Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 42305 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 18:22:56 »

UKIP for me. I'm a lifelong Labour fan but they are totally unelectable. I'd rather chew my own testicles off than vote tory. Lib Dems are sexual deviants. BNP are sexual deviants with each other as they hate everyone else. That leaves UKIP.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 18:33:25 »

I'll do my bit to try and avoid 'David Cameron PM'.

Haven't decided who I'll vote for yet though. Newcastle East is a new constituancy which merges a Labour stronghold with what used to be a Librel Democrat area of Newcastle.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 18:52:20 »

The only people who ACTUALLY know how fucked up the economy is, is the current government, and they have their heads in the sand, as proved by still planning on increasing the debt
Aren't they all? As best I can tell, they're all talking about reducing/halving the ongoing defecit (ie the amount of extra borrowing pa), but not the overall debt, at least initially. But then, as the IFS said, given how bloody vague they've all been about it, it's very difficult to tell what any of them plan to do. Or even if they know themselves. They're just wafting soundbites around and trying to look nice on telly. Their actual policies seem to largely consist of not being the other lot
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 18:58:34 »

If anyone goes into the voting booth tomorrow thinking whoever they vote is going to make the current economy come up smelling like a bed  of roses then they are in for a big shock.

We need to stop being a nanny state and harden up and grow a set of bollocks and start becoming independent because at the moment this country's operates like a lemming
trogladite

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 19:08:55 »

UKIP for me. I'm a lifelong Labour fan but they are totally unelectable. I'd rather chew my own testicles off than vote tory. Lib Dems are sexual deviants. BNP are sexual deviants with each other as they hate everyone else. That leaves UKIP.

Now I'm no political pundit but isn't UKIP the Tory party with the anti europe thing going on?

If so, is that gnawing sound your testicles being removed bit by bite?
trogladite

« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 19:11:21 »

Can't vote for the three big ones so it's the protest vote for me. BNP, English Alliance, Eat up your greens or the Independents
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 19:29:23 »

If anyone goes into the voting booth tomorrow thinking whoever they vote is going to make the current economy come up smelling like a bed  of roses then they are in for a big shock.
Exactly. None of them really know how to solve it. Not least because they don't know what's yet to come and nor can they
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:01:00 »

Now I'm no political pundit but isn't UKIP the Tory party with the anti europe thing going on?

If so, is that gnawing sound your testicles being removed bit by bite?
I can't stand Europe. The gnawing sound of my testicles being removed bit by bit is the unelected EU rat that is eating away at them very stealthfully and at great cost in Euros to me, in a foreign accent, and then creating a testicle mountain that nobody wants but sells it at low cost to Africa to help fuck up their economies.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:19:58 »

I can't stand Europe. The gnawing sound of my testicles being removed bit by bit is the unelected EU rat that is eating away at them very stealthfully and at great cost in Euros to me, in a foreign accent, and then creating a testicle mountain that nobody wants but sells it at low cost to Africa to help fuck up their economies.

Fully agree. Why we continue to give £6bn (used to be half thanks to the rebate, until Bliar gave it up for nothing) to an organisation that hasn't had it's accounts signed off for 15 years due to fraud is beyond me?

I can think of better ways to spend £6bn annually.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:29:40 »

I've sent off my postal vote for the lib dems. I'm not sure why anyone would vote for ukip, their policies are ridiculous and they are basically a joke party.

They're against wind turbines, even though they're a great idea for this country and they want to massively increase the military budget but pull out of Afghanistan which seems pretty weird unless they are intending to start world war 3. The rest of their policies seem intent on taking the country back 100 years.

The figures they use in their manifesto are absolute nonsense, with retarded statements like leaving the EU would save us £120 billion a year. In reality this figure is competely made up, as we don't even contribute £120 billion to the EU per year and we receive £46 billion from the EU which they completely ignore. That doesn't even take into account any loss of trade or projects which we should definitely contribute to, whether we were in the EU or not, like the European Space Agency, CERN and ITER. How can you expect them to have the first clue about running the country when they don't even understand basic maths?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:36:13 »

I can think of better ways to spend £6bn annually.

£6bn is small fry in comparison to other public spending. Servicing our debts costs £30bn alone.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:43:55 »

£6bn is small fry in comparison to other public spending.

It might be, but I would rather pay off debts than pay it to MEP's, who feather their nests by just turning up, sign in then go home, and the CAP.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:45:36 »

How about maybe the Scots and Welsh paying for there subscriptions on medicine...like us English have to.
Last estimates was that would free up 32 billion pounds in a year..basicly the government is footing the bill for all the free medicine those two countries year in and year out.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:48:01 »

Plaid and SNP keep banging on about being underfunded on the news, now I don't have the figures to hand, but I'll be fucking stunned if that's true.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 20:49:22 »

How about maybe the Scots and Welsh paying for there subscriptions on medicine...like us English have to.
Last estimates was that would free up 32 billion pounds in a year..basicly the government is footing the bill for all the free medicine those two countries year in and year out.

Wrong.

The regional assemblies are given their own 'budget' each year to cover devolved powers and have to direct it as they see fit i.e. health, education, transport etc. It just so happens the Welsh and the Scots choose to put part of their budget towards providing free prescriptions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: