Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253526 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #1350 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 17:44:15 »

The second points deduction is for failing to agree a CVA.  That's pretty difficult these days as HMRC object in principle to all football club CVAs due to the football creditors rule.  Since the preferred buyer has pulled out, Portsmouth are still in administration so the 10 point penalty which was to be applied this season hasn't in fact been incurred yet

You're quite right,there are some Pompey fans who are now claiming that because the new CVA
was proposed by Portpin,it now falls,because they have pulled out of re-buying the club.

They claim that if the Trust now buy the club,a new CVA will have to be negotiated.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #1351 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 17:48:41 »

Michael Appleton hoping to sign a further 7 players before saturday.

The signing of goalscoring midfielder Lee Williamson (Sheff Utd) is quite a coup.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1352 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 18:43:46 »

Pompey have just signed 10 players on 1 month contracts.

Some interesting names there...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/pompey-complete-10-signings-1-4172202

Izale McLeod.

I don't rate him as highly as leefer does, but sympathy wanes somewhat if that is the type of player they will go for on a perm if the takeover goes through...
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #1353 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 18:54:14 »

Am I the only person who can't see how a club that's about to go into liquidation can suddenly sign ten pretty decent players, while avoiding the penalty for it's financial situation?

If I set up a business which went bust while owing millions of pounds, the administrators presumably wouldn't let me employ ten new staff...

"Absolute Calamity!"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1354 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 18:55:14 »

Im still hoping they go under just so i can see that bell ringing cunt defect to southampton
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1355 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 19:04:27 »

It seems if you're Portsmouth you can do what the fuck you like, but if you're a Leeds (-15) points, Luton (-30) points or Swindon (relegated two divisons) the football league will fuck you over. Granted Portsmouth are playing with mainly youths but still if you're going to enforce the rules then apply them to every club.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think it would be a real shame to see them go. I don't really care how a completely different FA administration treated us twenty years ago in comparison - the Pompey fans, like any fans, don't deserve to lose their club because of mismanagement by careless owners.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #1356 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 19:11:49 »

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think it would be a real shame to see them go. I don't really care how a completely different FA administration treated us twenty years ago in comparison - the Pompey fans, like any fans, don't deserve to lose their club because of mismanagement by careless owners.

Majority I like to think, I certainly don't want to see any team dissappear.
Barry Scott

« Reply #1357 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 19:13:37 »

No the fans don't deserve it, but that's no reason to allow a club to ignore it's responsibilities, not pay it's debts and eventually continue on a level playing field with clubs who didn't chase the dream.

It's not anything against Pompey, it's the example being set. It's only saying to clubs, "spend and borrow what you want, if shit hits the fan we'll all forget about it, take some points off you, let you fire some staff here and there and just continue like nothing happened."

I don't really see any HUGE incentive to not do a Pompey.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1358 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 19:20:57 »

No the fans don't deserve it.

Their fans didn't deserve to see their team win the FA Cup, make another final and play in the Premier League either.

Payback is a bitch.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #1359 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:36:20 »

Majority I like to think, I certainly don't want to see any team dissappear.

I dont know how many times Ive said this, but whether or not I care about Portsmouth disappearing, football needs to wake up and realise it cant operate in the stupid boom or bust way it does.  Its not immune from the norm.  I want to see someone go under so people wake up to the way clubs are being run.  We're not immune to it either.

Never knowingly overstated.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #1360 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 20:52:04 »

I was using it as an example, there seems to be a is an inconsistency with punishments.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1361 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:38:53 »

All i know is that it will be well juicy when they come here in the New Year,looking forward to that one already.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1362 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 22:54:56 »

All i know is that it will be well juicy if they come here in the New Year,looking forward to that one already.

Fixed that for you.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1363 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 23:42:14 »

So they've got these 10 loanees in, but...

A maximum of 5 loan Players (Standard, Emergency or Youth) can be named in the Players listed on a team sheet for any individual match played under the auspices of The League.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1364 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 00:00:48 »

I'd say, now there are a number of examples of clubs who've gone bust or been shat on and have had the spirit to bounce back, eg Aldershot, Accrington Stanley, Newport County and Wimbledon....I'd have thought Pompey could find a way back. Their present condition is an embarrassment to Div 3, it would be better for them to go into prob Conference South.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: