Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Books Books Booksy Books  (Read 59694 times)
Richie Wellen-Dowd

+5/-3

Straight Outta Compton Bassett

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 06:53:32 »

This year Ive read a few things.  Haruki Murakamis latest 'Killing Commendatore', Johnathon Coe's 'Middle England', Max Porters 2 books 'Grief is a feathered thing' and 'Lanny' (Weird but excellent), Chuck Pahlaniuks 'Adjustment Day',  Kate Tempests collection of poetry and Brian Bilstons poetry as well.

Next up is Brian Bilstons novel, 'Diary of a somebody'.

How was the Murakami one? I've read a few of his and nothing has really come close to The Wind-up Bird Chronicle.

No one knows what it's like,
To be a dustbin,
In Shaftesbury,
With hooligans.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

+16/-93

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 11:32:56 »

I'm going through a spell of reading books that I probably should've read a long time ago but never did. Recently finished Jurassic Park (very different from the film) and currently part-way through Dune.
Batch
Thingie

+147/-54

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 11:47:51 »

I just read 1984 for the first time.

quite enjoyed it. didn't end as I thought. which is also good.

its great to be able to think about the imagination it took from when it was written. must have been even better to read it at that time though
Saxondale

+39/-6

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Wednesday, June 5, 2019, 12:21:37 »

How was the Murakami one? I've read a few of his and nothing has really come close to The Wind-up Bird Chronicle.

Enjoyed the Murakami.  Ive read an awful lot of it and always enjoy them whilst I read them but find myself slightly bemused about what it was all about in the end.  Rewarding nonetheless.

Never knowingly overstated.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: