Poll
Question: Who will/did you vote for in the general election?  (Voting closed: Monday, May 10, 2010, 10:23:36)
Conservatives - 28 (24.1%)
Labour - 22 (19%)
Lib-Dems - 40 (34.5%)
UKIP - 6 (5.2%)
BNP - 6 (5.2%)
Greens - 5 (4.3%)
Other - 9 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 90

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who will/did you vote for on 6th May General Election  (Read 41843 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 14:07:19 »

I voted Lib Dem by postal partly because I do not want the Conservatives in, partly to stop the Conservatives winning this "safe" Lib Dem seat here in South Somerset, and partly due to the fact that the Conservative candidate lives 100 miles away from here in London.

Oh and because there were only 5 candiates, Labour - Lib Dem - Cons - Ukip and BNP.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 14:10:44 »

Nobody.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 14:18:57 »

I'm gonna vote for the independant candidate

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 14:20:18 »

I'm gonna vote for the independant candidate

Which one? The crazy anonymous guy?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 14:22:23 »

Yeah. I've just seen him stuffing leaflets through doors near me, covered head to foot in cushions and cloths and wearing ski goggles.

To be honest, he's probably the one I most associate with anyway, which should surely be why people vote for whjo they vote.

For those not aware - http://www.thisisbath.co.uk/news/N-joins-way-Bath-election-fight/article-2045111-detail/article.html

Things get better but they never get good
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 14:25:09 »

Was not going to vote but changed my mind now and will be.
Was going to be UKIP but it will Conservative for me...for the first time ever.
Like the idea about conscription for youngsters and i think they will come down hard on scroungers too.
Lib/Dems are abit wishy washy for me and there Euro stance isnt for me...as for Labour well everythings been said on here really by the people now voting Lib/Dem.....i feel they have really pissed on the working man.
dell boy

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 15:49:51 »

I live in a safe Tory seat so doesn't really matter who I vote for. I am voting Independent though.

Labour will get hammered imo, all those polls who put the three parties close well I've heard it all before, they predicted Kinnock would win easily and he lost.
A large proportion of those who have voted for Lib-Dems in the polls will go probably back to there normal parties when it comes to the crunch and vote like they always have, but still say when asked that they voted Lib-Dem. It will become a traditional two-way vote - Tories or Labour.
Conservative win and a easy win.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 15:55:59 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-welcome-to-cameron-land-1962318.html
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 16:03:25 »

Best comment I've seen/heard so far on the election is a tie between the Institute of Fiscal Studies saying none of the parties are really facing up to quite how much shit we're in (or if they are, they're not coming clean with us about it) and Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England, saying that when the recession really starts to bite, the measures necessary to deal with it will make whoever does win the election so unpopular they'll be out of power for a generation.

We're all sitting on the beach talking about the tsunami that's about to hit like we've already dealt with the worst of it and a few windbreaks will deal with the rest. And we've got a mighty fucking wake-up call to come. Whoever "wins"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 16:37:51 »

P.S. Keep the avatars coming, Sonic, I'm loving Gordon Cole.
I HEARD THAT!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 16:49:01 »

Best comment I've seen/heard so far on the election is a tie between the Institute of Fiscal Studies saying none of the parties are really facing up to quite how much shit we're in (or if they are, they're not coming clean with us about it) and Mervyn King, Governor of the Bank of England, saying that when the recession really starts to bite, the measures necessary to deal with it will make whoever does win the election so unpopular they'll be out of power for a generation.

We're all sitting on the beach talking about the tsunami that's about to hit like we've already dealt with the worst of it and a few windbreaks will deal with the rest. And we've got a mighty fucking wake-up call to come. Whoever "wins"

The only people who ACTUALLY know how fucked up the economy is, is the current government, and they have their heads in the sand, as proved by still planning on increasing the debt despite what is happening to the PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece and Spain).

The Tories and Lib Dems will have a rough idea, but it's all speculation do some degree on their part. But I can see big cuts AND tax increases thanks to the fuck up Brown and co. have left us to pay for for years to come. Of course this is from the man that sold the country's gold on the cheap, despite being advised not to, but of course, he knew better.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 17:08:30 »

I still haven't decided yet. UKIP or Tory for me though. Can't stand the wet lemons that are the Lib Dems. Too soft on some issues. Never in a million years would I vote Labour after what Brown and Blair have done to fuck this country up. Sadly all 3 are main parties are pretty dire this time.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 17:21:24 »

This should sort it

http://whoshouldyouvotefor.com/
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 17:31:36 »

I'll probably vote Conservative. I haven't voted since I was 19, but with my business head on I need Labour out of office. Only problem is I like foxes so I'll vote no in a referendum.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 17:34:43 »

Either Tories or Lib Dems... But seeing as the Lib Dem lass lives in Wincanton, and Justin Tomlinson is my Tory candidate, I'll probably vote for him. I'll just have one last perusal of the policies before I head out though, just in case I missed something I really like/hate.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: