Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leeds Mascot  (Read 64535 times)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 19:10:23 »

Any more £££ received yet?!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 22:03:05 »

So far I've collected £105 from; me, adje, ginginho, the flash, zurich red, whits, magicroundabout, sonicyouth, bob's orange, thedarkprince, luci.

I was going to drop the money off on Saturday before the game, what am I supposed to do with it and how (cash, cheque to the club, cheque to the charity), will Marie be there? I'm planning on going to the Leeds game as well if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 22:05:20 by jonny72 » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #227 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 23:29:44 »

I reckon you drop the cheque off at reception, cos that's what Mex said
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 23:35:39 »

So far I've collected £105 from; me, adje, ginginho, the flash, zurich red, whits, magicroundabout, sonicyouth, bob's orange, thedarkprince, luci.

I was going to drop the money off on Saturday before the game, what am I supposed to do with it and how (cash, cheque to the club, cheque to the charity), will Marie be there? I'm planning on going to the Leeds game as well if that makes a difference.
jonny, someone posted this from Marie earlier in the thread:
That sounds fine as long as you are happy to do that. Can I suggest that you make the cheque payable to Swindon Town Football Company Ltd, as I can give this to the finance dept, they can give me the cash. I will then add this to the rest of the donations.

Many thanks
Marie
So I guess cheque c/o Marie payable as above. We've got enough handed in already now to cover the cost of the shirt so if everyone else just hands in cash/cheque to Marie on Saturday, then we can get her to tot up the extra, get the Leeds chaps to tell us which charity they want the extra donated to and either get a cheque done or a Venables style "cash in a brown envelope" handover on the day. But at least if it's all in with Marie then we've got one central point where we know all the money's been handed in, rather than having bits and bats all over the shop. And, hey, good work on the money laundering, sir!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 23:37:20 »

Surely if you pay it directly to the charity rather than stfc, you could nab Giftaid on it as well? Does the young lad have a justgiving page for his charity or anything like that?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 23:44:32 »

Surely if you pay it directly to the charity rather than stfc, you could nab Giftaid on it as well? Does the young lad have a justgiving page for his charity or anything like that?
Oh, good shout. Can we not get gift-aid if Marie gets the cheques cashed and then slings it all in in one lump as a donation from her? Mex, you're in touch with the Leeds lot, any idea about a justgiving page etc?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 23:49:13 »

Giftaid can only be claimed on personal donations i.e. each individual would need to do it seperately.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 00:57:21 »

Giftaid can only be claimed on personal donations i.e. each individual would need to do it seperately.
Yeeeessss, but if Marie cashed the cheques etc, then gave the whole donation in, surely she can claim GiftAid on the whole amount as there is one donation made by one person
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 07:42:36 »

lets see after the norwich game how much we have.....
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 08:00:43 »

Yeeeessss, but if Marie cashed the cheques etc, then gave the whole donation in, surely she can claim GiftAid on the whole amount as there is one donation made by one person

Yes, but essentially she will have to lie and pretend it is a personal donation from her, which the taxman won't be very happy about if he finds out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 09:20:22 »

Yes, but essentially she will have to lie and pretend it is a personal donation from her, which the taxman won't be very happy about if he finds out.
Fair point. On reflection, I'm a bit worried we're perhaps overcomplicating this a bit. But maybe it's just too complicated for me Smiley
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 11:46:24 »

I handed over my dosh this morning after attending a boring Marketing conference at the CG!  Handing over the money was the most exciting part!

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 23:40:46 »

So what am I supposed to be doing with the money I've got?

Holding on to it until after the Norwich game at which point I will receive further instructions?

On a related note I think we should all be proud of ourselves for making a simple charity collection so fucking complicated.

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Friday, March 19, 2010, 23:46:04 »

put it in an envelope c/o marie saunders and hand it into reception.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 01:01:46 »

What arriba said. Hand it in to Marie before the game tomorrow - she and KoT will sort it from there.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: