Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: scruffy pretend yammers with a underage red light area v swindon matchday thread  (Read 27931 times)
manc321

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:17:11 »

Just back from the game, how we werent 3 or 4 nil down at half time ill never know we were awful, Lescinal with the worst half from a Swindon player ive seen for years!! Revell looked good but we seem to go long ball when he plays which doesnt suit us!  Good fightback second half we deserved the draw and McNamee and Macklin both played well and looked dangerous. Missed Greer big time wait till u see Morrisons mistake for the goal awful!!  How Did Billy miss that header from 1 yard out!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #196 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:22:58 »

Thought Lescinel was poor but so was the whole team for most of the game. He also always had 2 players to deal with.

I'd just finished slagging off Obadeyi when he moved up front and caused some real problems for Walsall and at least he could beat defenders without being offside. Same with Macklin really.

Overall a poor game but even though it wasn't good we still didn't lose.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:23:21 »

Honestly, I think partly because that means we can only play 2 of Douglas, McGovern and Ferry in the middle.

I reckon we only need two of them, as they're a vast improvement on what we had last season. Plus the defence is a lot stronger and we didn't have the solid / defensive midfielder that we now have in Douglas. I know we're doing well, but there is potential for us to do a lot better.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:34:08 »

The number of times we were caught offside reduced dramatically when Revell went off - not knocking the fella, but he and Billy aren't the quickest and had them caught every time. Tope finally had a decent spell when moved up front and you could see the difference.

Fair fucking play to Billy Paynter though, most other people would've passed over the chance to take another penalty, having missed the first.

Also, Walsall's fans are shit.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:37:42 »

did parkin and vincent play?
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:38:23 »

Parkin came on, was awful.

Vincent played the 90, did okay.
Dirk Diggler

« Reply #201 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:48:45 »

I dont know? Maybe I am expecting too much considering where we are in the table but I thought both Walsall, and Yeovil were due a caning, yet on both occassions I believe that we were terrible!

We were truly awful today against an average team that we made look good.

I personally think that Kennedy & MacNamee played well when they came on and Douglas improved in the second half but we were half asleep for 45 minutes.

On the positive side it is now 9 games undeafeated since Gillingham and some winnable games in the next few weeks. It would be good to see Wycombe get a spanking next week to get us back on track.   
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:52:58 »

Listening to the fans' phone in on BBC Radio Berkshire earlier...for a laugh.  My favourite call went something like this:

'This was Peterborough, for God's sake.  We're a laughing stock.  If Madejski doesn't want to spend the Premiership money on new players now he'd be as well selling up - to anyone, I don't care who.  I had a taste of the big time 2 years ago so forget all your 'rebuilding phase' rubbish.  I want back there now.'

Don't know where to start really.  Reading fans make it so easy for you to dislike them.  My early tip for relegation.

When will they realise that they over achieved in getting to the Prem in the first place. Just because you've played a couple of seasons in there, it doesn't mean you deserve to be there. They have only played in the top flight for two seasons in their history.Reading have historically been a lower league team and the sooner they realise this the better.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 19:17:49 »

didn't think lecs was that bad. i love watching him play though...

first half we were poor, second half we dominated so a draw was a fair result.

paynter shouldn't have missed that chance before the penalty.

morrison had a disaster but improved as the game went on, awful mistake - another case of letting the ball bounce instead of attacking it (even though he didn't play last week)

obadeyi is still frustratingly inconsistent and makes too many simple mistakes.

keeps the unbeaten run going, so can't complain.
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 19:22:20 »

After the game i was a bit 'meh'. They battered us first half, we should have had 3 in the second half so all in all not a bad result, the points keep ticking over. Kennedy, Macklin and Macca all did very well when they came on. Tope actually looks like a footballer when he's playing up top, more of a threat and outlet.

My BIGGEST gripe with today was our own fans, which is becoming a common trait of games. Why why why spend your hard earned money to go to games simply to shout and moan at your own players. The person next to me went mental because lucas kicked it long: 'whats the Fucking point in that Lucas, Billy's never going to get that...'  Paynter then flicked it on...

Bloke in front: Billy Paynter is inept, get him off DW..why was he taking the penalty...what a shit penalty, get off Billy you piece of shit...Oh FFS why's he taking this penalty...Cue mad celebrations when slotted home.

ALL game the handful of people around me were just moaning and moaning about our players, so close to just saying shut the fuck up, ok we're not playing great but hammering them when we're on a decent run isnt going to achieve anything at all...Sorry some of our fans just do my nut in

Come on YOU REDS!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 19:23:46 »

well i went to arsenal and paid £5.70 for a hot dog.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 19:28:13 »

And what was with the smell of shit in the stand?  Really had a "Wiltshire" tang to it!

never trust a nun...
Talk Talk

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 19:28:57 »

I gave the car an overdue service. I went bonkers, emptied the gearbox and sump out, cleaned them thoroughly, even though the manufacturer says fuck all about that in the service schedule.

It cost me lots.

Oh and I did listen to the game. Fair play to Ed, the reports on here match exactly what he was saying.

Town fans were loud on occasions...seeing as there were 750-ish of us and only 4k5 in the ground I would be worried if I was the owner of Walsall.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 19:32:55 »

Bloke in front: Billy Paynter is inept, get him off DW..why was he taking the penalty...what a shit penalty, get off Billy you piece of shit...Oh FFS why's he taking this penalty...Cue mad celebrations when slotted home.

you must have been sat near me, one of rick wakeman's crew was saying that too.

fair fucking play to billy. he took a lot of shit after the miss before the first pen and still took the penalty despite missing the first.

our fans are twats
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 19:37:15 »

just to the right of the goal/behind right post.

I think billy's celebration was in response to the twats to be honest. just standing there starring..

Come on YOU REDS!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: