Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going alone  (Read 14533 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:07:52 »

I really don't have a choice but to go alone as I live away from Swindon. Angry
did I read onceyou are from Milton under wychwood? There's three town fans from chipping norton on this forum alone
Jean-Francois is God

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:22:45 »

The only time I have been to football on my own this season was to Southend, I actually enjoyed the drive down there and being to able to do my own thing.  Also gave me the chance to listen to a couple of new albums on the way down there.  When at Roots Hall I met up with a chap who I know through playing cricket.

I was considering going to Colchester on the SAS and would have booked my space on the coach however I wont be going now as I will be in Belgium for the weekend.

I always did enjoy the trips on the SAS, tip for the driver and watching "Face-Off" going down to Bournemouth are a couple of highlights.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:30:58 »

I was on that coach that day as well, sat right at the front.

I doubt you will remember, but we turned a corner and the video tape of the jungle book fell out the top and landed right on my left knee, which hasnt been the same since!!

Almost a true story that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:37:07 »

I enjoy going to away games on me Colin.

My dad till recently used to live just outside Chester so I would visit him and take in a northern game too driving from there on my own, often meeting mates but not always as a lot of games were midweek so were attended to by only a handful of fans.

It alright but then I am a Billy at the best of times! I enjoy my own company and I can play my own music as loud as I want with no complaints!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:40:34 »

Except for the first few years, football has always been a social thing for me - so I've not been on my own for years.  When I was a teenager, I used to enjoy the walk from home in West Swindon to the ground for evening games...but that's about the last time I can remember going on my own.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:46:22 »

I was on that coach that day as well, sat right at the front.

I doubt you will remember, but we turned a corner and the video tape of the jungle book fell out the top and landed right on my left knee, which hasnt been the same since!!

Almost a true story that.

You're the king of the swingers; a jungle VIP...
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 09:54:54 »

A mixture for me really, though I tend to do more away games on my own and in some ways I prefer it - you can do what you like. I've never traveled on the supporters coach, usually it's the train.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 10:37:59 »

A mixture for me really, though I tend to do more away games on my own and in some ways I prefer it - you can do what you like. I've never traveled on the supporters coach, usually it's the train.

I can always shut you in the boot for Leeds!!!

Clems Army!
One F In Fitton

« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 15:27:20 »

While the social side is important, the whole thing is about STFC for me so if none of my mates can make it then I'm more than happy to go on my own.

There was always 4 of us until a few years ago, then 3, now it's usually just me doing the 50-mile round trip for home games. Combination of being fed up with the state of the club/team, wanting to go to Prem games, kids, being priced out, doing other things (fishing, going to the races) - it's become apparent in recent years that I'm the only die-hard out of my lot.

It's not quite as enjoyable on my own but there's still nothing else I'd rather be doing. I'll also go to around 15 away games a season, though not this one because money's too tight to mention. Like others have said, I enjoy my own company and I can play my music as loud as I want, stop when/where I want, leave when I want, Talk Sport & 5 Live, I enjoy driving & spreading my wings after being stuck in the Mon-Fri routine.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 17:56:27 »

From the age of 14 up until last season I had a season ticket and went to loads of away games (as well as Newcastle matches) on my own. I never used to mind it and liked meeting new people in the away ends. But I have not been to a home match this season as - although it sounds sad- I got very lonely and did not feel like travelling very far on my own without any company

It is completely strange as for years I had a season ticket and use to go to 75% of away games

I come from a land down-under
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 18:00:12 »

I hear a million tiny violins start to play  Harp (no violin smileys so a harp had to do  Cheesy)

« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 18:04:19 by Luci » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 18:09:00 »

I'm sure there's a 'footie singles' marketing idea hidden away in here somewhere...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 18:26:51 »

I hear a million tiny violins start to play  Harp (no violin smileys so a harp had to do  Cheesy)

Teehee
Doore

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 22:05:35 »

I've been to loads of away games on my own - its the same as going with people.  Great if we win, pretty good if we draw, and shit if we lose.  I'm not there to be fucking sociable.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 22:44:32 »

While the social side is important, the whole thing is about STFC for me so if none of my mates can make it then I'm more than happy to go on my own.

There was always 4 of us until a few years ago, then 3, now it's usually just me doing the 50-mile round trip for home games. Combination of being fed up with the state of the club/team, wanting to go to Prem games, kids, being priced out, doing other things (fishing, going to the races) - it's become apparent in recent years that I'm the only die-hard out of my lot.

It's not quite as enjoyable on my own but there's still nothing else I'd rather be doing. I'll also go to around 15 away games a season, though not this one because money's too tight to mention. Like others have said, I enjoy my own company and I can play my music as loud as I want, stop when/where I want, leave when I want, Talk Sport & 5 Live, I enjoy driving & spreading my wings after being stuck in the Mon-Fri routine.
This is me, pretty much. While I like the guys I sit with at home and generally try to meet up with people at away games, I'd rather travel there on my own (or just me and my lad) for all the reasons mentioned above.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: