Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25732 times)
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:17:42 »

I'm not giving up on auto just yet. Leeds have to go to Charlton, Millwall go to Udders on Friday and there are bound to be one or two unexpected results as well.

Bang on. We've played well in the last two games, but just seem to have lost a bit of spark in front of goal, which is a bit odd as we have "the most prolific partnership in the football league" (© Sky Sports)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:18:02 »

I'm not giving up on auto just yet. Leeds have to go to Charlton, Millwall go to Udders on Friday and there are bound to be one or two unexpected results as well.

Exactly. I dont know why we are giving up on auto yet. We were still beleiving that we could auto after Colcherster and since then we have gained a point and if Leeds and Millwall lose tomorrow then it is all still to play for. We shouldn't give up yet. Like i said earlier, tomorrow is very important now.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:20:05 »

i thought sheehan did ok, put some good crosses into the box, ball didnt fall for us coupled with some heroic defending by exeter. tits.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:21:15 »

That was a fantastic display of attacking football by Town-my neutral friends in the local were amazed at the quality of our play.Everyone of our players is comfortable on the ball and Ferry was fucking outstanding tonight in my opinion-if Wardy could finish he'd be in Bolton's side now.That was a freak result tonight.So much better than watching boring Premiershit football!
« Last Edit: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:23:21 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:22:01 »

Sheehan was poor, Very very wasteful, Most players played well, Austin seemed off the boil tonight though.
Pride, were you at the game tonight?   Seems a bit harsh to slag payers off if you weren't.  What Charlie has done this season is an absolute bloody miracle so a couple of games not scoring isnn't something to carp about.  Lets see how the front runners do tomorrow and then worry...
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #155 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:23:54 »

Pride, were you at the game tonight?   Seems a bit harsh to slag payers off if you weren't.  What Charlie has done this season is an absolute bloody miracle so a couple of games not scoring isnn't something to carp about.  Lets see how the front runners do tomorrow and then worry...

I watched it! Sheehan was our most wasteful player when he had the ball, Paynter played well but Austin must have been knackered because he seemed a bit off the pace tonight!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:24:12 »

my Rangers supporting flatmate was amazed when one of our players (I forget who) brought the ball down out of the sky and said he hadn't seen a Rangers player do that in years.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:25:01 »

Even though that was ball-achingly frustrating you have to feel good about the rest of the season however it pans out. Even if we do end up in the play offs you have to fancy our chances against anyone. I wouldn't mind Colchester in the semis. Those cunts need bringing down a peg or two.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #158 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:27:27 »

Even though that was ball-achingly frustrating you have to feel good about the rest of the season however it pans out. Even if we do end up in the play offs you have to fancy our chances against anyone. I wouldn't mind Colchester in the semis. Those cunts need bringing down a peg or two.

I'd rather play them in the final, On a decent pitch we would beat them, Better than playing on that plough field.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:30:50 »

Exactly. I dont know why we are giving up on auto yet. We were still beleiving that we could auto after Colcherster and since then we have gained a point and if Leeds and Millwall lose tomorrow then it is all still to play for. We shouldn't give up yet. Like i said earlier, tomorrow is very important now.

But we're relying on both Millwall and Leeds to lose. Can't see it. I'm not sure I can take the play-offs again.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:31:47 »

Two years ago we nearly went bust.

One year ago we were battling relegation.

This year I'm disappointed we 'only' seem to be heading to the playoffs.

Its not that bad (as long as we win at Wembley!)
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #161 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:33:15 »

I can see both Millwall & Leeds' winning tomorrow so the gap would be too big.

Let's just hope we can do the business in the play-offs.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:34:02 »

But we're relying on both Millwall and Leeds to lose. Can't see it.

Why not? They're only human, they feel pressure the same as anyone. And teams will be going up against them and playing out of their skins like Exeter did tonight. I mean come on, everyone playes like it's their Cup Final against mighty Leeds don't they?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #163 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:34:59 »

Sheehan is fucking wank.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:35:12 »

Was it only me, but I really enjoyed that game.

So did I.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: