Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Going alone  (Read 14531 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 18:20:42 »

I go to football matches alone quite often. In many ways I prefer it.
DMR

« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 18:22:25 »

I went to one game on my tod, Barnsley away a few years ago, after breaking my foot, it was shit beyond belief and I swore never again.

ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 18:39:26 »

Went to Orient this season on the supporters coach, on my own. Wasn't too bad (though I was sat next to a grumpy fatty). Kept drifting off only for Iris to come round for one reason or another and wake me up. "Scratch card?", "driver's tip", etc etc. I met up with various people there though.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 18:45:45 »

I go to home games alone sometimes,I quite like watching the game on my own because I can ignore stuff like "sing up for the lads" and stand around scowling at people.Ive gone away on my own a few times but I generally bump into someone I know at some point.

/
W56196272
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 18:52:45 »

I always seem to end up coming home from away games in London on my own,usually pissed up and dead brave.I can either be found winding up other clubs fans in the Buffet Car or trying to rubbishly chat up some poor poor woman in First Class Cheesy

/
W56196272
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 19:59:32 »

I drove to Southampton on my own this season, still bumped into someone I knew when I got to the ground. I don't think it's something I would do too often but I think the result made it a good night out.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 20:11:07 »

I go on my own as I have no mates.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 21:30:40 »

I always seem to end up coming home from away games in London on my own,usually pissed up and dead brave.I can either be found winding up other clubs fans in the Buffet Car or trying to rubbishly chat up some poor poor woman in First Class Cheesy

I have done that for a few times and if you're doing it in style, it can only be the last train out of Paddington at around 11.30. Fell asleep on that once after a QPR game and ended up in Chippenham. Quite often go away on my own but you usually meet some in the pub or ground that you know
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 21:35:40 »

Going to a game on your tod would be awful, surely??? Especially away? But i guess it's a case of whatever floats your boat. I have an ST next to two mates, so all's gravy  Cool

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 23:12:58 »

alright Romeo, its not 1998 any more so "its all gravy" shouldn't really be aired.

I used to drive all over the country to away matches when I had a reliable motor a couple of years back. Nothing like a nice drive to Bury/Torquay/Yeovil. Its not a hassle if you enjoy the driving
« Last Edit: Monday, March 29, 2010, 23:14:29 by oxford_fan » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, March 29, 2010, 23:22:55 »

i'm surprised how many go-have gone alone to games.i'd hate it to be honest.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 07:26:14 »

alright Romeo, its not 1998 any more so "its all gravy" shouldn't really be aired.

I used to drive all over the country to away matches when I had a reliable motor a couple of years back. Nothing like a nice drive to Bury/Torquay/Yeovil. Its not a hassle if you enjoy the driving

Don't you want Tamworth, Luton, and the Cloak and Dagger FC?
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 07:37:29 »

I've driven to a few away days on my own, last season went to Aldershot and Hereford on me jack, but met up with people there.

The last game I can remember watching on my own was the Play-off final V Leicester. I'd just moved away from Swindon and bought my ticket on my own. Didn't matter though, as everyone around me was as excited as I was!

It's All Good..............
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 08:13:45 »

I've been on my own for most of the last 2 seasons as mates have decided they can't be doing with paying money to watch football when they can watch Premier League on the telly in the pub and drink beer at the same time. Have a season ticket on half way in the South Stand but never sit in my seat. Usually go and sit towards the Townend as it's not as far to walk. Usually fine to find a seat unless we play Norwich or Leeds and I have to sit on the concrete ledge at the back of the stand and look grumpy.

Never been away on my own though (only do 3 or 4 a season). Mates seem to be perfectly happy to pay the £100+ for an away game.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 08:45:06 »

I really don't have a choice but to go alone as I live away from Swindon. Angry

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: