Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Treatment Table  (Read 3562 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 18:29:31 »

Anyone know how much longer Hasney Aljofree and Alan O'Brien are out for?

If we keep conceding late goals then, once fit, our ex-skipper may push for a place at left back.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 18:30:27 »

And it won't make a difference
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 18:36:13 »

So anyway, does anyone know how long they're out for?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 19:13:40 »

Anyone know how much longer Hasney Aljofree and Alan O'Brien are out for?

If we keep conceding late goals then, once fit, our ex-skipper may push for a place at left back.
I don't think Aljofree will play for us again and I would be more than happy with that.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 19:29:53 »

yeah why would you want Aljofree back, he's the worst defender we've ever had ever etc etc etc Aljokefree hehehe was a funny name.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 20:28:38 »

I think he can be a good defender, he's just not suddenly going to stop us conceding late goals, especially playing at left back.

The late goal thing stems from the players playing too deep and playing nervously. If we're serious about being play off contenders we shouldn't be hanging on for points against the likes of Wycombe, at home of all places. I'm sure Wilson will change things up to prevent it.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 20:33:30 »

I hope Aljofree doesn't play for us again. Over rated.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 21:32:37 »

yeah why would you want Aljofree back, he's the worst defender we've ever had ever etc etc etc Aljokefree hehehe was a funny name.
He's not the worst defender we've ever had - Peach, Gibson, Rollings, Heiselberg, Dryden, Tanner etc etc. He is the one of the worst captains and bottlers we've ever had. If we disregard that then given what we've got now, would he get in the team anywhere along the back 4 - not a chance. Even left back I'd persevere with Lescinel and Kennedy. Also what would Aljofree do when he fucks up - he can't put it on Ifill any more.
He's a cunt - pure and simple and in my mind will go down in the Swindon annals along with Beachamp, Hewlwtt, Close, as a uselsss piece of minging shit.   
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 21:42:47 »

He's not the worst defender we've ever had - Peach, Gibson, Rollings, Heiselberg, Dryden, Tanner etc etc. He is the one of the worst captains and bottlers we've ever had. If we disregard that then given what we've got now, would he get in the team anywhere along the back 4 - not a chance. Even left back I'd persevere with Lescinel and Kennedy. Also what would Aljofree do when he fucks up - he can't put it on Ifill any more.
He's a cunt - pure and simple and in my mind will go down in the Swindon annals along with Beachamp, Hewlwtt, Close, as a uselsss piece of minging shit.  

Of course my calling him the worst defender we've ever had was sarcastic but the way some people go on...

Aljofree had a good first season for us and a dissapointing second. He wasnt/isnt alone in that fact. JPM was written off by most but he's stick two fingers up to all the doubters this season.

I see no reason why Aljofree shouldnt be given the same chance to prove people wrong.

I take your point about him not being a great captain he was a far better captain than Sean O'Hanlon was. He was easily hands down the worst.

As for Aljofrees fuck ups - what fuck ups. I really cant think of any glaringly obvious fuck ups Aljofree has made for us? jog my memory.

...and comparing him with Beachump - pull the other one. He's not a scummer for staters.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 21:47:57 »

I'm with dave, he's a decent defender, people seem to be hung up more on the time he lost his rag. Everyone's entitled to do that, I'd never be spoken to again, the amount of people i've told to fuck off over the years, when i've had a moody, if that was everyone's attitude.
flammableBen

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 21:49:58 »

I have to admit to having a soft spot for Aljofree purely because of the hatred aimed at him. I'm the shallowest sort of rebel imaginable.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 22:01:49 »

If he's fit and playing well in reserves / training then there's no reason for him not to be in the team, but he won't get the armband back.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 22:09:38 »

Luckily for us there are half a dozen defenders doing well enough to keep him out !...and long may that continue !....and after those six I'd rather bring on someone like Thompson than persevere (or find a spare position) with someone who is past there sell by date and well down the pecking order. It's no coincidence that we performed better at the back when he was out and Greer came in.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 22:15:35 »

i can't see him getting in the team ahead of greer, cuthbert and morrison anyway
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 22:16:23 »

Of course my calling him the worst defender we've ever had was sarcastic but the way some people go on...

Aljofree had a good first season for us and a dissapointing second. He wasnt/isnt alone in that fact. JPM was written off by most but he's stick two fingers up to all the doubters this season.

I see no reason why Aljofree shouldnt be given the same chance to prove people wrong.

I take your point about him not being a great captain he was a far better captain than Sean O'Hanlon was. He was easily hands down the worst.

As for Aljofrees fuck ups - what fuck ups. I really cant think of any glaringly obvious fuck ups Aljofree has made for us? jog my memory.

...and comparing him with Beachump - pull the other one. He's not a scummer for staters.
Fair points - particularly comparing him to a Scummer. I'm older than you so I'd say Seagraves was the worst captain in my memory with Aljofree next.
As for blaming Ifill, I'd need to look again at the shit run at the start of last season but there were certainly a couple early on. Leeds rings a bell. The fact he was happy to tuck up Ifill, who some fans would happilly believe was to blame was why I hated the guy.
As for JPM - agree. I hated the bastard alongside Aljofree last season and he has stuck 2 fingers up to me but given his overall tenure would you say he's given good value for money. Forget the talent we know he has, on what he has produced over the time he's been here, has he been worth the money? Is it the fact Danny's got him going or is it the last year of contract thats got him going?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: