Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V leyton Orient Matchday thread  (Read 25369 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 21:54:50 »

Apart from the freekick I wasn't impressed with Sheehan. He seemed to spend the whole game as a floating central midfielder rather than offering any width at all.Tthe bench seemed hapy with this and Orient don't seem to use their right side at all but he did look very much like a fullback out of position.

Thought the same thing regarding lack of width. Seems it was by design so that's OK.
---
I can't believe anyone thought the first half was dull. Best footy I've seen us play in a while, albeit lacking a goal.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 21:57:58 »

I dont know what the plan is, but it almost seemed like the idea was for the wingers to tuck in and let the full backs provide the width.

JFL and Big Kev got forward alot today, probably more so than they have recently.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #182 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 21:58:32 »

We looked decent throughout the team! Cant wait for next Saturday now! Im sure we will sell our whole allocation!
Barry Scott

« Reply #183 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 22:08:51 »

I dont know what the plan is, but it almost seemed like the idea was for the wingers to tuck in and let the full backs provide the width.

JFL and Big Kev got forward alot today, probably more so than they have recently.

It must've been. There were several occassions when myself and friend noted KA and FJL sitting practically in the midfield with Douglas further back and actually sitting in the middle of a back three.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 22:11:27 »

Apart from the freekick I wasn't impressed with Sheehan. He seemed to spend the whole game as a floating central midfielder rather than offering any width at all.Tthe bench seemed hapy with this and Orient don't seem to use their right side at all but he did look very much like a fullback out of position.
Think he pushed infield more as orient played 5 in the middle with him doing this and lescinal getting up and down very well today i think it worked out well.Taking into account its only his 2nd game for us in a different position i thought he did well.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 22:40:44 »

Hi peeps...ive been on a training course today..as a driver ive got to get digital,ive got to get..modern..well with 18 other drivers...GET IN AUSTIN YOU C""T disnt go down to well  with the others towards the end of the seminar....FUKING HELL GET IN went down like a lead ballon after his second...i tried to act normal for the last 20 mins of the course...cept when the training  guy...Rod his name was asked if there was anything i would like to contribute i just looked round the room and replied E,I,E,I E,I,O UP THE FOOTB.........that is it for today said Guy...thanks for listening.
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #186 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 22:43:21 »

Do you know whats really nice about Charlie Austin? He is a town fan!
Spencer_White

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 22:46:22 »

Charlie Austin was absolutely fantastic today. Not just his instinctive finnishing, but he hardly ever lost the ball. Fantastic with his back to goal, Hes just got great desire in his game.

Just hope we dont coach that desire out of him in the next 12 months.

Overall the team needs more endeavour. 1-0 wasnt enough, but we sat back. Another 3 points courtesy of a lethal striker.

Last half hour was fantastic. Keep it going lads!
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #188 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 23:35:13 »

Do you know whats really nice about Charlie Austin? He is a town fan!

And you can tell. he works his bollocks off and actually cares, every time he scores seems like he wants to jump into the stand and celebrate with the fans! Shame he cant play at Fulham, be interesting to see how he would do against those type of players
minivino

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 23:51:27 »

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/8825/austin316saysijustwhoop.jpg   

This image pretty muh sums up todays match!
iffy

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 23:59:18 »

Couldn't agree less.

Best game I've been to this season and even though there wasn't any goals in the 1st half, the football we played was a joy to watch. The ball spent most of the time on the ground and much of the passing and movement was crisp and incisive.

Charlie Austin is improving every game and his all-round play today was much better than the Huddersfield game.

Really enjoyed today.

This is what I think, but someone else wrote it so I don't have to.

We were compact, organised and patient

I liked Sheehan a lot - he'd be a very strong addition to the squad. Douglas and Greer are Championship standard and must be two of the best players in the league. Austin has stepped up fearlessly. Loved it today. Even the stupid but inevitable last minute conceded goal barely annoyed me.

I think an automatic slot is beyond us, so I'm looking forward to Wembley and a play-off final.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #191 on: Saturday, December 5, 2009, 23:59:51 »

Haha i'm using that
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 00:04:01 »

Enjoyed today.

Should of killed them when we had the chance and pissed about and sat back and invited pressure.

Austin was great to watch and i hope it lasts .. Cheesy. it was a joy to behold and he and Billy really seemed to click.

Lucas?  WTF....no mistakes and then two fucking howlers...If rules are rules then Smith should get the nod, i hope Lucas gets another chance.

Roll on Rovers. wish i was going im off to Stoke for my Xmas party......... Sad

Clems Army!
deltaincline

« Reply #193 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 00:05:49 »

And you can tell. he works his bollocks off and actually cares, every time he scores seems like he wants to jump into the stand and celebrate with the fans! Shame he cant play at Fulham, be interesting to see how he would do against those type of players

Twice in the space of 7 days I find myself agreeing with Gazza..

Austin gives a fuck and is living the dream. Fucking good luck to him.

Every player that Wilson has put out in the last few matches also gives a fuck, which is turning us into a very decent side.

If Wilson can keep us playing the way we have done so far, we'll be somewhere handy come the end of the season.

Happy fucking days, indeed!
iffy

« Reply #194 on: Sunday, December 6, 2009, 00:09:50 »

Thought the same thing regarding lack of width. Seems it was by design so that's OK.
---
I can't believe anyone thought the first half was dull. Best footy I've seen us play in a while, albeit lacking a goal.

Sheehan's shape was similar to McGovern on the other side. With both of them tucked in rather than wingers, I thought we had a middle 4 that was very hard to get past. I thought he linked up well with Lesh, Ferry and Douglas.

Most importantly, he made McNamee look like a one-trick pony. McNamee was only ever an outlet, whereas I thought Sheehan fell back and offered more to the team.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: