Poll
Question: who are you planning to vote for?
Conservative
Labour
Liberal Democrats
BNP
Green Party
UKIP
Other/not voting

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: general election called for 6th may  (Read 8195 times)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 11:50:15 »

If Hugh Grant was running for PM, I'd vote for his silly dance in front of the Thatcher picture......

Seriously though for a moment, my voting strategy is very dependant on my local situation. Tories currently hold the seat with a <3K majority, and a 4% swing to Lib Dem would unseat them. Labour are nowhere. I thought it was a safe Tory seat until I did some research a couple of months back and was quite surprised to find it isn't.

I had reason to contact all of my local propesctive parliamentary candidates a few weeks back regarding a campaign being run by Action for Children. Within 30 minutes, I had an e-mail and telephone call from the Lib Dem candidate signing the pledge to support the campaign and him telling me in simple terms what he would do as my MP to further support it. About 3 weeks later, I received a nice letter from my current MP criticising Labour's current policies, but giving no indication whatsoever as to what he would do (nor indicating that he'd signed the pledge). Would it surprise you to hear I haven't heard a peep from the Labour candidate? I thought not.......

I took the opportunity to quiz the Lib Dem candidate on a number of other issues important to me - taxation, public services, transport etc. - and I generally felt he took the time to listen, acknowledge the faults of current systems and services, and promised to look into them further. While I'm not stupid or gullible to think he'll solve all these issues at a national level if he gets elected, I was just appreciative of the interest he took in the campaign and the time to listen to my POV and concerns. In this case, the personal touch really did count.

So I'll be voting Lib Dem come 6th May.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:15:13 »

And those of you voting labour for "class war" reasons need to wake up a bit.
Does anyone actually vote Labour for "class war" reasons? Seriously? I think that's just why Tories think people vote Labour isn't it?

Oh, and your points overall would be a lot more effective if you didn't keep using the "Nu-Labour" thing which just makes me think of some sputum-filled hateharriden wacking themselves out over the comments section on the Daily Mail site. Which I'm quite sure isn't you, so please stop it, it's quite silly
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:26:13 »

And those of you voting labour for "class war" reasons need to wake up a bit.
God I fucking hate them.

Don't worry the feeling is mutual
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:29:07 »

OK, well perhaps there's one then Smiley
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:31:16 »

Wasn't PMQs shit? Bunch of wankers shouting over each other, even worse than usual.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:33:02 »

Wasn't PMQs shit? Bunch of wankers shouting over each other, even worse than usual.

Heaaaaagh,Heaaaaagh.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:43:33 »

Wasn't PMQs shit? Bunch of wankers shouting over each other
Well, better that than the other way round
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:48:19 »

Cheesy

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:49:26 »

The upside though, it was the last time (probably) that we'll see that useless, lying cunt of a Prime Minster standing at the dispatch box.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 12:52:59 »

I think that's called Jimmy Hill's Sunday Supplement.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 13:03:10 »

Does anyone actually vote Labour for "class war" reasons? Seriously? I think that's just why Tories think people vote Labour isn't it?

Oh, and your points overall would be a lot more effective if you didn't keep using the "Nu-Labour" thing which just makes me think of some sputum-filled hateharriden wacking themselves out over the comments section on the Daily Mail site. Which I'm quite sure isn't you, so please stop it, it's quite silly

A few people on this thread have mentioned that Nu-labour will look after the poor, tories only interested in the rich. you tell me why people vote Nu-labour. As I said in a lengthy rant I dont have a fucking clue why anyone would bother.

I'll continue to call nu-labour what I like thanks. What that has to do with the daily mail I've no idea. I'd never read that shocking excuse for a newspaper.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2010, 13:04:06 »

Girl Giggle
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: