Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bingo hall to become music venue  (Read 11553 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 07:57:57 »

Any chance we could get Paul McCartney and his band on opening night ?
yeah, if you want the place to be empty! Soapy Tit Wank

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 08:54:57 »

How about XTC's first stage performance for 28 years?

Never knowingly overstated.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 10:14:38 »

This is very good news for Swindon. 1000-1200 is a really good size for a venue, hopefully it will attract some decent bands.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 16:33:36 »

Or the town could go really crazy and do both.

Agreed. I think the canal, if done properly and not on the cheap, could be excellent.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 18:00:11 »

How big is Brixton in comparison with Bristol??

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 18:04:13 »

How big is Brixton in comparison with Bristol??

Significantly different.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 18:07:34 »

Brixton is 4923.  Roughly.  Bristol is 1600.  Birmingham is 3000.  What other ones do you want.

donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 18:46:19 »

Wikipedia knows all:

In England and Wales it is legal to cross all roads except motorways, where pedestrians and slow vehicles are not permitted. The Highway Code contains additional rules for crossing a road safely, but these are recommendations and not legally enforceable, although as with other advisory parts of the Highway Code compliance or otherwise can be used to establish liability in civil law proceedings such as insurance claims. The term "jaywalking" is little used and not very well known, except amongst some young people from American TV.

Why hasn't someone added a reference to Swindon on this?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 19:47:06 »

Brixton is 4923.  Roughly.  Bristol is 1600.  Birmingham is 3000.  What other ones do you want.

Brixton seems really small when you're in it. weird.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 20:14:52 »

Balcony holds about 1300 of them.

axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, September 3, 2009, 21:41:11 »

I forgot is was so steeply sloped as well, until you walk out.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, September 4, 2009, 00:28:56 »

Its a damn good work out if your at a dance type night there.  I remember my first visit was a megadog clubnight allnighter.  The calves were burning that night.  Probably.

Actually I cant remember I was bollocksed.

Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, September 4, 2009, 04:27:40 »

I can't help but think that this new venture will fail unceremoniously. Having seen the likes of the Damned, Clash, XTC et al at The Affair; Talking Heads & Dire Straits at the Oasis; Wishbone Ash & Judas Priest at the Wyvern; Boomtown Rats & Ultravox at the Brunel Rooms....I have to conclude that there is a degree of apathy with regard to live music in Swindon, and indeed elsewhere. All those gigs were under-attended, despite there being the right-sized venue for the 'right-sized' band. Hmmm...1300 capacity in a big city can be calculated to sell out, but I'm afraid not in a town the size of Swindon. Morrissey could fill the Oasis several times over, yet he prefers smaller venues. Madness will struggle. I wish this new venue the best of luck, but in this day and age, where even the smaller artists demand extortionate fees, the proprietors will really have to get their calculations right in an era when the appetite for live music is deteriorating.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, September 4, 2009, 09:24:11 »

I really don't think the appetite for live music is deteriorating at all.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, September 4, 2009, 10:44:43 »

I can't help but think that this new venture will fail unceremoniously. Having seen the likes of the Damned, Clash, XTC et al at The Affair; Talking Heads & Dire Straits at the Oasis; Wishbone Ash & Judas Priest at the Wyvern; Boomtown Rats & Ultravox at the Brunel Rooms....I have to conclude that there is a degree of apathy with regard to live music in Swindon, and indeed elsewhere. All those gigs were under-attended, despite there being the right-sized venue for the 'right-sized' band. Hmmm...1300 capacity in a big city can be calculated to sell out, but I'm afraid not in a town the size of Swindon. Morrissey could fill the Oasis several times over, yet he prefers smaller venues. Madness will struggle. I wish this new venue the best of luck, but in this day and age, where even the smaller artists demand extortionate fees, the proprietors will really have to get their calculations right in an era when the appetite for live music is deteriorating.

Well all the other bands that have played the Oasis recently have sold out and im pretty sure Madness will.Although £35 for a gig in some Badmington Courts strikes me as insanely over priced.

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: