Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Exeter City Official Match Day thread  (Read 25737 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:49:41 »

60% posession, 9 attempts on target, 10 corners, hit the post, the bar and had a shot cleared off the line.

after a mad five minutes at the start of the second half, we took total control of the game.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #121 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:50:10 »

No matter how well we played it's not good enough if we can't score and leave it to the last minute to get a goal.
Panda Paws

« Reply #122 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:52:06 »

No matter how well we played it's not good enough if we can't score and leave it to the last minute to get a goal.

No
radicalbyte

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:52:23 »

We put it in the air too much, and Exeter are very good in the air.  What I missed was some real pace upfront.  Someone who could run at them with the ball and draw the inevitable fouls in.
flammableBen

« Reply #124 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:52:26 »

I thought we were really good. Credit to Exeter too, lots of character and a bit of luck needed to keep the ball out like that.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #125 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:52:47 »

We're in the Top 6 and it's not a fluke - this is a cracking campaign. The choice XI are getting tired so it's up to Wilson to keep them going.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #126 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:54:05 »

We dominated no doubt but we should be beating teams like this in all honesty, Like saturday we had a lot of possesion, Lots of chances but lack of finishing.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:54:53 »

Still have a feeling it will go to the last day, why on earth give up now on automatic!? Who thought Millwall would have drew with Brentford a few weeks ago???

Hopefully neither them or Leeds win tomorrow, but i'm hopeful Huddersfield do us a favour on Friday.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:55:48 »

Unless Leeds and Millwall both lose tomorrow then it's play off's for us.

It was dissapointing not to win but in the circumstances it was good to get a point. We could not break them down and to be fair to them, they defended well. We cant seen to put in a performance in front of the cameras and not being able to come from behind is concerning espescially for the play-offs, where it could be essential. As soon as Ferry had that one cleared off the line then you knew it was going to be one of those nights!

Despite that, if Leeds and Millwall both lose tomorrow, then we are still in stricking distance of 2nd place as we would be level with Leeds and 1 behind Millwall.

Dissapointing draw but tomorrow is now very important for us.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:56:35 »

Sorry but that wasn't good enough in my opinion, Yet again we let ourselves down on tv.

what a load of bollocks, we have had 17 attempts on goal with more than half on target.

Their keeper & defence played well & they have scored with their only shot on target (albeit a very good finish).

If you think that was a poor performance you need to go back to supporting Man Ure.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #130 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:58:32 »

what a load of bollocks, we have had 17 attempts on goal with more than half on target.

Their keeper & defence played well & they have scored with their only shot on target (albeit a very good finish).

If you think that was a poor performance you need to go back to supporting Man Ure.

I never said it was a poor performance, We dominated but as i said it's no good if you don't take your chances.
NW6Red

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 20:59:26 »

Credit to Exeter too, lots of character and a bit of luck needed to keep the ball out like that.

Absolutely - they defended like their lives depended on it. Hope they stay up - at least they try to play football, which is more than you can say for the likes of Colchester.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:01:14 »

Good post langers.

My brother was molesting the croydon massive tonight apparently
flammableBen

« Reply #133 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:01:26 »

I never said it was a poor performance, We dominated but as i said it's no good if you don't take your chances.

You said we'd let ourselves down.

Fair enough though. Poor result, good performance. Think most people would in agreement with that.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, April 12, 2010, 21:02:44 »

Tisdale got his tactics spot on to be fair, but luck more than played it's part.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: