Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: scruffy pretend yammers with a underage red light area v swindon matchday thread  (Read 27928 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 16:25:11 »

sol, sol where ever you may be!

You’re on the verge of lunacy,
And we absolutely understand you are as straight as a die so please don't send the police around for hurting your feelings.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 16:25:44 »

you judas cunt with hiv
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 16:28:09 »

just on way home now,first half we were poor really missed greers leadership,we struggled to take hold of the game in midfield and half time couldn't come soon enough.Danny obviously did a great team talk and made good changes.Kennedy was immense kept there best player really quiet second half,he has to be a strong contender to start next week.Mcnamee and macklin caused them loads of problems when they came on.Paynter missed a chance from a yard and his first penalty but showed real character to put the second one away.They were better first half we were better second so a draws prob a fair result.Another good point and we are still undefeated since opening day.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 16:32:51 »

Oh, and Tranmere lost again. Arf.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 16:37:24 »

there you go Pullen (I think it was you who mentioned it last week?)

Duggie is talking.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #185 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 16:57:35 »

there you go Pullen (I think it was you who mentioned it last week?)

Duggie is talking.

I did indeed... Did he talk sense?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:40:58 »

Did you go to the Newcastle game today Mr Pullen?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #187 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:41:18 »

Yes I did.

One of the better games I've seen there. Plymouth look toothless, they're not going to survive with Jamie Mackie up front.

That Nile Ranger looks very good indeed.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:44:45 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:46:13 »

Is Luggy screwed then? Any fans turning on him?

On our own performance the BBC write
However, five minutes later the veteran made amends when Mark Hughes was penalised for handball and he buried his second opportunity from the spot.

Seems 25 qualifies for veteran status now!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:53:24 »

Listening to the fans' phone in on BBC Radio Berkshire earlier...for a laugh.  My favourite call went something like this:

'This was Peterborough, for God's sake.  We're a laughing stock.  If Madejski doesn't want to spend the Premiership money on new players now he'd be as well selling up - to anyone, I don't care who.  I had a taste of the big time 2 years ago so forget all your 'rebuilding phase' rubbish.  I want back there now.'

Don't know where to start really.  Reading fans make it so easy for you to dislike them.  My early tip for relegation.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #190 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:57:06 »

Is Luggy screwed then? Any fans turning on him?

His post-match interview was very deflated. I reckon if they lose to Forest on tele next week, that'll it for Sturrock.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:59:26 by Rich Pullen » Logged
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 17:58:35 »

Manager swap with Exeter
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:01:48 »

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't understand why Tope isn't starting up front, with McNamee and Macklin on the wings / wide midfield. Tope is a striker, McNamee always creates chances and Macklin deserves a chance as he's done ok so far.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:03:09 »

Honestly, I think partly because that means we can only play 2 of Douglas, McGovern and Ferry in the middle.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, September 19, 2009, 18:11:53 »

Just back from the game, and I thought that 1-1 was probably a reasonable reflection on the game.  Though I do think that Paynter could have scored his header from 1 yard out, and was pretty unlucky with the first penalty.

Our midfield was completely bypassed in the first half and we didn't create too much, though they never created too much either.  Second half we were much better, with Odebayi actually trying and running into dangerous areas, while Kennedy was excellent and put some great balls over the top of their full-back.

I still think that Odebayi doesn't offer enough to warrant a third striker spot, let's go 4-4-2 and get some ball into Paynter and Revell, they both caused problems to the defence (though that giant McDonald was winning everything in the air) when McNamee and Macklin put in some good crosses.

Overall, decent performance in the second half, and we could have won it, but the ref (and linesmen) was a real homer and we went to sleep too often at the back (Morrison) so a draw isn't the end of the world.  Paynter should have scored that header,though.

never trust a nun...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: