime he gets the ball.

Pericard was a big threat when he came on, Held the ball up well and caused them a lot of problems so i can't say a bad word about him let's hope he does the same on Monday.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:07:05 »

charlton never looked like much and i didnt expect them to. after the initial shock of paynter not playing i thought ward and austin looked decent and a constant threat.
obrien shud never have started. it takes him too long to get fit after injury and until that happens his touch and workrate is awful. i must have been the only one to refuse a standing ovation for him.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:25:32 »

that was AWESOME. I got a little emotional at the end when strangers were asking me the score, but having been used to dissapointment i'm not used to coping with success!!

Ward was outstanding. No-one had a bad game, not even Timlin! 100000000% confident we can get a draw on monday. COME ON TOWN

Things get better but they never get good

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:27:23 »

half way there.now go and finish those cunts off on monday!
wembley here we come!!!
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #278 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:30:25 »

Just hope we don't sit back and defend and try to protect our lead that would be suicidal, We need to go at them and get the 1st goal, If we can do that then i think we will be going to Wembley.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:33:12 »

Especially not with Paynter

Moron

stfcinbmth

« Reply #280 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:37:42 »

Just got back, knackered but happy, post more tomorrow

Pretty sure attendance was 14560 not 13560 as quoted earlier
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:40:28 »

Yeah, I thought he said 14XXX. Only empty space i could see was at the bottom right of the arkells, and no way is tjhere 1000 seats in there.

Unless we're trying to fiddle the taxman again. Same old swindle

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:43:02 »

Must be a fuck up no way was there 1400 empty seats.
Div

« Reply #283 on: Friday, May 14, 2010, 23:59:22 »

Danny, Danny Ward!

AWESOME. that's all. But, now i'm just a little annoyed that if we get to the final I WON'T BE FUCKING THERE, Swindon chose the wrong season to be good!

On the game though, the ref had 'big team syndrome' and 'i want the cameras on me syndrome'. He spoke to Greer after 5 minutes for one little push, gave them literally everything that involved any form of contact, and totally bottled it when it came to giving us decisions, he'd always miss their little nudges whilst the ball was hanging, but give them free-kicks for us challenging fairly. Complete CUNT. But, he should have booked Sheehan and did miss Greers little swinging elbow in the first half  Eat.

Ward was MOM, even if he did go a little bit greedy in the last 15-20 minutes. What a way to sign off on from the place which has been your home for 6 months. Danny Ward for England....i think so!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, May 15, 2010, 00:16:42 »

Ward did well, as did Austin, think he just shaded it, also thought Sheehan was very good, he kept that diving whingy git Sam pretty quiet. And finally anyone who ever thought a drum might be a good idea ought to be shot after their lot bought one, pathetic, absolute bollocks, anyone who needs a drum to help them clap hasn't got proper support.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: