Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42809 times)
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:13:42 »

Austin's goal .... walsall fans thought it was handball according to my neighbour who was in the away end. Will take it though to make up for the shambolic goal we gave away.

Ward does appear to have gone off the boil recently,not getting another crosses in for Paynter / Austin. 2nd half going narrow didnt work, not enough width ...JPM was playing in central position, although Darby attacking play/overlaps were better today.

ewsham Robin
crystall Tips

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:23:48 »

until there is no hope of 2nd place, I will continue to hope

everyone's disappointed with the result today, but we're still closer to 2nd than we were before.

When we win, I want the week to go slowly so I can enjoy it, when we don't get the three points I want time to rush on to the next game.  Can't wait til Wycombe now.

dogs

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:28:43 »

The last few games have shown we clearly were not under the radar and others have certainly noticed us and done their homework. Wilson must realise teams are banking up against us, from the off, and unless we tweak the system we're going to be continually frustrated.

At half time today I said to my mate I would have gone 3-5-2 after the restart, taking off Darby and Ward for Amankwaah and LJF (Sheehan and Amankwaah as wingbacks). Alas, nothing happened and as always when we are chasing the game, we revert to the shittest, most desperate tactics out there - long ball hoofs with no success.

I do hope Wilson realises this in the last 3 games and adapts our play to what we're up against. If not, I believe the season will fizzle out and we'll be none the wiser to where we stand in the play-offs.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:54:20 »

Wilson out.  Shit manager.  What has he done for this club?  Bring back Malpas.

So any criticism of Wilson is prohibited?
Doore

« Reply #379 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:06:30 »

So any criticism of Wilson is prohibited?

With the season we have had, he seems to know what he is doing.  Who are we to argue?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:08:05 »

With the season we have had, he seems to know what he is doing.  Who are we to argue?

So you're saying that signing Hutchinson on loan and playing him repeatedly was a shrewd move by Wilson?
Doore

« Reply #381 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:16:36 »

So you're saying that signing Hutchinson on loan and playing him repeatedly was a shrewd move by Wilson?

I'm saying that overall Danny Wilson has got things right at this club.  Nothing is ever perfect, but are you seriously complaining this season?
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #382 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:28:08 »

There's only a few things i could criticise Wilson for:-

1.His Substitutions (Sometimes)

2.The forwards he has signed, Apart from Austin he has signed Hutchinson, Odabeyi, Revell, Pericard & Nouble, How about that for a list of fucking donkeys, Imagine if Austin & Paynter fucked off in the summer, Would you be confident that Wilson would sign some decent strikers?

3.Doesn't seem to have a Plan B when we're behind.
Doore

« Reply #383 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:31:58 »

2.The forwards he has signed, Apart from Austin he has signed Hutchinson, Odabeyi, Revell, Pericard & Nouble, How about that for a list of fucking donkeys, Imagine if Austin & Paynter fucked off in the summer, Would you be confident that Wilson would sign some decent strikers?

Absoultely.  With a budget like he has at his disposal and the caché that Swindon are blessed with we should be able to sign every top striker going.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:32:19 »

1.His Substitutions (Sometimes)

3.Doesn't seem to have a Plan B when we're behind.

So is there anyone else you would rather have in charge??
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:40:03 »

Wilson isn't perfect. Let's not pretend that he is. If he was he wouldn't be here.

But then that isn't anything anyone didn't already know.

Its fairly bloody obvious.

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:46:24 »

You can't see it 'any other way'...

Well, you obviously live in a very 'black and white' world arriba and you don't seem to be able to take into account that, as I pointed out a few posts back, that we are dealing with human beings here. i.e young lads like Charlie Austin who was working on a building site a few months back. Danny Ward who had not played first team football before this season. Simon Ferry had not played for two years prior to coming to Swindon (TWO FUCKING YEARS - THINK ABOUT THAT).

As far as you are concerned, those boys have fucked up. I could argue with you about this until one of us dies of old age. Judging by your posts (this is all I can do as I've never met you in the flesh) you seem to be quite an unforgiving person who views things in a very harsh, black and white way. I'm not like that. It's pretty clear we aint never going to agree on this. I'm never going to be able to convince you of my point of view, similarly, you you will never ever be able to even come close to convincing me that this season will have been a fuck up if we don't go up.

I think you're expecting too much. I really do. I cannot see for the life of me how it's been a fuck up. (Assuming we don't go up of course)

i think your problem with me is that you misinterpret my points,and ignore alot of it.you misquoted me last week and went off on points i didn't even make.now you've had a rant after quoting 1 line of a post.what you think is obvious about me is completely wrong.
i expected nothing but stability this season..

« Last Edit: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 23:04:19 by arriba » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 22:57:52 »

I'm saying that overall Danny Wilson has got things right at this club.  Nothing is ever perfect, but are you seriously complaining this season?

I agree and I'm not complaining about the season as a whole either.

He has been phenomenal in the transfer market and has built an excellent team of 11 players that play great passing football. I can't think of anyone that I would prefer to have as manager and I'll say the same even if we don't go up - Wilson is by far the most valuable asset the club has at present.

But that doesn't mean he is perfect - his team selections, tactics and substitutions have all got regular criticism from plenty of people (me included). On the one hand it concerns me a fair bit given his experience but on the other he hasn't been here that long and most likely needs longer to get everything to where he wants it to be.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 23:02:10 »

I think Wilson could do a lot worse than give the players the next few days off, and only really do light training from here on in.

Things get better but they never get good
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 23:25:02 »

I think Wilson could do a lot worse than give the players the next few days off, and only really do light training from here on in.

.....with the exception of Noube and Pericard.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: