Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe wanderers V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 40449 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 00:02:29 »

Just got in after my trip to the smoke.

I have to say i am glad i never went today.

I think i settled for the play offs some time ago.

Now is the time for DW to be brave and jiggle the team around a bit, rest players etc etc.

We need to get back on track for the play off matches.

Clems Army!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 00:08:17 »

just got back, right first half was shit, i mean really shit, i mean hartlepool at home shit. Second half different gravy cracking game, at half time i went and sat in the side stand. Paynter was a yard offside for the first goal, i know if you see the highlights he doesnt look it but when the cross was taken he was off, i was dead in line. Austin however wasnt he was ayard behind his man and the marshall decision was just fucking ludricous.

Was a brilliant second half really enjoyable still think we will pip millwall to third but rovers will turn over for leeds.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 00:20:34 »

Reading the thread now....seems Atwell was a cock!  I remember a certain Andy D'Arsole acting like a cunt up there.....Mooneys 99th minute leveller!!

Clems Army!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 00:25:30 »

Waddock "did a Mourinho" & kept the pitch dry so we couldn't zip the ball about (Xavi = Ferry; Zlatan = Paynter; Iniesta = Ward; Pique = Greer). Slightly tongue-in-cheek but also true, I bet.

The signs have been there for a few games now, we're starting to run out of fuel in certain areas. Not complaining - these boys have been cunting magnificent & I can't wait for next season, whatever division we're in. I also accepted p/offs a while ago so wasn't massively pissed-off on the way home. We've already over-achieved so let's enjoy the ride.

We're also getting fucked right up the shitter by refs/lino's, ie Southend & today, was it over the line, & Austin looked like he came from way behind the defender before he rounded the keeper & scored today - just my feeling from behind the goal so who knows?

Anyone else notice Austin shaking his head at the end of game when we started booing as they walked off? Charlie - we were booing Cuntwell & his assistants - NOT the players. My mate seemed to think he was gesturing towards Cuntwell & shaking his head so hopefully that's it. We're falling away a bit, but we all appreciated the 2nd half effort today, it was good stuff & I was encouraged by the spirit & coming from behind twice.

Form doesn't necessarily mean a fucking thing once the p/offs start - that has been proven many times in the past.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 08:18:14 »

At least we have a keeper who can save penalties (if ever needed again!!)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #395 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 09:31:10 »

That co-commentator sounded a right drip on the radio.

Clueless! Wink

Hey you leave Vic alone Wink

On an aside....Juddie can you please get Vic to stop his getting too excited before a goal, thanks...love TheTownend forum. x

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #396 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 11:50:38 »

With random results,

Probability of beating the first opponent = 0.5

Probability of beating the second opponent = 0.5

Probability of winning the play offs = 0.5 X 0.5 = 0.25 which is 1 in 4.

4 teams, 1 is going to win, 3 are not going to win, 1 in 4.

Fuck knows how I got to my conclusion, then again I hated stats at school/college.

Still, I think the whole play off lottery thing is a load of bollocks. It's just like any game of football - generally the better team wins but sometimes luck plays a part. I think the playoffs are simply harder to call because the teams tend to be evenly matched.
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 12:02:29 »

Was a brilliant second half really enjoyable still think we will pip millwall to third but rovers will turn over for leeds.
[/quote]

Dead right!  Somewhat made up for the first half.  Couple of great goals right in front of us, hadn't crossed my mind that Paynter was off - Austin definitely wasn't.  What an idiot the lino was. Couldn't see whether the ball crossed the line for their second at the other end of course.

did anyone mention Marshall already, sorry didn't get to read through whole thread - thought he had a good game when on for Ward.   

Or mention of Deirdre Barlow song?
Spencer_White

« Reply #398 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 12:02:51 »

Good second half. Seemed like we ran out of steam when we got the equaliser. 14 minutes should have been enough time to get the winner. Unfortunately typical of how we havnt been able to make things happen in the last month.

Have to say, you usually get a good game at Wycombe. The 31 with the long hair looked a decent player.

I guess Ferry was injured? Because otherwise I find the Easton substitution puzzling.

Fucking gutted that the Austin 'goal' was given offside. It was the first thing that came into my head when I woke up this morning. Austin had a word with him and the lino admitted it was 'marginal', hopefully he regrets it now. He got it wrong.

Fans could have been better, it has to be said. When it goes 2-2 with 10 minutes to go, if the fans go mad then the Wycombe players probably panic. A good example of us doing that would be the game there in 2002. Still, play offs it is. Least we know now. Any defeat at Millwall wont mess their heads up for the PO semi finals.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 12:05:59 by Spencer_White » Logged
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 12:30:30 »

All pretty much covered I think. Crap first half decent second. Officials were absolutely shite! Really would like to see Manky instead of Derby. Derby was steady as he has been since joining us, but steady won't be enough in the play offs.
Also thought 'Deidre' looked more like 'computer says no' ?
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 12:53:46 »

Atmostphere fluctuated at times. At times we were absolutely booming and Wycombe were panicking. Think we can count ourselves pretty fucking unlucky not to win that. Ok, so Billy was lucky to stay on, Lucas saved our arses at the end, but shit me I cannot help but feel we got utterly screwed yesterday afternoon.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 14:31:23 »

Two penalties, two saved I think this season. Although he didn't save any of the ones he faced at Wolves.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:04:54 »

Smith saved a few this season too.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:20:05 »

Whatever the result I'm gonna feel a twat as I'm wearing my Greek warrior fancy dress costume as I'm straight down to a 40th in Briz after the game. Hopefully it will inspire the boys today

Had a good crack doing the fancy dress thing yesterday and then a mad rush down to Briz afterwards thanks to the closing of A404 at 3pm on a Saturday so diverted through Maidenhead. Spoke to a couple of people and a good chat with one of the Ultras (who also follows Roma).

Bit frustrating yesterday and some of Attwell's decisions. Seeing the 2nd goal on the TV it was a clumsy tired tackle from JPM and Lucas's save was almost too good as he nearly caught it and it popped out of his hands rather than a push around for a corner. Attwell was closer to it than the lino but let him make the call, I guess with his reputation he's gonna let the lino make the call each time. Some very inconsistent decisions, their left back should have got a 2nd yellow, Ainsworth fouled Lucas and no card and Marshall yellow card for trapping a ball over the top.

Interesting what Wilson does in terms of selection as some players clearly need a rest so the pragmatic, rational thing would be to rest players and prepare for tyhe play offs but if there is a mathematical chance of auto does he keep his first choice 11 in? I think he should rest players for Brentford as Millwall game might be too high profile to rest 4 or 5 but there will be some quarters who will criticise if Leeds or Millwall slip up and we've rested players and don't beat Brentford. Think it would be good fro the team to almost forget on auto and get their minds and bodies prepared for the play offs.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 15:22:54 »

Apologies for shouting your username at you.

You did look a bit of a tit though....
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: