Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Leyton Orient -v- Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 31593 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #240 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 17:09:29 »

Must be the first 0-0 for a while
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 17:09:54 »

Must be the first 0-0 for a while

Since the 2nd game of the season against the Franchise.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 17:19:00 »

The facebook page is ace. I'm going to go on there every game.

Why did he change the name from hugh mcgovern
Do you have to be signed up as a friend to see the messages or am I just being thick? I don't really get social networking sites, I have to confess
flammableBen

« Reply #243 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 17:19:48 »

yeah I think so.
flammableBen

« Reply #244 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 17:27:24 »

I think I'm going for a record of Radio Swindon call outs.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 17:55:50 »

Loving the Leeds guy baiting. I bet u support a prem team.

*beats head against desk*

I hate it when people say that to me. "Who do you support?" "Swindon" "Yeah, but what Prem team" and then just look confused when I say I don't have one.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:05:24 »

Bejesus, what have I started?!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:10:06 »

To be fair, nobody's started spellchecking him yet which is the usual TEF way to wind somebody up.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:33:46 »

Sub standard performance on a poor surface. Really missed manks as cuthbert and morrison didn't look comfortable. Orient the more threatening and lucas and morrison goal line clearance kept us in it. Point won rather than points lost

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:35:17 »

What a dull game. Nothing happened for most of it, although it livened up towards the end. The flare was very random but got the crowd going and the atmosphere was suddenly a lot better. Also, I still haven't worked out how the ref managed to avoid giving a penalty. Blatant would be an understatement.

Morrison and Greer were ok at the back together defensively, although I'd much rather seen Manky back in ASAP. We just didn't seem quite as solid, and Morrison did give the ball away far too often. A bit Ifil-esque really. Our main problem today however was that we weren't creative enough. We didn't put a single good ball into the box until the last 5 minutes, and then all of a sudden both teams seemed to be going all out for the win. Shame the ref denied us the chance from the spot, although it would have been harsh on Orient as a draw was probably a fair result.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:37:28 »

Just got back, we were lucky to get away with a point today, so it was a good result.

First half we failed to create anything apart from a half chance from a Paynter header, and Orient really should of been in the lead at the break, with Lucas making some good saves.

Cuthbert was adequate cover at RB but we really missed Manky today.

Second Half was a little better, we created a bit more but our final product was still poor, Paynter had a long range effort well saved by their keeper. Morrison cleared what looked like a goal bound effort from under his own crossbar. We had a stonewall penalty turned down in the last min, what the ref saw i dont know, but a draw was a decent result for us in the end.

The pitch was absolutley rubbish, sand in a few places and most of it bobbly. I'm fairly sure we sold out our away end today, it looked full. The atmosphere was brilliant and it was a pleasant surprise for us to be creating so much noise.

With flare incindent, the twat lit it and then threw it towards the front of the stand by the exit, it then started burning and the game stopped for a minute while stewards and the fire staff put it out. The twat was then ejected rightfully and hopefully shot. It is utter lunacy to throw a lighted flare in a wooden stand! What was he thinking!

Overall, it was a good point and the unbeaten run continues!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:38:48 »

Whoever threw the flare into a wooden stand deserves a punch. No problem with flares, but not in wood stands. Seen the bradford video too many times on fire safety training courses.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:46:50 »

Orient really should of been in the lead at the break, with Lucas making some good saves.
Not really, he made one simple diving save, and closed the angle down well for another. He did a good job on those two but they didn't threaten us much in the first half, despite us bing a bit lost at sea.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:48:47 »

I thought we really struggled to create chances today, which could partly be down to the dodgey pitch but also i think it shows that manky is a big influence for us going forward.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, February 27, 2010, 18:50:56 »

It raises a question about quantification of support. Do people have a fixed amount of football team support they can give, does that mean that if you support two teams then your support is split, and you can't support either as much as if you only supported one.

How about we swap football teams for children. If you've got more than one child, is it possible to love them each as much as if you only had one. Most parents would claim it is. But is that really true or just an idea that has become an ingrained social construct.

The idea of child worship is a fairly modern one. If you went back in time a couple of hundred years and asked Lord Bobblesworth of Bobbington, he'd have no problem with rating his children in order of preference. Biologically, Lord Bobblesworth isn't any different from you or me, so that idea of equal love for children obviously isn't built in, but does that make it any less important?...

Oh Ben, I think I love you a little bit.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: