Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe wanderers V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 40440 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 17:18:05 »

Just got back. Basically denied victory by the officials, but in truth we're not good enough for 2nd place. The defence (Greer!) are starting to look very shakey. Roll on the play-offs.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
stfcinbmth

« Reply #346 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 17:32:58 »

Play off's it is then

Poole won 3-2 against their local rivals Wimborne Town

@leefer L     24/04/10       Brockenhurst       2 - 2       Hayling United

Looking forward to my trip up next week see you in the CGH
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 17:47:55 »

Just seen the goals on SSN.

Revells didnt even go in.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 17:51:37 »

i have a nasty feeling we are not going to do it.i really hope this isn't a season of what could have been

Possibly.  If you accept that it's now play offs or nothing, our chances of promotion are approx 1 in 4 (ie more likely we won't go up than we will.)  If we don't, I think we're well set for next year.  Let's enjoy the play offs...as much as it's possible to enjoy the play offs.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 17:54:31 »

Ah well, another draw.

Still were in the same position as before. Am i right in thinking that if the table stays the same at the end of the season, we will get Charlton in the playoffs?

Secondly how was the white horse if any body went there?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #350 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 17:59:05 »

Possibly.  If you accept that it's now play offs or nothing, our chances of promotion are approx 1 in 4 (ie more likely we won't go up than we will.)  If we don't, I think we're well set for next year.  Let's enjoy the play offs...as much as it's possible to enjoy the play offs.

It's not 1 in 4, you only play 2 opponents, so 1 in 3, but of course the chances of winning aren't as simple as 1 in 3.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 11:28:29 by Si Pie » Logged
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:15:33 »

I've just found out that we were part of a hidden camera show called "You've been Atwelled"

What a massive cunt that man is. Inept doesn't even cut it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:16:29 »

With random results,

Probability of beating the first opponent = 0.5

Probability of beating the second opponent = 0.5

Probability of winning the play offs = 0.5 X 0.5 = 0.25 which is 1 in 4.

4 teams, 1 is going to win, 3 are not going to win, 1 in 4.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:26:07 »

I've just found out that we were part of a hidden camera show called "You've been Atwelled"

This is the dude from the reading v watford game a while back when he gave a goal and it didnt even go in isnt it?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:29:25 »

Saw Revell's 'goal'.

Yeah... it wasn't in.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:33:39 »

This is the dude from the reading v watford game a while back when he gave a goal and it didnt even go in isnt it?

The assistant referee has the job of being in line with the goal line and determining whether the ball has crossed the line.  The ref is not going to overrule the assistant ref when he is not himself positioned to look along the goal line.
Barry Scott

« Reply #356 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:34:58 »

Just got back. Ref was a cunt, as was the lino. Austin was well onside for the disallowed goal (I was inline with Austin). Central midfield wasn't at their best and Cuthbert looked very low on confidence and didn't play well. Marshall was good and when Manky came on he changed the game along with Easton. JPM, as has often been the case this season, was good. He did little wrong and imo was our best player.

It's all gone a bit hoofball and panicky though, which i find very scary.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:39:58 »

Also back now. Not sure the Austin offside was for Austin. Looked to be earlier in the play from the position the free kick was.

First half was hopeless hoofball, as bad as it has been all season. There really was nothing. Second half was better. Not back to our best but we looked up for it. We also looked as if Wilson told them to ruff up Wycombe a bit and get the crowd going.

The ref was a prize prick. The biggest prickish thing he did was booking Marshall for being offside.

Talking of Marshall (and Amankwha), though they added a bit to our attack today. Though Amankwha seemed a little slow reacting to a few balls standing still instead of chasing it.

We could be playing Millwall 3 times in just over a week...

edit: fuck, just managed to repeat Barry's post above. Oh well, at least we agree.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:43:56 by Batch » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:41:31 »

Just got back. Ref was a cunt, as was the lino. Austin was well onside for the disallowed goal (I was inline with Austin). Central midfield wasn't at their best and Cuthbert looked very low on confidence and didn't play well. Marshall was good and when Manky came on he changed the game along with Easton. JPM, as has often been the case this season, was good. He did little wrong and imo was our best player.

It's all gone a bit hoofball and panicky though, which i find very scary.

I'm normally one to admit the lino is in a better position, but Austin didn't look offside for one moment. I agree about the subs - they all had a good game. Remarkably, Marshall managed to get penalised for controlling a ball with his chest, and also for miscontrolling the ball once the flag had been raised for offside. Spoke to a Wycombe fan on the train back - he was behind the goal and said it didn't go in for their second. All in all it sounds like we've been robbed, but 2-2 was still a fair result on the balance of play. Play-offs it is.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 18:42:09 »

Saw Revell's 'goal'.

Yeah... it wasn't in.

Really. Our players didn't exactly surround the ref to protest, so assumed it was a good call.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: