Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42391 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 13:46:34 »

The fact is arriba The Tory Party are not very well liked....i voted Tory with a very heavy heart along with millions of others...

Why vote for them then?
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 13:55:33 »

Doesn't Brown resigning as Labour leader make it nigh on impossible for Clegg to form a coalition with Labour? Presumably meaning that the background talks between Labour/Lib Dems have failed?

No it made it more likely a lab/lib pact would happen. Brown was a PM who failed to win the election for his party. Many people would have been annoyed if he remained leader of the country. Apparently he was one of the biggest obstacles in the way of a lab/lib coalition. Him standing down yesterday made a deal between the labour party and the liberal democrats more likely.

Personally I really doubt there will be a minority conservative government. This is the liberal democrats big chance and they are being offered stuff from the conservatives and labour. They will do a deal with one of them.

Nick Robinson seems to think it'll be the Torys and they are back in talks with them now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/election_2010/8674103.stm
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 14:03:14 by Spy » Logged
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 13:58:48 »

The past few days have been the worlds best advert against PR. That and the lib dems are only for it because it would suit them. There has to be a referendum on it rather than a parliamentry decision, its too important.

I dont want to go through this farce of the smallest of the 3 main parties whoring themselves around every 4/5 years. Fuck me, I'd rather labour won.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 13:59:19 »

No it made it more likely a lab/lib pact would happen. Brown was a PM who failed to win the election for his party. Many people would have been annoyed if he remained leader of the country. Apparently he was one of the biggest obstacles in the way of a lab/lib coalition. Part of the reason he stood down yesterday was to make a deal between the labour party and the liberal democrats more likely.
Think you missed the point - it also means that Labour have to have a leadership election which will take weeks so Clegg would have to agree a deal without knowing who he was agreeing to deal with. But I should probably have spelled that out!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 14:08:57 »

I dont want to go through this farce of the smallest of the 3 main parties whoring themselves around every 4/5 years.
Gah, you miserable sod. Most entertaining election in years.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 14:57:45 »

Why vote for them then?

Because i had a read of all the manifestos and the Tory one was best for me...thats not to say its the best for everyone else,thats why you get a choice Spy.
On a lighter note how did the Greens win in Brighton...you would be better off voting the loony party..some of there ideas come from a joke book i reckon.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:00:22 »

LibCon seems sewn up now, Labour are admitting defeat. I strongly suspect Clegg never intended to deal with Labour and has in fact pulled a rabbit out of the hat in panicking the Conservatives into the AV vote and Labour into kicking Brown out early.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:04:05 »

On a lighter note how did the Greens win in Brighton...you would be better off voting the loony party..some of there ideas come from a joke book i reckon.

I reckon King Of Tonga started one of his "TEF Pressure Group" campaigns locally Smiley
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:11:31 »

Because i had a read of all the manifestos and the Tory one was best for me...thats not to say its the best for everyone else,thats why you get a choice Spy.

I'm not saying nobody can vote from them. It's just from your own post saying you say a lot of people don't like them and you yourself voted for them "with a heavy heart". Seems strange to vote for someone so reluctantly. Did you just hate the labour government so much or something?

Nemo I also suspect a lab/lib deal was always going to be unlikely given what Clegg has been saying about electoral mandate and stable goverment.

Thing is the referendum the conservatives are offering will be on the alternative vote system - not proportional representation. If they can get them to make the referendum on alternative vote plus then at least it will be a more proportional system.

What has impressed me is the lib dems getting the conservatives to commit to the idea of not taxing people on the first £10K they earn. That will be brilliant for those in poverty and to provide more of an incentive for people on unemployment benefit to go back to work as there will be a bigger gap between what you can earn in a low wage job and what you can get on benefits.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:13:30 »

I suspect more than a few Tories will be very, very unhappy with Mr Cameron if he's made half as many concessions as the news seem to think.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:19:47 »

Breaking news: There's been a mix-up at the Palace after Phillip changed channels from BBC rolling News to Sky Sports coverage of Capello's squad announcement. The Queen has now invited Owen Hargreaves to form a government
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:26:25 »

Surely Gerrard would form the Government, and then Hargreaves would get a go for the last 6 months or so of the next parliament just to prevent anything going horribly wrong?
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:28:33 »

Surely Gerrard would form the Government, and then Hargreaves would get a go for the last 6 months or so of the next parliament just to prevent anything going horribly wrong?

And who would John Terry get into bed with then?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:30:28 »

Should imagine that it would be a hard call who would be a minister for defence.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 15:31:32 »

I vote Hargreaves
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: