Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29408 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:05:51 »

I think the texts would sound very different if we went one down after 15 minutes and then pulled one back just before the end.  Conceding a late equaliser feels like a loss...in fact, it's even more of a kick in the balls than conceding a goal to lose because you drop two points instead of one.  It's only natural.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:07:35 »

I think the texts would sound very different if we went one down after 15 minutes and then pulled one back just before the end.  Conceding a late equaliser feels like a loss...in fact, it's even more of a kick in the balls than conceding a goal to lose because you drop two points instead of one.  It's only natural.

Very True. It always feels worse when it happens to you and when when it keeps happening to you it gets annoying but we are not losing and we are in 7th place with team that has a lot of improving to do.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:12:16 »

Thats great, the arseholes from radio london calling our fans idiots.  Unlike those saintly millwall fans.

why what did our fans do?

/
W56196272
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:14:32 »

Danny:
Worked very hard against 10 men, tiredness at the end.  Disappointed with sending off, should have been a booking from his angle, not two-footed.   Macca and Ben had to be sacrificed.  Revell ran himself to a standstill.  

Ref. had lots of strange decisions, ref had a bad game.

Well worked corner for the goal, excellent football early in the game.  No appeal, Dougie out for three games.

Goal, bad decision, tiredness, disappointing, looking at the game as a whole.  In a decent position, hard to beat, lots of commitment.  Brilliant in terms of commitment, Topi on the way back, will miss Dougie.  JPT great at home, didn't matter who is it.  Dougie will be a big miss, have the players to make up.  
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:25:03 »

Why is he not appealing against red card if he doesn't think it was  deserved?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:30:39 »

Why is he not appealing against red card if he doesn't think it was  deserved?
Because they never rescind them if there's been contact (which there was, not necessarily malicious but there was contact) and you run the risk of getting any ban increased. Not worth it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:31:31 »

We were dead on our feet in the last 20 mins of the game so it's more amazing we didn't lose to be honest.  Annoying, because I thought it had the makings of a very entertaining game, with us creating quite a few chances and Millwall looking dangerous as well.  We seemed to be on the up after the goal.  Didn't look like a red to me and I'm not sure the Millwall one was as bad as it looked, but he was bound to go following our one.  Unfortunately we had run ourselves out of steam so couldn't take advantage of being back to even sides.  Revell played really well today, as did JP.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:32:38 »

Someone with no knowledge of the League Table listening to the afternoon texts would be booking their tickets for League Two away trips at the moment. I know the late goals are frustrating, but we're 7th and if you take it in isolation from the late goals of the last few weeks a 1-1 draw against a good team when down to ten men for so long is not a disastrous result.
Spot on. We spent the best part of an hour hanging on 10 against 12, this was a very different matter from previous late equalisers. Played well today with a psycho in the middle.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:33:13 »

Oh, and Tony Craig is a whinging mincing cunt. End of
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:36:21 »

Douglas was one footed but late. Definitely a yellow, definitely not a red.
Their red looked similar to me, but the ref had given ours and so had to give the same.
The ref was shit. Let loads of handbags and crowding of the ref type dissent go, but still managed to give yellows out.

The game I suppose was a fair result, but until the last 15 we looked the better team - though clearly hampered by 10 v 11. We were knackered for the last 10-15, but I still think mentally we tense up and drop too deep.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #130 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:38:39 »

Douglas sending off was never sending off a mate of my dad who is millwall fan sat with us said it was never a sending off a yellow would be the right call. ref buckled when 4 millwall players run to the ref to get the player sent off. Frampton challenge was reckless on mcgovern knee it was a red. Blatant push on Cuthbert for the goal. Millwall number 16 and 15 are whinging cunts.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:44:52 »

Oh, and Tony Craig is a whinging mincing cunt. End of

Agreed. A lot. I've seen women moan less than him. What a moaning little wanker.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:45:56 »

Fuck knows how we came away from that with a point, the lads battled brilliantly though and it was a shame the ref was such a twat.

Millwall will be up there at the end of the season, very decent side.

Scot Munroe

« Reply #133 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:48:33 »

James Henry looked a good player until he done his hamstring
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 16:53:06 »

Agree with the last couple of comments.  I think we looked tired 'cos of being (harshly) a man down for so long.  I don't think Millwall were really threatening us even though they hit the post.
Macca's yellow was right, as was the yellow to the Millwall keeper, but other than that, I think the other cards shown were due to the ref making problems for himself - the guy was getting so many basic things wrong it was almost commical.
Still, when you think about what would of happened last year, i'll take the point.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: