Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Walsall Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42871 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:37:58 »

The same thing has happened in other games this season. The real concern is that Wilson doesn't seem to have plan B for when this happens, we just keep on playing the same game and getting nowhere. For that reason I'd like to see us try something different next week, maybe a 4-5-1 with Austin or Paynter up front (or even Nouble), Ward in an attacking midfield role just behind the sole striker and Marshall on the left. I reckon Ward had one of his best games playing that position against Norwich and it would be worth trying it again. Just something different from the 4-4-2 we always play.

Definitely Austin's goal, not sure he knew too much about it but he got the last touch. Pretty certain the card was for a foul on the keeper as well rather than diving.

It was for leaving his foot in after the keeper collected the ball. Def Austin who scored, but i was sure  it went in off his arm, was convinced it would be disallowed. Thought walsall had done their homework well, the reason we hoofed it a lot, was because the always had 2 and sometimes 3 pressing when Cuthbert, Greer, or Lucas had the ball, hence we didn't have time to play out from the back like we normally do. Definately the worst i have seen us play this season, but people booing ought to piss off and watch sky from their armchairs.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:38:27 »

Iffy to. I cant believe i actually forgot those. All I could think of Nouble, Pericard, Fola, Trevor fucking Benjamin and Kyle Lightbourne

Not to mention Eric Sabin and Lloyd Opara.

The Chief was ace and I'm deeply dissapointed I forgot him.

Kyle Lightbourne? Fucking hell hearing them sort of names really does cheer me up. Thank fuck we don't have anyone that shit in our squad these days.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:38:33 »

Ndah was another.

George is one of my all time favourite players.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:38:41 »

Ward was our best chance and cannot believe he was taken off

Are you kidding ?  Ward has been hopeless for the last 4 games at least - our slump in form is directly in line with his performances. At the very least we should have Marshall on the bench to offer an alternaive

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:40:39 »

Some people need a reality check in the DRS like the twat who gave ferry the wanker sign vs Exeter & others who booed the team off at half time today vs Walsall.
Yes we've dropped points in last 3 games, but we are still clearly in the playoffs positions, creating lots of chances & not having much luck in front of goal. I understand football is a passionate sport where people release their frustrations after a hard week at work & if you pay your money you entitled to your opinion BUT WHAT PURPOSE DOES BOOING THE TEAM DO ... WE ARE CHALLENGING FOR PROMOTION, NOT FIGHTING RELEGATION.

ewsham Robin
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:42:18 »

Are you kidding ?   our slump in form is directly in line with his performances.

Now that is a very good point sir. I've watched Wardy the last couple of games and have been going...'hmmmmmmmmm.....' in a Marge Simpson kind of way
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:42:32 »

George is one of my all time favourite players.

he must have had the biggest bottom lip ever?

I'm sure I saw him trip over it once.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:46:25 »

if a team gets itself into a strong postition and then doesn't hold it,i can't see how its anything other than fucking it up.

You can't see it 'any other way'...

Well, you obviously live in a very 'black and white' world arriba and you don't seem to be able to take into account that, as I pointed out a few posts back, that we are dealing with human beings here. i.e young lads like Charlie Austin who was working on a building site a few months back. Danny Ward who had not played first team football before this season. Simon Ferry had not played for two years prior to coming to Swindon (TWO FUCKING YEARS - THINK ABOUT THAT).

As far as you are concerned, those boys have fucked up. I could argue with you about this until one of us dies of old age. Judging by your posts (this is all I can do as I've never met you in the flesh) you seem to be quite an unforgiving person who views things in a very harsh, black and white way. I'm not like that. It's pretty clear we aint never going to agree on this. I'm never going to be able to convince you of my point of view, similarly, you you will never ever be able to even come close to convincing me that this season will have been a fuck up if we don't go up.

I think you're expecting too much. I really do. I cannot see for the life of me how it's been a fuck up. (Assuming we don't go up of course)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 20:52:25 »

Batch said we "looked tired, devoid of ideas, hesitant and devoid of the football we had been playing". I think that's a pretty good summary of today's game - we just didn't know what to do. Walsall had a plan and executed it well, but we never made it difficult for them.

BUT the table looks like this:

Norwich 89
Leeds 80
Millwall 79
Swindon 78
Charlton 77
Hudds 74

Now, anybody who seriously think we can't make the top two needs to sleep off their anger and come back tomorrow having had a good old think about things. Leeds have three potentially tough games, Millwall have been as devoid of ideas as we were today, and Charlton are still a point behind. Wycombe will want to beat us next week, and that could give us the chance to get in behind them and cause problems, which is what we've been missing over the past two or three games.

Don't give up now. We were poor today but that doesn't mean we won't regain form soon. It's still there for the taking, so try to look forward to the next three games, rather than back over a frustrating week.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:02:38 »

Don't give up now. We were poor today but that doesn't mean we won't regain form soon. It's still there for the taking, so try to look forward to the next three games, rather than back over a frustrating week.

You're right Reevesy..there's a massive amount of frustration around at the moment and everyone has different ways of showing it which leads to the occasional forum 'ding dong do' but it's only because we all care so much. Reading the posts you could be forgiven for thinking we were 8 points behind second or something but there's only two points in it. DW was right (as he is, more often than not) when he said it's going to go to the last game. As you say, let's look forward, not back. Cool
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:05:29 »

Austin needs to sort out his celebration, fucking pointless goading the walsall fans today, really annoyed me.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:09:29 »

Thought walsall had done their homework well, the reason we hoofed it a lot, was because the always had 2 and sometimes 3 pressing when Cuthbert, Greer, or Lucas had the ball, hence we didn't have time to play out from the back like we normally do.

Its not like it is the first time this has happened, we should have a plan to counter it and we don't. Wilson should be making changes to the tactics from the touchline or making substitutions. With Walsall pushing up so much to counter our passing game there were gaps at the back we could have exploited with the right tactics, or even something radical like putting Nouble on in the 1st half to give us some pace up front for balls over the top.

But no, Wilson just stands there and does fuck all. When he does make changes, it's for the worse.
lambourn red

« Reply #372 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:12:24 »

I think we can get back to winning ways next week which hopefully will give us a new lease of life , I can see the next 2 games for all involved panning out like this

Leeds - Franchise draw
Millwall - Orient home win
Wycombe - Swindon away win
Exeter - Charlton draw

Charlton - Leeds Home win
Tranmere - Millwall draw
Swindon - Brentford Home win as long as we score first

This would leave us needing a draw last day, still all to play for it is no point dwelling on missed opprotunities the players just need to start believing again and we might just start getting the rub of the green again which seems to have deserted us the last week. I was frustrated as hell coming away from today but since calming down I still think we can do it.
Doore

« Reply #373 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:12:50 »

But no, Wilson just stands there and does fuck all. When he does make changes, it's for the worse.

Wilson out.  Shit manager.  What has he done for this club?  Bring back Malpas.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Saturday, April 17, 2010, 21:13:22 »

or even something radical like putting Nouble on in the 1st half to give us some pace up front for balls over the top.

I'm only guessing here....but judging by the way Nouble's been playing I think that would have made no difference whatsoever.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: