Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29353 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:37:36 »

i struggle to see how anyone could question wilsons tactics i really do! he made the right sub after the sending off and at half time. then revell was knackered and he had to sub him....his hands were tied after that. i struggle to see what he could have done better, even in hindsight.

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:40:40 »

formation!
the subs were spot on.10vs10 killed us.
we didn't adapt when their guy got sent off.we stayed the same and they punished us.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:41:02 »

i struggle to see how anyone could question wilsons tactics i really do! he made the right sub after the sending off and at half time. then revell was knackered and he had to sub him....his hands were tied after that. i struggle to see what he could have done better, even in hindsight.

Fully agree on that, even tough it would've been nice for the midfielders to support the front man now and again.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:41:47 »

I am a surprised as usual by some of the comments on here.  On reflection I believe this was a point gained, we were second best for most of the second half, how many saves did their keeper make?  Yes, there were reasons for that, and yes the referee was a twat.  Sadly I think it was some strange decisions from management that cost us most today.  When we went down to ten the obvious decision to me was to take Macca off, he had already shown in half an hour that this was not to be his day.  Leave Hutchinson and Revell to take the pressure off us by holding the ball up, with Timlin bolstering the midfield.  All in all I was very disappointed, we looked in a different class for the first 30 minutes but sadly lacked a lot of idea after the sending off.  I think the standing ovation for Revell was well deserved, but he is not the answer in front of goal - no cutting edge.
Barry Scott

« Reply #184 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:43:08 »

well what was it then? play on?
 debatable if it's a red but fuck me there are some blinkered opinions on here as usual.
we were as dirty and whiney as they were.amankwaa was as guilty as harris.payner kicked their guy in the upper thigh.jpm made a meal of the foul which got matey sent off.

No disrespect arriba, but I don't think it really matters whether our players whinged and moaned as much as theirs did. One of those team's is ours and we should snidely smile, perhaps be amused even, at getting away with stuff. We're allowed to be biased and we should be. We shouldn't sit back and imply the other team is unlucky and talk about the bad things our players did... We should gloat.

If JPM got someone sent off. Fucking good. He plays for my team and i'd want my players kicking chunks out of the other team and diving for penalties left right and centre if it means we win. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the opposition. I don't care whether they like us, hate us, or want to fuck us. I don't care whether it's unsporting or whether it's unsavoury. I'm a supporter not a player, wins please me, not the gentlemanly conduct between the teams. There's only one outcome i care about and they can accomplish that anyway they want. (Within reason of course.)

Yes the result fucked me off. Would i have taken 1-1 after Douglas got sent off? Yes. Am i frustrated with all the draws? Slightly, but we're playing tighter and better than i've seen from us in quite a few seasons and i know what i prefer. Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:45:00 »

I generally agree with this.

Although I did think at the time it might have been an idea top drop Hutchinson back into right wing and move JPM to the middle.

That way, say worst came to worse and Millwall scored 5 minutes after Douglas went off we could have still gone with 2 upfront if we needed to.

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:46:19 »

No disrespect arriba, but I don't think it really matters whether our players whinged and moaned as much as theirs did. One of those team's is ours and we should snidely smile, perhaps be amused even, at getting away with stuff. We're allowed to be biased and we should be. We shouldn't sit back and imply the other team is unlucky and talk about the bad things our players did... We should gloat.

If JPM got someone sent off. Fucking good. He plays for my team and i'd want my players kicking chunks out of the other team and diving for penalties left right and centre if it means we win. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the opposition. I don't care whether they like us, hate us, or want to fuck us. I don't care whether it's unsporting or whether it's unsavoury. I'm a supporter not a player, wins please me, not the gentlemanly conduct between the teams. There's only one outcome i care about and they can accomplish that anyway they want. (Within reason of course.)

Yes the result fucked me off. Would i have taken 1-1 after Douglas got sent off? Yes. Am i frustrated with all the draws? Slightly, but we're playing tighter and better than i've seen from us in quite a few seasons and i know what i prefer. Smiley

of course it doesn't matter and i agree.but that doesn't make the other team out of order when we are doing exactly the same.
thats what i was saying. we did what they did.
trouble is alot dont see what ours do, only the opposition.
i enjoyed today and the lads did well overall.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:48:08 by arriba » Logged
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:46:37 »

With a team tired after ten chasing eleven players for so long, tactics were not to lose the game.  I wouldn't want to question Danny's tactics.  The geniuses on the Millwall commentary team remarked how tired the Swindon defence looked.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:49:02 »

of course it doesn't matter and i agree.but that doesn't make the other team out of order when we are doing exactly the same.

We were not half as bad as the Millwall players at all.

Tony Craig must have mouthed off to the ref more himself than our entire team did.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:50:03 »

Hi peeps...well what can i say..love the Town you all know that but watching them is taking its toll.
Millwall were absolutely awfull.....its getting to the stage when i know when the opposition are going to score.......DW has got to realise that we as fans can Whine when we like...the second half was a complete joke....ime pisssed off...ime guna say no more/.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:51:23 »

Tony Craig must have mouthed off to the ref more himself than our entire team did.
I have never seen anyone go on and fucking on like that gobshite - his tongue was perpetual motion. Even when the ball was up the other end he was still fucking whinging. Is he a Scouser?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:52:07 »

I can't help but wonder if the reason we keep conceding late goals is due to fatigue and that they are simply not fit enough.

It's a mental thing IMHO. We have conceeded a few at the end of games and it plays on our minds. So we tense up, stop playing, sit deeper, invite pressure.

They'll get over it.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:53:09 »

At the end of the RS coverage, it was mentioned that the ref. had apparently said he would relook at Douglas's sending-off, don't know if that is true, but refs. know when they fuck up by the players' reaction.  
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:55:22 by Crozzer » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:53:25 »

I have never seen anyone go on and fucking on like that gobshite - his tongue was perpetual motion. Even when the ball was up the other end he was still fucking whinging. Is he a Scouser?

Greenwich, London!

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 18:53:31 »

the only player who had an excuse for being knackered at the point of their sending off was revell who was on his own upfront.
the others were putting a shift in for sure but not so much more than usual as to have to sit back like we did after.that was the managers tactics.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: