Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25758 times)
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #135 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:02:50 »

You said we'd let ourselves down.

Fair enough though. Poor result, good performance. Think most people would in agreement with that.

I meant we let ourselves down by not taking our chances not the performance, No-one can say we didn't play well but that's little consolation when you don't take your chances, It has cost us, We will have to do much better to have any chance of winning the play-offs.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:03:09 »

I never said it was a poor performance, We dominated but as i said it's no good if you don't take your chances.
you said it was "shite" and "not good enough"

don't argue semantics, dammit
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #137 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:04:02 »

you said it was "shite" and "not good enough"

don't argue semantics, dammit

Cheesy

Well a draw isn't good enough!
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:04:32 »

Looking forward to some comments from those at the game.  Positives - we score in injury time just like Norwich which eases the pain of us conceding late.  Main lesson from this evening is to go to the rest of the games and not listen on the radio as Vic and Phil are too biased and give me heart attacks every time we get in the opponants box with their wild shouting.  I'm so chuffed we got a late goal, hopefully that will give the team a real boost
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:06:54 »

Good post langers.

My brother was molesting the croydon massive tonight apparently

I hope he's alright! It can be a bit scary after dark!
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:07:32 »

Absolutely - they defended like their lives depended on it. Hope they stay up - at least they try to play football, which is more than you can say for the likes of Colchester.

Just got back...and this sums up what I was thinking.

Their manager Tisdale is highly thought of and I can see why. They made it difficult for us by playing a 3-5-2 formation, but they played some good football especially in the first half, but from the first to the last minute they put their bodies on the line every time we had a pop on goal.

Even though it's technically 2 points dropped, there are going to be points dropped  by the four sides going for second. We've probably overachieved so far this season. We should just now go to try and win the four remaining games. If we do, and it's not enough for automatic, so be it.

By the way, did notice that Colin Calderwood was at the CG tonight. I wonder who he was spying on!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:09:47 »

Cheesy

Well a draw isn't good enough!

In the context of where we are in the league, and what we're seeking to achieve, no it isn't. But to say we let ourselves down on tv is just laughable. All the neutrals who just watched the game were pleasantly surprised at how good a team we looked, and you have to credit Exeter for a very good defensive performance. Whatever happens, we've had a season thats exceeded all expectations, so chill out old bean.....
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:10:15 »

It's really disappointing that we worked so hard to get to 2nd and promptly lost it again. Some sloppy defending, poor finishing, and a slight amount of misfortune has put paid to our auto dreams.

A note on some players, we need someone to take the game by the scruff of the neck and take responsibility - too many times we didn't want to take the shot, or try the killer pass.

And I still hate how wasteful Sheehan is.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:10:42 »

I've certainly got a lot more respect for Exeter than Colchester. I can't believe it's Exeter fighting relegation and Colchester going for the play offs.

I'm gutted we didn't win but that was great game and you can't fault the lads for effort.

Even so........Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhh!!!!!.....this game is so frustrating!!!
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #144 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:11:49 »

Sheehan was poor, Very very wasteful, Most players played well, Austin seemed off the boil tonight though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:12:55 »

a slight amount of misfortune has put paid to our auto dreams.

I'm not giving up on auto just yet. Leeds have to go to Charlton, Millwall go to Udders on Friday and there are bound to be one or two unexpected results as well.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:15:31 »

To be honest, Autos would be a bonus but i think we have a great chance in the playoffs.

We seem to play better against the so called bigger teams in the division.  I reckon we could turnover Charlton over 2 games and then beat Huddesfield/Leeds/Millwall at Wembley.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:15:31 »

Anyway that's three games against Exeter this season that have finished 1-1, and all had a last minute equaliser in each !!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:16:49 »

We must give Exeter every credit tonight, they set themselves up to frustrate us and they certainly did that.  What worries me is that is the way they have played since the turn of the year, it was fairly obvious we needed pace down the flanks to get behind them, not once did we get the ball to the line and cut it back.  Surely we have had them scouted and knew how they were going to play?  Perhaps we let ourselves down technically in that department, but how you can criticise anybody after the performance I just don't know.  
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:17:34 »

Was it only me, but I really enjoyed that game. Real heart in the mouth stuff. Yes it wasn't the most ideal result but we dominated the game, and hats off to Exeter they really defended like lions.

Whats with all the doom and gloom?! We're still there...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: