Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Treatment Table  (Read 3563 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 22:23:37 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasney_Aljofree

250 odd games in 13 years as a pro tells you something....either very injury prone or not rated by the managers...i suspect abit of both.....JPM has shown you can turn it around,but then he hasnt had the injuries Aljofree has suffered.
flammableBen

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 22:30:20 »

I think it only works out at about a game a season less than Gordon Greer.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 22:38:43 »

Yeah but Greer is still only 28....he should be in his prime now....Aljofree has alot of work to do on and off the pitch to become a success.......if he does good on him.
flammableBen

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, October 8, 2009, 23:04:01 »

I did think about that after I'd posted it. At his age, you'd hope that Greer will significantly overtake Aljofree over the next 3-4 years.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 06:30:58 »

Greer's gonna be what we hoped aljofree would

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 06:59:23 »

Aljofree's a good defender who at times displayed a bit of attitude. When fit, he should be considered for selection on merit alone, not because people still bear a grudge from various "incidents". But tbh I don't see him dislodging either of the Greer/Cuthbert partnership, so injury (to either of them) apart I'd have thought his chances would be limited
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 07:58:34 »

Hasney's the sort of senior pro I'm happy to have in the squad.  Wears his heart on his sleeve and, occasionally, that flares up as it did with the 'incident'...and if any of our fans still bear a grudge for that then they need to get over themselves and move on.

I'm also not convinced he can break back in to the first team given the strength of our summer signings at the back, but I hope he gets the chance to try.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 09:56:24 »

I think he can be a good defender, he's just not suddenly going to stop us conceding late goals, especially playing at left back.

The late goal thing stems from the players playing too deep and playing nervously. If we're serious about being play off contenders we shouldn't be hanging on for points against the likes of Wycombe, at home of all places. I'm sure Wilson will change things up to prevent it.

good footballing post si

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 15:02:59 »

Hasney's the sort of senior pro I'm happy to have in the squad.  Wears his heart on his sleeve and, occasionally, that flares up as it did with the 'incident'...and if any of our fans still bear a grudge for that then they need to get over themselves and move on.

I'm also not convinced he can break back in to the first team given the strength of our summer signings at the back, but I hope he gets the chance to try.

Im one who bears a grudge from the MK incident.......Like AAAAAAaaaron Brown at Barnet.....finished in my book when they turn on the supporters.

I will not get over it, nor, do i want to.

He should fuck off and quickly about it.

Clems Army!
richt1976

« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 15:19:03 »

As for JPM - agree. I hated the bastard alongside Aljofree last season and he has stuck 2 fingers up to me but given his overall tenure would you say he's given good value for money. Forget the talent we know he has, on what he has produced over the time he's been here, has he been worth the money? Is it the fact Danny's got him going or is it the last year of contract thats got him going?

chalkie, I cant help having the same doubts about JPM. There is no question that he is a different player this year to last. My worry is that its simply because hes either looking for a new/improved contract here and will then revert to type next season, or wants a big move elsewhere in the summer.

I guess we'll know in January when he's free to speak to other clubs. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but he wouldnt be the first to only display the talent everyone knows he has in the final year of his contract.
manc321

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 9, 2009, 15:21:10 »

Never been keen on Aljofree, saw him out in Manchester on New Years Eve (cant remember if he was injured) I was in a bad way cant remember if i gave him any shit!!
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 01:07:38 »

aljofree was only a centre defender since hes played for swindon with every other team he played left back
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 03:16:34 »

What about Yinka, why isn't he featuring in the reserves, ingrowing toenail?
santasdead

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, October 11, 2009, 13:25:38 »

What about Yinka, why isn't he featuring in the reserves, ingrowing toenail?

Knee surgery in the summer, hopefully to give him some footballers feet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: