Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52376 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:47:32 »

1-1

Woo, how many Oevils do I win?

Fucking ace game, don't think i've celebrated a goal that much all season, it felt like a winner.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:48:58 »

I'd also like to say that Wilson got the subs spot. We often hear he doesn't take enough of a chance, well he did today. So well done.

Took a lot of bottle to sub off Austin but Norwich were focussed on the big boy Pericard and that left us with the space to push them. Probably why they lost their marking for the corner too.

I wasn't there Si but Marshall for Noube seemed a bit weird-what's your take?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:49:11 »

Some of the Leeds fans are now saying they should recall Sheehan to "hinder us a bit"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

What are they going to do about the other 10 players!?

http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=177602
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:49:50 »

Some of the Leeds fans are now saying they should recall Sheehan to "hinder us a bit"  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Watch Millwall beat them on Monday night and laugh. I know I will.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:54:53 »

That is hilarious-"good league 1 player but not good enough for Leeds"-where the fuck are you then?Tossers!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:55:24 »

I wasn't there Si but Marshall for Noube seemed a bit weird-what's your take?

Wilson switched up to be more attacking and really go for it which worked. Nouble was causing problems but was holding on to the ball a fraction too long.

Ward went up top for a bit, then Marshall came inside and Ward out wide. Marshall looked willing to run at them, something we weren't getting or achieving from the other players. I think Marshall and Pericard were causing so much problems in the middle it allowed us to exploit the wings a bit more, then when Norwich pressed those areas it opened up space in the middle again.

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 17:56:34 »

great result.greer is a fucking collossus!!!! the best skipper and centre back since shaun taylor.
jfl was superb too.

thought some of ours had shockers including the manager, but a draw against norwich is a good point.
we are going up!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:00:22 »

Well pleased with that. Can't wait for Hartlepool next week now.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:00:56 »

thought some of ours had shockers including the manager, but a draw against norwich is a good point.
we are going up!

Didn't really get the tactics we started out with but I was more than happy with Danny's changes.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:02:08 »

Don't care what happened before, all worth if it for Greers goal. Fucking brilliant.

Bizarre decision to take off Nouble for Marshall, and Wilson was getting a fair amount of stick for taking off Austin.

It's not saying much, but I thought Pericard put in the best shift he has done so far for us. And Marshall looks a new player.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:03:01 »

Odd game but decent performance.

For starters I dont think we should have matched them midfield with a diamond. We play well down the wings but we went too narrow. Ward behind the strikers, he didnt do bad there but would have perfered him running at their full back.

Felt, for the first time this season we'd set up with the opposition in mind maybe we should have played our usual game. I thought we looked alot better towards the end when we actually got Marshall and Ward out wide.

Subs were good, Pericard played a simple game. Back to goal, control the ball, pass it off. Nouble was doing much too much with it. Marshall added a bit of directness and Timlin just played simple passes.

Ref, rubbish - we could have had about 3 penalties in that game. The one on Ward by Doherty was as clear cut as you are likely to see. He just stuck his leg out and pushed Ward backwards over it. There was also the one where Nelson had Pericard in a bear hug and the one where Marshall went through, although none kicked up much of a fuss about that one.

Norwich surprised me, wasnt expecting them to be a dirty rough housing team.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:04:32 »

I didn't expect Holt to be such a porker!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:07:01 »

I think Nouble will turn out to be a very decent player for us, considering some of the things I had heard about him when he signed, which weren't great.

Very strong and quick, did a bit too much at times but he will scare sides and is a very good option to have.

For the first time this season I'm happy with the striking options we have.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:07:15 »

I didn't expect Holt to be such a porker!

He seemingly was wearing the Razor Ruddock size shorts !!!

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 18:11:59 »

Ref = cunt. I have no voice left from shouting at him.

Doherty is a proper cunt of a defender but the ref did fuck all about it. Did the ref leave his cards at home?!

I thought it was a brilliant gritty performance and the draw was well deserved.

Onwards and upwards.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: