Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42296 times)

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 16:31:18 »

he didn't have to be elected as pm.that arguement doesn't wash,regardless of if people like brown or not.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #286 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 16:32:48 »

He should have called an election early into his term as Prime Minister because he would have won.

Regards,

Hindsight.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 16:39:30 »

he didn't have to be elected as pm.that arguement doesn't wash,regardless of if people like brown or not.

Well by law maybe...but personally i feel the people  should choose who they want to govern the country.......not a minority of nobodys in the labour party.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 16:44:50 »

Well by law maybe...but personally i feel the people  should choose who they want to govern the country.......not a minority of nobodys in the labour party.

We had the opportunity and unanimously decided in favour of nobody.  The vote was split (ut would seem odd that anyone shy of 40% of a vote should be allowed to run a country on their own anyway).

I think it's clear that Lib/Lab is a closer fit in terms of policy than Lib/Con or Con/Lab so it seems inevitable that our votes have got what they asked for.  A left of centre govt being likely, no overall control, probablt a few changes to electoral systems, cash in some of the shares we hold in the Banks (we are now set to make a profit on these, after all the fuss this has caused) and back for another vote in 12-18 months time.

Oh, and we don;t vote for a PM, this isn't a Republic.  We vote for a party, they vote for who will lead them.

Personally, I'm hoping the mess we've created means a few people in politics have a re think and put some real effort into understanding how the best PR systems work in the world.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 16:50:50 »

The whole point of an organisation like the Labour Party is that it's meant to be a democracy, within a democracy, in theory at least any Joe Soap member can suggest ideas for policy which can then be debated right the way through the organisation. It's the responsibilty of the leadership to carry out the wishes of the membership at various levels....if they don't then they go.

We don't live in a dictatorship.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 16:52:24 »

I like this piece by Armando:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/armando-iannucci-the-result-perfectly-expresses-contempt-confusion-and-sheer-bloodymindedness-1969995.html

Basically, as an electorate, we couldn't have come up with a more nightmarish complex scenario for the politicos to resolve if we tried.

Doesn't Brown resigning as Labour leader make it nigh on impossible for Clegg to form a coalition with Labour? Presumably meaning that the background talks between Labour/Lib Dems have failed?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 16:58:20 »

I like this piece by Armando:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/armando-iannucci-the-result-perfectly-expresses-contempt-confusion-and-sheer-bloodymindedness-1969995.html

Basically, as an electorate, we couldn't have come up with a more nightmarish complex scenario for the politicos to resolve if we tried.

Doesn't Brown resigning as Labour leader make it nigh on impossible for Clegg to form a coalition with Labour? Presumably meaning that the background talks between Labour/Lib Dems have failed?

I'd guess a minority Tory government is inevitable, Clegg would rip his party to pieces by cuddling up to the Tories....they'll wait for 18 months or so and call another election.

I'm hoping, I might see out the job cuts which follow Tory governments, been there twice before.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 17:02:13 »

The fact is arriba The Tory Party are not very well liked....i voted Tory with a very heavy heart along with millions of others...but what does that say about Brown and Co...they were annialated at the polls...all i am saying is that a different and fresh approach may have helped the Labour Party in the election.
To be fair its dragging on now.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 17:04:54 »

I'd guess a minority Tory government is inevitable, Clegg would rip his party to pieces by cuddling up to the Tories....they'll wait for 18 months or so and call another election.
Think you're right there Reg. Best Cameron can hope for is a "We won't vote against you (to start with anyway)" agreement from Lib Dems. The knives are out for Cameron in the Tory Party big time already apparently - abject failure to deliver power cleanly not going down well in the Shires
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 17:07:32 »

I'm hoping, I might see out the job cuts which follow Tory governments, been there twice before.

I'd imagine my employers are pretty much shitting themselves that a new Tory govt. would pull out of the extremely lucrative contracts handed to them by the Labour govt. since 1997.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 17:08:53 »

I'd imagine my employers are pretty much shitting themselves that a new Tory govt. would pull out of the extremely lucrative contracts handed to them by the Labour govt. since 1997.
Didn't know you worked for a Lesbian theatre company, Samdy.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 18:12:56 »

Tories have just offered Lib Dems referendum  on alternative voting system.

The stakes seem to have been raised significantly in the last couple of hours.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Talk Talk

« Reply #297 on: Monday, May 10, 2010, 18:19:09 »

What a load of old fuck.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 12:31:17 »

http://twitter.com/Queen_UK

Speed dating over, Mr Clegg. You've had your fun.

Ok boys. Your undoubted Queen is heading back to London. Do not make one come round there. One is far from amused.

Cheesy
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 12:58:45 »

I hope that is the actual Queen!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: