Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going alone  (Read 14420 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 22:46:57 »

if you lot keep going alone, you'll end up like that loon in the arkells who commentates to himself.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 22:48:21 »

if you lot keep going alone, you'll end up like that loon in the arkells who commentates to himself.
And it makes you go blind and hairs grow on the palms of your hands

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 22:49:45 »

bloody worrying is that.
Doore

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 22:51:05 »

Without trying to sound like a twat, this all depends on the relationship you have with the club.  Despite being a season ticket holder for fifteen years and a regular at away games, I was never one of what might be called "the lads".  I always went with my Dad for home games, and in my most regular spell of away games I went with him and a couple of mates.  I have also often gone to away games on my own.  What I think I'm saying is that my relationship with the club was never based on the "tribal" atmosphere, it was something more personal to me, my old man and a couple of close friends.  As a result, this probably makes it easier to go on my own - in fact, I've never felt comfortable on the odd occasion I've gone along to an away game in a big group.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 22:53:56 »

I mainly go to watch football to be honest. There tends to be a game on whether I turn on on me todd or mob-handed
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 23:09:35 »

What I think I'm saying is that my relationship with the club was never based on the "tribal" atmosphere, it was something more personal to me, my old man and a couple of close friends.  As a result, this probably makes it easier to go on my own - in fact, I've never felt comfortable on the odd occasion I've gone along to an away game in a big group.

Exactly the same for me. I tried the Town End tribal thing once or twice 20 years ago and hated it.

Getting pissed up before and after a game doesn't do it for me either. I'm actually looking forward to the Leeds game, on the coach on my own with a book and film or two to keep me busy while I eat my packed lunch. I'll probably have to sleep on the way home though as the rest of you fuckers making me stand at the game for 90 minutes will take it out of me.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 23:46:20 »

A. Get a life.

B. Get some mates.

That is all.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 00:19:47 »

A. Get a life.

B. Get some mates.

That is all.

Legendary banter  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Doore

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 06:44:35 »

Legendary banter  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Lighten up a bit eh.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 07:05:02 »

Getting pissed up before and after a game doesn't do it for me either. I'm actually looking forward to the Leeds game, on the coach on my own with a book and film or two to keep me busy while I eat my packed lunch. I'll probably have to sleep on the way home though as the rest of you fuckers making me stand at the game for 90 minutes will take it out of me.

So the 72 in your username is your age then?

Hope you have fun on the sunshine bus whilst I get pissed up then stand in front of you all game Smiley
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 08:01:09 »

I've never felt the need to get pissed while attending a sporting event. Possibly due to the fact that a group of us had to travel into Swindon for home games which meant that the driver couldn't drink anyway. Could never see the attraction of spending time trekking to and from the bogs and in some cases not being able to remember things clearly. Why pay for a ticket then miss parts of the game ?

I'm not averse to a pint before away games, and my attendance pattern was going with my Dad as a nipper, then with a bunch of mates from the same town (now down to one). Never got the 'tribal' thing either.

(I'm in my 'late forties' BTW, and I sit in the Arkell's, but you'll have deduced that, I'm sure)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 10:20:27 »

I've never felt the need to get pissed while attending a sporting event. Possibly due to the fact that a group of us had to travel into Swindon for home games which meant that the driver couldn't drink anyway. Could never see the attraction of spending time trekking to and from the bogs and in some cases not being able to remember things clearly. Why pay for a ticket then miss parts of the game ?

I'm not averse to a pint before away games, and my attendance pattern was going with my Dad as a nipper, then with a bunch of mates from the same town (now down to one). Never got the 'tribal' thing either.

(I'm in my 'late forties' BTW, and I sit in the Arkell's, but you'll have deduced that, I'm sure)

I was in bits when we played away at Middlesbrough.  I'd forgotten my glasses (before I got contacts), so the far side was a blur anyway.  Met Digby, Cuervo and one other (maybe Watson) at half time and told them how we all hate McMahon and how whenever there is an argument between a player and McMahon we always side with the player.  Cuervo grabbed my hand shook it firmly, with a smile.  We also lost 6-0 that night.  Sometimes being pissed at matches works.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
RedOx

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 16:37:33 »

Without trying to sound like a twat, this all depends on the relationship you have with the club.  Despite being a season ticket holder for fifteen years and a regular at away games, I was never one of what might be called "the lads".  I always went with my Dad for home games, and in my most regular spell of away games I went with him and a couple of mates.  I have also often gone to away games on my own.  What I think I'm saying is that my relationship with the club was never based on the "tribal" atmosphere, it was something more personal to me, my old man and a couple of close friends.  As a result, this probably makes it easier to go on my own - in fact, I've never felt comfortable on the odd occasion I've gone along to an away game in a big group.

Used to go with a few mates (think they only went cos I kept nagging them!) to a few games about 20 years ago, but have been going by myself since then.

Used to go on the supporter's coaches, which were ok as long as you got a seat by yourself, and they actually got you there early for a few beers. Thing with the people on there was that they were all straight members so used to get in all the home pubs!

Been to Norwich, Brentford, Orient, Fulham away this season on the choo choo.

Hopefully Leeds will be a good (long) day out.  Yes 
Bloody Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 17:44:55 »

I went to Rovers last season alone, Ben Joyce and Corr started up-front, I'm not sure I ever worked out where Paynter was playing, they equalised in the last minute, I'd parked somewhere shit and it took me ages to get away, it was ace..
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, March 31, 2010, 19:40:52 »

I can always shut you in the boot for Leeds!!!

As long as it's full of beer  Wink

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: