Poll
Question: who are you planning to vote for?
Conservative
Labour
Liberal Democrats
BNP
Green Party
UKIP
Other/not voting

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: general election called for 6th may  (Read 8194 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:03:26 »

only a month to go until the election, do you know how you'll be voting?

i still have no idea how i'll vote and probably won't until i get to the polling station.

a concise and quite useful website, offering an overview of each party's policies on your four chosen topics can be found at http://voteforpolicies.org.uk

obviously it's flawed but it's interesting nevertheless.

does your result reflect how you were planning on voting? mine was overwhelmingly labour and my previous feelings had been (and still are) anyone-but-conservative.

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:04:18 »

I haven't a fucking clue tbh. They're all a bit shit really.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:11:45 »

<pedantry>Not yet it's not, he's only just arrived at the Palace</pedantry>

Still suffering from those premature election problems, sonic?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:16:17 »

Anyone but fucking Labour

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:17:26 »

I have no idea.  Couldn't vote for Labour after their (in my view) mishandling of the economy.  Tories feel far too lightweight as an alternative.  (What is George Osborne for, exactly?  Has there ever been a less inspiring candidate for high office?)  Lib Dems...they've had my vote before, but I'm not really sure what they stand for these days.  I think I will need to read their manifesto properly when it comes out.

None of which matters, of course.  My constituency will only ever return one candidate to Westminster, and that's the one wearing the blue rosette.  My vote is, therefore, worthless under a first past the post voting system.  I will vote, I am sure, because I see it as a civic duty.  But it won't change a thing.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:21:18 »

PS  I can't wait to hear Talk Talk's take on all this.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:25:59 »

<pedantry>Not yet it's not, he's only just arrived at the Palace</pedantry>

Still suffering from those premature election problems, sonic?
what's he going to do at the palace? spend a few hours hiding in the gardens, take a dump in the queen's rose bush (not a euphemism) and then appear in front of the gathered media and announce that it was all an april fool?

now cut out the pedantry or i'll pedal your head
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:28:58 »

PS  I can't wait to hear Talk Talk's take on all this.
<Denim>I'm going to take a big poo in the ballot box as a protest, that'll bring the system crashing down ... open your eyes people ... robber barons, corruption, theft, seethe, fume ... LibLabCon ... only I can see the real truth ... radical market forces .... 9/11 ... JFK ... Titanic ... boggle-eyed US blogs written by men with foil hats speak the truth ... Fox News .... Daniel Hannan</Denim>

There you go
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:30:04 »

what's he going to do at the palace? spend a few hours hiding in the gardens, take a dump in the queen's rose bush (not a euphemism) and then appear in front of the gathered media and announce that it was all an april fool?
Ask the Queen to dissolve parliament and call a general election. I'd be surprised if he engaged in any novel fertiliser spreading while he was there
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:48:09 »

I'm not going to vote and will blame the current politicians for disenfranchising the youth first time voters

Cool

Things get better but they never get good
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:50:21 »

Anyone but fucking Labour

Totally agree. Personally I'm voting conservative.

I fail to see how anyone can consider voting Labour after the last 13 years other than habit. Thy've failed, and failed badly.  

If you hate the tories, vote lib dem / green / ukip / whatever.  We really really need a change of government.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:52:04 by Colin Todd » Logged
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 09:52:37 »

I'd rather have Cameron than Brown as PM, but that's like saying I prefer to be hit by a car at 20mph instead of 25mph.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 10:14:20 »

Bored of hearing about it already
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 10:14:58 »

I wont be voting. A waste, I know. But they're all robbing bastards that make false promises.

I'd vote Labour at a push, but only if Brown fucked off.

I wont touch Conservatives if they do plan to cut family benefits (Working Families Tax Credit etc). That would impact my life, so they can get knotted.

Talk Talk

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 6, 2010, 10:25:08 »

<Denim>I'm going to take a big poo in the ballot box as a protest, that'll bring the system crashing down ... open your eyes people ... robber barons, corruption, theft, seethe, fume ... LibLabCon ... only I can see the real truth ... radical market forces .... 9/11 ... JFK ... Titanic ... boggle-eyed US blogs written by men with foil hats speak the truth ... Fox News .... Daniel Hannan</Denim>

There you go

Meh.

I have just switched off from politics for a month. Yeah, I will spoil my ballot paper but apart from that I am just going to ignore the whole charade and keep my sweet little gob shut. Oh and I am taking the fuses out of all of the tellies in the house.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: