Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 99   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pay Up Pompey,Pompey Pay Up!  (Read 253278 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #1260 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 13:51:04 »

Won't have to put up with that knob end fan of theirs and his fucking bell.

Whether you like him or not - he's still a fan...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1261 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 14:59:24 »

And remember folks, this isn't Scotland. If Portsmouth get liquidated they won't be playing at all next season (except maybe in a local Sunday pub league) and will at best start the following season in the Conference. It seems inevitable, they should have pulled the trigger a couple of months ago so they'd have had time to reform for next season.
Coca Fola

« Reply #1262 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:01:59 »

Time to turn off the life support.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1263 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:24:18 »

I don't think there is any way out of this unless its a massive cash injection taking over the whole club and its football debts etc inside the next week.

This won't happen though, and understandably so, as its throwing away many many millions for no benefit to the new buyers.

I am afraid to say that they are well and truly fucked and it will be a division with 1 less team this season so probably one less team being relegated as a result.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1264 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:28:31 »

So that's how they would handle it?  A 23 club division would, of course, mean a 44 game season for the remaining sides...so everyone gets hit one way or another.  There would have to be a fixture re-jig as well, surely - or the team that was due to play Portsmouth on the last day would complete their fixtures before the final day.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1265 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:31:20 »

Actually...forget that.  If you have a 23 team division, someone is going to have to go without a game on the last day anyway.  Idiot comment.  Ignore me.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1266 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:32:35 »

So that's how they would handle it?  A 23 club division would, of course, mean a 44 game season for the remaining sides...so everyone gets hit one way or another.  There would have to be a fixture re-jig as well, surely - or the team that was due to play Portsmouth on the last day would complete their fixtures before the final day.
Thats true, I think the football league said somewhere that it was too late to rejig the league if Pompey drop out, but thats an interesting thought about the last match of the season.

I can't remember what date it was that Sunderland were told they would be playing in the League 1 when we were demoted, I am pretty sure it was earlier in the summer giving the league enough time for the rearrangement of team/fixtures etc etc.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #1267 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:33:36 »

Actually...forget that.  If you have a 23 team division, someone is going to have to go without a game on the last day anyway.  Idiot comment.  Ignore me.
Thats true but not idiotic at all as it does mean that one team will have played their last fixture before the rest.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1268 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:43:14 »

If pompey go bust it will mean we have new years day free. Which is good, because football with a hangover is shit

Things get better but they never get good
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #1269 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 15:45:38 »

If pompey go bust it will mean we have new years day free. Which is good, because football with a hangover is shit

And it means I don't run the risk of pissing off a heavily pregnant wife who'll be about to drop.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #1270 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 16:27:04 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7928934/Ben-Haim-wants-Pompey-survival

Interesting interview. Pompey don't seem to have much luck with their administrators do they?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1271 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 17:19:45 »

Thats true, I think the football league said somewhere that it was too late to rejig the league if Pompey drop out, but thats an interesting thought about the last match of the season.

I can't remember what date it was that Sunderland were told they would be playing in the League 1 when we were demoted, I am pretty sure it was earlier in the summer giving the league enough time for the rearrangement of team/fixtures etc etc.

Cut off date is the end of the playoffs.

If Portsmouth fold now it's a 23 team League One next season with one less team relegated.

Don't think there is much incentive for the administrators to cut their fees. Pretty certain the number one creditor when a company is liquidated is the liquidator, they get paid first before anyone else sees a penny. If there ain't enough money to pay them I'd guess the official receiver will do the job.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 23, 2012, 17:23:06 by jonny72 » Logged
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1272 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 17:59:48 »

I neither like, nor dislike Pompey fans but my sympathies lie with them. Some might gloat and say the club brought it on itself, which is undeniably true, but the fans didn't really have anything to do with that.

There for the grace of God.........(Who may, or may, not exist).

It's All Good..............
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #1273 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 18:00:27 »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7928934/Ben-Haim-wants-Pompey-survival

Interesting interview. Pompey don't seem to have much luck with their administrators do they?

This is not Birch's fault. They were in the shit as the previous administrator/supervisor of the administration order (and we know who that is) let them sign payers on big money, like Kitson on £20k a week...but put no relegation clause in their contracts...despite them dropping from the Prem, probably thinking they could go straight back up.

I think Pompey fans would settle for liquidation...as long as Chainrai pisses off, and they take control of the club.

And I very much doubt they'll restart as high as the Conference as Jonny says. They'll have to restart a lot lower than that.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1274 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 18:44:53 »

There is no way any new club would be voted in at a higher league than Southern Football League (level Cool and even at a push the division lower being the Wessex League (level 9) of the league pyramid.

I hope for their fans sake that they survive in whatever division it is as I have a lot of Pompey supporting mates.

I do feel though it won't be the same league as us this season though, and it will take them a year to get a new team formed and I would say 99.99% certain of playing away from Fratton Park.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 99   Go Up
Print
Jump to: