Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: scruffy pretend yammers with a underage red light area v swindon matchday thread  (Read 27946 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:01:50 »

I stated this earlier this morning.

We were one of the favourites for relegation, so maybe we should all take a reality check, this was a good result, mid-table this season would be well above our expectations.
Not really, mid-table was where a lot of us expected we'd end up this season. Just because journo's at FFT and the tabloids had us down for relegation, I don't think there were too many town fans expecting us to struggle too badly.

But a draw away from home is still an ok result. Winning home games is the priority if we want to push for more than mid-table, and we just need to pick up draws away from home, except against teams like Yeovil!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:19:36 »

mid-table this season would be well above our expectations.
That's the idea dell boy, live the dream Roll Eyes
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:20:11 »

Didnt go - had my daughter this weekend for visit....

Radio sounded poor first half and better second.

I am pleased so far this season........thats all....

Clems Army!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #228 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:20:53 »

the villa fans where quiet when the town fans piped up on the train Smiley

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:22:25 »

if we were that shite first half then surely it's a point gained today?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:29:21 »

Win at home and draw away and you will be promoted...fact!

Clems Army!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:36:23 »

considering the horrors of the first half, i think we can take a lot from our second half performance. the change in personnel and system was positive and had a great effect. the players didn't become disheartened after paynter's missed header and penalty. we came back to get a point despite the fact we could have been 3 or 4 nil down by half-time.

swindon teams of the recent past would have collapsed and sunk without trace. i think you can take positives out of the result, if not neccesarily the performance.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 22:56:00 »

if we were that shite first half then surely it's a point gained today?
Exactly. Play dire and recover to gain a decent away point is how you end up top half (i'm not going to curse anything by going any further than that)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 23:41:16 »

Mex starts the thread and we only draw  Doh
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 00:22:40 »

Although we were pretty poor in the first half we still could have had a couple with Douglas having a shot cleared off the line and Revell missing a very good chance trying to lob the 12ft tall keeper.
Second half we were the better side and at least deserved the draw. Billy P should have scored a hat trick but the time for remonstration is after the final whistle not during the game. Even so I thought Revell offered more than Billy today and (unless he had an injury) was maybe unlucky to be subbed.
Tope is frustrating to say the least. Although he has a poor touch he was a handful in the second half with the runs behind their full backs that he made (Macklin and Macca too).
Mentions must go to Kennedy for a very assured performance in the second half both going forward and defensively and to Manky for generally busting a gut for us all game possibly sneaking MOM for us ahead of Douglas...IMO.
A point away is not to be sniffed at but we could have snuck all three !

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 01:01:12 »

Mex starts the thread and we only draw  Doh
Woooooooohhhh, look back in time, supplicant, and you'll see that Mystic Mex only guarantees that we won't loooooooosssse, not that we will win. Wooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 07:52:15 »

the villa fans where quiet when the town fans piped up on the train Smiley

Can you hear the Villa sing.......................................

twas quality

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 08:29:06 »

So from the reports from those who went, do you think Kennedy is worth a start next match? Also macca and poss macklin? Everytime Macklin comes on he seems to do well
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #238 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 08:37:00 »

I'd start McNamee and move Obadeyi up front from the start.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, September 20, 2009, 09:23:36 »

So from the reports from those who went, do you think Kennedy is worth a start next match? Also macca and poss macklin? Everytime Macklin comes on he seems to do well

It's a tough one, as Lescinel can be very good, but seems to be hit and miss, whereas Kennedy appears to have that desire and eagerness that comes with youth.  Kennedy can pick a pass better, and his crossing yesterday was excellent, but he's still young and isn't quite up to the athletisism of Lescinel.

In summary: I don't know.

I personally would have McNamee starting over Odebayi every time, purely for his crosses that went into dangerous areas almost every time.  Revell and Paynter love that sort of ball.

Macklin is slightly different, as he's still more of an impact player for me.  He definately needs game time, though, as he looks to be getting better and better, as any young player should.

never trust a nun...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: