Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29419 times)

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:01:31 »

so you could say it was his fault we lost?

if we had lost it would have been the major factor.it forced wilson into a decision about the formation
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:13:47 »

so you could say it was his fault we lost?

Many a team have won whle down to ten.....sorry to say Sie weve drawn matches with eleven players on the pitch....whats the big deal with Douglas being sent off....the game was there for the winning,for me against a pile of shit like Millwall you go for the jugular especially being  a goal in front.....bad decisions by the manager cost us today..not a decision by Douglas to make a bad tackle.
Panda Paws

« Reply #242 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:14:06 »

From where I was sat, both reds were justified, but I stand in the Townend so that means very little.

At the end of the day it's frustrating to concede late again but we've drew with a side who were play-off finalists last year and will be top 8 again this year, despite playing without our best midfielder for 70 mins. A win next week and it's four points from 2 home games to go with the four from two away games last week, there really is very little room to grumble considering where we've come from over the last 12 months.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:14:20 »

arriba your being kind....cant see as Millwall were a fairly decent side.
I thought they were crap until the sending off, sadly the change of formation at half time worked in their favour and I still think we did well to get a point.  We just invited them on to us, and they gleefully accepted the invitation.  Lost count of the number of times they got behind our defence, oh to see us do that a bit more often.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:20:06 »

Paul....got alot of time for you and your opinions....
See, that's when you KNOW you're wrong Smiley

Fair play to all - we all see the game differently, but pretty much everyone on here tonight has come on with a strong opinion, backed it up and argued their corner well. And people feel so strongly because it matters to us all. Proper debate with people who know (and care) far more about football than anyone really should and than I would claim to

But FFS people this is the TEF - what's with the impassioned, reasoned on-topic discussion purely about football? More than about time someone took it badly off topic with 80% bollocks.

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:21:42 »

youve already done that paul.
chortle
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:22:14 »

youve already done that paul.
chortle
Fuck off Emu Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:26:26 »

is an emo a goth? i have heard the term but have no idea what an emo is.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #248 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:27:31 »

Sorry my post was meant to say drew. I guess I got sucked into too much negativity, I do remember the game, honest!

What's the big deal with Douglas being sent off? Well for one the midfield was overrun and were it not for some battling displays (Amankwaah, Revell and McGovern my top picks) and some terrible misses for Millwall, we would have been trounced. Their manager has said they're happy with a point but it's they who should be disappointed because against 10 men you should always come out on top.

I've said before today's game we have sat too deep and looked nervous late on in matches. It happened again today and we conceded another late goal. Personally I didn't even expect to still be winning so late into the second half which if you reflect on things shows what a battle the team put in.

I'm willing to isolate this game because ordinarily we wouldn't have 10 men for most of a game. It's not a situation Wilson can really do much about.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:28:09 »

Look at the Douglas tackle again...it wasnt Red IMO.....we should have hada penalty for a blatant handball.....also a kick in our keepers head whle he was on the ground should have braught a card.
Still think we were very negative today but again didnt get alot of luck with decisions.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:37:51 »

Fuck me there are some moaning idiots on here.

We were down to 10 men after 30 mins against a good, physical, strong Millwall side. To come away with a draw is to me, a point gained. Lets not forget, they were a play off finalist last season.

We lost a very influencial midfielder in Douglas but I thought JPM had a good game today and Revell was immense.

Also worth a mention, Callum Kennedy. He looks very dangerous out wide and a real prospect.

Agree,our fans make me laugh a few weeks ago some people were accusing the team of not getting stuck in yet when we do people still moan about lunging etc,I only wished douglas had a put that cheating cunt out the game for good,he played a big part in getting douglas sent off and the next min he was up and running about fine,it was a yellow and nothing more.

I for one are proud of the team today,they stuck to the task well when we could have let their heads drop and let them back in the game sooner,todays late goal was due to fatigue nothing more.

Always seem to be people who think they can do better than DW which asks the question why are you not all football managers.

Loved our commitment today and made me proud to be a town fan.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:46:55 »

Agree,our fans make me laugh a few weeks ago some people were accusing the team of not getting stuck in yet when we do people still moan about lunging etc,I only wished douglas had a put that cheating cunt out the game for good,he played a big part in getting douglas sent off and the next min he was up and running about fine,it was a yellow and nothing more.

I for one are proud of the team today,they stuck to the task well when we could have let their heads drop and let them back in the game sooner,todays late goal was due to fatigue nothing more.

Always seem to be people who think they can do better than DW which asks the question why are you not all football managers.

Ive been a Town fan for years Russ...and very proud....like all walks of life when you get paid very good money you can expect to get shot down on occasions.....today as DW will probably admit to wasnt a great day on his CV.....poor decisions by him cost us....not one shot on goal the second half is testament to this.

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:52:52 »

one thing is for sure.those lads bust a gut for the shirt now.
that shows wilson must doing something right.
fans will always debate games and tactics.that doesn't mean they think they could do a better job than the manager.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 21:55:24 »

He can only do what he tells his players to do,lets not forget we was chasing them around for at least 35 mins with ten men.I think their is mental problem with our players when it comes to the last stages of the game,Im not sur you can blame danny for that,It could be the players that are sitting back rather than danny telling them to.

I know that's up to danny to sort out but some times you need a bit of luck aswell,when i mean luck i mean a clean sheet,had we got one today you may have seen us approach the game in the later stages different next time.

What else could he have done today tactics wise,I thought he had it spot on when we was down to 10 although i would have prefered easton over timlin,but we dont know what's going on with easton at the moment,maybe he's not showing enough in training.    
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 22:00:06 »

Unfortunately for Craig,I think it will be Timlin who gets the nod

Easton was impressive against Wolves, but I expect Timlin will get the nod as he has been regularly coming off the bench.  Apparently on RS the ref. was going take another look at the incident.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: