Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: TOWN'S GREATEST XI: Who is your pick on the right-wing?  (Read 5086 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 18:52:24 »

Bambi returned a few times with different clubs, and he always would make his way to the Shrivenham Road, to do his ludicrous stretching warm up exercises, so he'd get a chant of Bambi...he fucking loved it.
He was and always will be my favourite Town player of all time.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 21:58:56 »

If only La Bamba hadn't heard that whistle in the crowd when clean through at Luton and nonchantly hit it back to the keeper thinking he was offside in the 1988 Simod Cup Semi and we might have had another Wembley final.

A deceptively good player and when playing out wide would deceive full backs into giving away penalties, could you imagine the pens he would win in the modern game. Wasn't very good at taking them, they usually ended up in Stratton Bank!

Remember an interview with him when we played Blackpool and when he retired he went into property development and recalled that everytime he was near Swindon on business he would have a diversion via the Magic Roundabout to see the County Ground.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 22:14:09 »

Agree with all the Bamber comments, more penalties than a traffic warden.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: