Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Charlie in the observer today  (Read 9614 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 13:34:29 »

Page on Charlie Austin today in the observer.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/mar/07/charlie-austin-swindon-town-bricklayer

Never knowingly overstated.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 13:39:38 »

Enjoyed thay..lets hope he gets back on track this tuesday.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 13:52:27 »

Superb. Not just a great player but a genuinely nice lad. Has a real humility about him too, despite the obvious self-confidence he needs on the pitch.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 14:05:54 »

enjoyed that article, he really seems thankful for the oportunity STFC has given him, good lad.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 14:14:53 »

I think this is the real Charlie Austin rather than the scurrilous rumours that the mongs on thisis..... are putting about Charlie, his girlfriend and his future. Charlie's contribution has been immense this season and even he does have a bit of dip it' not a suprise given the number of games and change to being a pro. Think we may see more from Charlie next season with a proper pre season training behin him.

Onwards and upwards Charlie
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 14:21:03 »

A really pleasant read,he seems a level headed guy that's down to earth and values what gift he's been given in life.I really hope his head dont get turned by agent's etc in the future like certain other players have in the past.

penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 16:00:28 »

I think this is the real Charlie Austin rather than the scurrilous rumours that the mongs on thisis..... are putting about Charlie, his girlfriend and his future.

What has been written over there?

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 16:11:29 »

Nothing worth repeating here. Just rumours and more rumours from people who so desperately want them to be true so as they can look big and clever regardless of how it affects Charlie or the club they claim to love so much.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 16:13:41 »

Don't ever look over there, so i'm none the wiser

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 16:16:44 »

Even if you did you'd be none the wiser about STFC but a whole lot wiser about a section of our fans.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 16:19:18 »

Yeah have heard they are a bunch of dribbling twats

adje

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 17:41:25 »

Fucking hell I didnt think the Observer knew that football existed outside the top 2 divisions

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 18:08:48 »

found out the other day that I have finally have a claim to fame, that I marked charlie austin when he played for kintbury reserves in a cup final about 5-6 years ago....we lost 5-0....had him in me pocket though  ;-) as he only scored one....a penalty....maybe we should sign their other striker as I'm sure he bagged the other 4 and was only a couple of years older!
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 19:26:37 »

These internet rumours are pure rubbish. Why are our own fans trying to wreck the relationship between a player who could well be our talisman for years to come?

He offered to come and pick up a couple of the lads from the pub and give them a lift back to Hungerford yesterday. Hope that shows that he isnt arrogant and he hasnt forgotten.

One thing the lads did say was that Charlies mobile phone now never ever stops ringing. Its little things like that which must be hard to deal with that fans dont think about? Something that players wouldnt have had to deal with 15 years ago.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 19:48:10 »

These internet rumours are pure rubbish. Why are our own fans trying to wreck the relationship between a player who could well be our talisman for years to come?

He offered to come and pick up a couple of the lads from the pub and give them a lift back to Hungerford yesterday. Hope that shows that he isnt arrogant and he hasnt forgotten.

One thing the lads did say was that Charlies mobile phone now never ever stops ringing. Its little things like that which must be hard to deal with that fans dont think about? Something that players wouldnt have had to deal with 15 years ago.

Charlie seems like a great pro and long may it continue.

Nothing surprises me with some of our fans though. A lot of the posters on Thisis are 15 year old retards.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: