Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253240 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1365 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 00:24:56 »

I'd say, now there are a number of examples of clubs who've gone bust or been shat on and have had the spirit to bounce back, eg Aldershot, Accrington Stanley, Newport County and Wimbledon....I'd have thought Pompey could find a way back. Their present condition is an embarrassment to Div 3, it would be better for them to go into prob Conference South.

There isn't many that have totally disappeared without a trace. Maybe the closest are Bradford PA and Maidstone but there are still clubs carrying on their name and spirit. Worst case for Portsmouth if they liquidate is a few years slumming it in non-league, provided their fans stay with them. Though I think that would be the best case for them in the long run.

So they've got these 10 loanees in, but...

But....they're not on loan deals, they've signed one month contracts.

I can't help but think they're all a bit shit and desperate if the best they could get is a one month contract at Portsmouth.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1366 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 07:21:25 »

Several of my Pompey supporting mates tell me that Ex Newcastle chairman Freddie Sheperd and Harry Redknapp are preparing a joint bid to buy the club, both were in the directors box on Saturday.

They are none too keen on 'Arry returning to them but between them they do have large financial clout.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #1367 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 08:17:08 »

Several of my Pompey supporting mates tell me that Ex Newcastle chairman Freddie Sheperd and Harry Redknapp are preparing a joint bid to buy the club, both were in the directors box on Saturday.

They are none too keen on 'Arry returning to them but between them they do have large financial clout.

Harry's dog has more financial clout than Pompey right now. Although i'm not sure she knows about it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1368 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 10:21:23 »

But....they're not on loan deals, they've signed one month contracts.

I can't help but think they're all a bit shit and desperate if the best they could get is a one month contract at Portsmouth.

Ahh. I'm sure one article said they were loans. Either that or I made it up. Either way, have to agree that if the best you can do is a 1-month deal at Pompey then you should be concerned for your career.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1369 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 12:06:09 »

Ahh. I'm sure one article said they were loans. Either that or I made it up. Either way, have to agree that if the best you can do is a 1-month deal at Pompey then you should be concerned for your career.

They have got a few decent players, it does beg the question though of the likes of Mcleod why he was willing to go to pompey with his record, surely there must have been other interest but instead he risk his future by signing for a club on the brink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1370 on: Tuesday, August 21, 2012, 12:11:38 »

Mcleod is evidently a twat though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1371 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 07:44:41 »

So Chainrais back in and the trust revise their offer...

Is there a drop dead date on this, presumably when the administrator runs out of options?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1372 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 08:28:27 »

Yeah, 2011
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #1373 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 08:29:04 »

So Chainrais back in and the trust revise their offer...

I don't get this. I thought the trust had contacted Chainrai to get him to come back and buy the club, so he puts a new bid in then the trust put in another bid themselves? Am I missing something?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1374 on: Saturday, August 25, 2012, 10:21:32 »

I wondered if they'd secured extra investment jan. Maybe 'arry is backing via the trust.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1375 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 11:55:25 »

I don't get this. I thought the trust had contacted Chainrai to get him to come back and buy the club, so he puts a new bid in then the trust put in another bid themselves? Am I missing something?

I dont believe so the trust's issue is that Chainrai has security on the ground and owns it the trust wanted to buy it from him at current rates and wanted an independant valuation but Chainrai realises he wouldn't get anywhere near what he is owed.

I beleive it is brinksmanship on his part but the pompey trust have also put a good deal on the table friday and it is now down to the administrator to decide what deal will be better for the creditors, but he may need to hold more talks with both parties to clarify certain things in the bid documentation, likely to be a week or so before anything is heard I expect, perhaps by the time we play them they may know what their future holds and how many points the FL are going to dock them
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #1376 on: Tuesday, August 28, 2012, 12:00:02 »

how is this club still running? Shut em down
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1377 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 12:07:34 »

while they can bump along and pay their day to day costs then they wont be shutdown
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1378 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 12:11:41 »

while they can bump along and pay their day to day costs then they wont be shutdown

They're paying them from the PL parachute payment (just under £4m I think) they received a few weeks back.

Still think it's a joke. If they'd wound the club up when they went in to administration people would have got a lot more of their money back, player transfer fees and the parachute payments would have covered a large chunk. Instead they were allowed to piss the money away, once again.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #1379 on: Friday, August 31, 2012, 11:53:06 »

See Portpin trying their best to turn fans against PST

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11719/8034667/Portpin-PST-bid-not-viable
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: