Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 25368 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 00:56:17 »

I don't know why anyone would praise Greer for his performance today as he was fucking shit. His distribution was terrible and he kept giving away free kicks, one of which led to their first goal. It was as if he'd forgotten how to win a header legally.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 01:10:46 »

I think fucking shit is a step too far!  He gave away a few free kicks, and his long balls weren't upto his usual standards but the conditoin were a tad rough!

I guess you weren't watching last season before Greer turned up.  His performance today was still 10 times better than anything we saw last season up until the end of January.

Very harsh asessment of his performance, and a good example of some of the critisism handed out at the CG on a match day.  Does make me wonder some times.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 01:22:14 »

Sheehan was class today, he switched well with Lescinal and most importantly looked very confident on the ball, he never panicked once in possesion always played a decent pass and has a fantastic cross on him. Plus what a free kick! great corners too.
eastoe

« Reply #198 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 09:33:45 »

I don't know why anyone would praise Greer for his performance today as he was fucking shit. His distribution was terrible and he kept giving away free kicks, one of which led to their first goal. It was as if he'd forgotten how to win a header legally.
Doh Do you write on the Adver site?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 09:35:20 »

i disagree quite a lot with that. i think he had the beating of scowcroft in the air so instead of jumping or elbowing kev he just leaned forwards before even being touched...which somehow is a foul.

i thought douglas and ferry were superb...in short there was no one i thought worthy of slagging off, apart from a few of sheehans decisions. he sat on top of LJF a bit too much in the first half but that was the only outfield negative.

austins touch is superb, if the ball goes up to him you know he's got it under control. i did enjoy how paynter was able to come short and take the ball a lot today, although we were playing against a team who wanted to counter attack we did look good and when we remembered being patient meant chances we were even better.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #200 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 09:45:33 »

I think yesterday was the most direct I have ever seen Paynter play.

The difference between us and Orient were the strikers. Quite a contrast to several weeks ago when we stuggled for goals.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 09:49:13 »

paynter was given time to come short and collect the ball from our full backs quite a lot. it was strange as they apparently played with a holding midfielder who must have been awol most of the game as it defintely didn't stop that move.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:06:33 »

Really enjoyed yesterday,I know the usual get's the mention austin,cuthbert but i thought jpm was outstanding yesterday,what a player he's been this season it's like he has a new lease of life. 
Spencer_White

« Reply #203 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:23:28 »

How shit was Scowcroft? Thing is he's probably still on a massive wage.

The English lower league needs a clear out of this sort of player. Just an absolute waste of money! Made me laugh the way he went down in the first half under a soft challenge and had the physio come all the way out to check him over, like he was somesort of fine tuned athlete that needs nurturing. You're a fucking pub player James!

And another thing. When Lukas managed to pull off that fantastic save when he was on the ground, it has to be said that all the Orient player needed to do was get some part of his body on it (other than his arms obviously!), but he just stood there, totally clueless. For me that sums up a lot of the players that the English youth system produces now. They know how to play ball to feet and pass it back to the defenders, but when it comes to showing some initiative and some hunger and just making something bloody happen - they havnt got a fucking clue! Compare that to the way Charlie Austin robbed that centre back. Brilliant.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #204 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:43:28 »

Really enjoyed yesterday,I know the usual get's the mention austin,cuthbert but i thought jpm was outstanding yesterday,what a player he's been this season it's like he has a new lease of life. 
True, probably because he is out of contract this year I think..... meaning he will likely be shit if given a new deal, ala Zaaboub, McNamee etc.....
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:45:54 »

True, probably because he is out of contract this year I think..... meaning he will likely be shit if given a new deal, ala Zaaboub, McNamee etc.....

Not that a manager has got the best out of him then?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #206 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:50:09 »

Not that a manager has got the best out of him then?

Could be dont get me wrong just saying, he was pretty gash last season but then again name a player apart from Cox really who wasnt?
Barry Scott

« Reply #207 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:50:35 »

That's a bit unfair Gazza, he's been absolutely superb and I personally think it's a Wilson thing; i just can't see that level of improvement and workrate for a new contract.
Summer of Noughtie Nine

« Reply #208 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 12:52:30 »

What was with the exercise bike behind the touchline on the Arkell's side? Did it have a dynamo to keep the floodlights going?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 13:00:21 »

i disagree quite a lot with that. i think he had the beating of scowcroft in the air so instead of jumping or elbowing kev he just leaned forwards before even being touched...which somehow is a foul.

Pretty much every time, Greer was leading with his arm, jumping through / all over the player. Both of which are fouls in my book. Not sure how anyone could have missed this, given the number of free kicks Greer gave away.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: