Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42952 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #390 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 00:29:38 »

I thought we played OK today. Plenty of chances and loads of posession, but fuck all to show for it.

Up until Austin scored, I was all for taking him off as he looked fucked or injured. After he scored though, he was the last player I'd have taken off as he was suddenly full of confidence again.

Nouble was fucking embarrassing. Again. Pericard at least puts himself about.

I'd still play an injured or out of form Paynter/Austin combo over any of the alternative strikers we currently have on the books.

Agree with the comments about Amankwah being a better attacking option over Darby, but Darby hasn't let us down since he arrived. He gets forward plenty of times and is an intelligent player both in defence and attack, but Amankwah scares the fucking shit out of teams with both his pace and audacity going forward, so would get the nod from against Wycombe.

Still plenty to play for, even at this late stage with the teams around us fucking up worse than us.

It's a fucking pisser that we havent capitalised on a gilt-edged chance to clinch 2nd spot in recent weeks. Everyone is pissed off about it; players, fans, management and owners. That's a fucking 100% no-brain given.

If I hear any cunt booing our lads, either home or away during the run in, I swear to god that I'll rip their fucking head off.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 00:56:27 »

It's a fucking pisser that we havent capitalised on a gilt-edged chance to clinch 2nd spot in recent weeks. Everyone is pissed off about it; players, fans, management and owners. That's a fucking 100% no-brain given.

Well said.  The pisser is we have played well enough but the chances just haven't gone in.
Talk Talk

« Reply #392 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 01:48:17 »

There's only a few things i could criticise Wilson for:-

1.His Substitutions (Sometimes)

2.The forwards he has signed, Apart from Austin he has signed Hutchinson, Odabeyi, Revell, Pericard & Nouble, How about that for a list of fucking donkeys, Imagine if Austin & Paynter fucked off in the summer, Would you be confident that Wilson would sign some decent strikers?

3.Doesn't seem to have a Plan B when we're behind.

You seriously are a complete and utter cunt, "pride_of_wilts". You are no such thing. You are a negative bag of shit and if I ever get the pleasant opportunity of meeting you I will shag your nostrils and shit in your mouth.

Fuck off.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 01:55:49 »

You seriously are a complete and utter cunt, "pride_of_wilts". You are no such thing. You are a negative bag of shit and if I ever get the pleasant opportunity of meeting you I will shag your nostrils and shit in your mouth.

Fuck off.

:cunt:  Smug Fuck Off

I made fair points, If you don't like it Fuck Off!
Talk Talk

« Reply #394 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:03:55 »

I made fair points, If you don't like it Fuck Off!

You don't make fair points, you are a whining twat.

I'm surprised that you manage to breathe. In fact, give it up and do us all a favour.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #395 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:09:14 »

You don't make fair points, you are a whining twat.

I'm surprised that you manage to breathe. In fact, give it up and do us all a favour.

Fuck off, I forgot Wilson is perfect in every single way isn't he?!! You up his arse or something??! The points i made are valid, Moaning old cunt.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:09:36 »

"I will shag your nostrils and shit in your mouth."

Me next!!!!
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #397 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:10:13 »

"I will shag your nostrils and shit in your mouth."

Me next!!!!

Bring it on then!
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:10:55 »

No no, I wanted to be the abused not the abuser  :gay:
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:13:29 »

*cough*

Anyway:

Bit calmer now as is always the case, and I have to give credit to Walsall. Easily the better side in the first half, Gray and Jones (who I rate highly at this level) were causing problems and Nicholls looked a threat. Deeney disappointed a tad but I won't judge over 90 minutes.

I have no idea why we started hoofing it, especially down the throat of a, what, 6'7" defender? I'd like to see JPM in the middle with Douglas I think, we seem to be having trouble breaking teams down at times, hence the endless passing. It looks pretty but a lot of the time we get nowhere, need to work on being more progressive when we've got possession. Wilson has said as much, lets see it put into practice.

Still, it says a lot that a Walsall fan on another forum said we're one of the better sides he's seen, and most Town fans are annoyed with the performance.

Austin, needless goading of the away fans, would much have preferred him to grab the ball and run back to the half way line. Still, he's living a bit of a dream at the minute (probably a poor excuse though considering how riled up Town fans got after Wordsworth's celebration against Colchester last week)

Nouble and Pericard really don't inspire me. Frank doesn't want to be here and Pericard shows the odd touch but is largely lethargic and frustrating.

My line-up for Wycombe:

-------------------Lucas--------------------

Manky-----Cuthbert------Greer------Sheehan

Marshall---Douglas---------JPM----------Ward

-------------Austin----Paynter---------------

Just feel we need freshening up a bit. I'd even consider JFL in for Sheehan. Or you could go Ferry, Douglas and Easton in a central 3, with JPM and Ward supporting Paynter/Austin.

We've got a few options, i'd like to see us use them.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:17:03 by SCM » Logged
Talk Talk

« Reply #400 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:30:25 »

Fuck off, I forgot Wilson is perfect in every single way isn't he?!! You up his arse or something??! The points i made are valid, Moaning old cunt.

Ok then, dickwad.

Very surprised Amankwaah didn't start instead of Darby today.

FFS Swindon don't fuck up again!

We are obviously bottlers!!

I cannot believe we are bottling it again, God help us in the play-offs!! If they can't handle the pressure then we have no fucking chance!

Yeah we had a chance last weekend and on Monday and we are doing it again today.

And why is it that we can never win when we go behind?? Something is obviously wrong because that is just ridiculous, Don't we have a Plan B?

This is Exeter all over again isn't it!  Smakc

This really is our last chance, Let's hope they fucking take it!!

Leeds' fans are probably pissing themselves, Their losing but know that when we go behind we just don't win!

He didn't bring him on until very late in the game against Exeter.

What??? Very baffling.

Sad

We should be going for it!

Not going to happen is it  Sad

Yep  Sad

But we had a great chance of auto but have fucked up in the last 3 games.

Yep it is a fucking joke!

Other teams won't keep fucking up, We won't get auto, Play-offs it is.

Why can't we win a game after going behind, WTF is going on?

I'm realistic, We won't get auto.

What worries me in the play-offs is what happens if we go behind in the semi final 1st leg?

There's a difference between negativity and being realistic, Do you think we will get auto? Come on.

Let's just hope if we don't get auto we win the play-offs but who thinks we could win them?

Wilson's lack of a Plan B really does worry me! I'm going to be a nervous wreck if we end up in the play-offs, If we go behind i will fear for the worst, Teams' do have us sussed so we need to do new things and not continue to play the same way because it's not working.

You're an Oxford fan, aren't you? You weren't even at the fucking game.

CUNT
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 02:32:06 by Talk Talk » Logged
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #401 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 03:13:22 »

Oh aren't you clever with all the quoting, Sad old cunt!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 07:39:29 »

I think most of us expected Big Kev to start yesterday to give us more attacking options? We know that Vincents a solid defender but a slow one, he wouldn't have been able to keep up with Kev.

Also I am worried/pissed off/frustrated by our inability to come back from a goal down and win. I think you'd be stupid not to be. Even more so for a team at the right end of the table. Why can't we do it? As soon as Walsall scored I knew the best we could do is draw and that's shocking. Both for my lack of belief and the fact that its true

We do have a plan b but it isn't a good one. As show by Pericard and Noubles combined goal total being less than Ben Hutchinsons.

The last two home gams have been a disapointment. No two ways about it...
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 07:51:17 »

Its not like it is the first time this has happened, we should have a plan to counter it and we don't. Wilson should be making changes to the tactics from the touchline or making substitutions. With Walsall pushing up so much to counter our passing game there were gaps at the back we could have exploited with the right tactics, or even something radical like putting Nouble on in the 1st half to give us some pace up front for balls over the top.

But no, Wilson just stands there and does fuck all. When he does make changes, it's for the worse.
In the last two games we went 1-0 down he made changes and we got draws.Not saying they are great points as they clearly are not but to say the changes are for the worse is utter bollocks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, April 18, 2010, 07:54:53 »

We were at 1-1 yesterday before the changes. I think they took away our momentum yesterday.

However, like you said they worked against Exeter and even more so against Norwich a few weeks back.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: