Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Wolves v Swindon matchday thread.  (Read 43763 times)
santasdead

« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:12:51 »

I actually attempted a 'you only sing when we're singing' chant that didn't catch on, meh...

As for the game - brilliant, that is all.

HAHA - but they were never winning? i'd be surprised if they would've sang for more than a minute if they scored.

I think the longest they had a good old chant was "sit daaawn,shut ap" - that was quite humerous,as well as really original... Doh

EDIT: i miss read KT's quote.oops Grin
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:16:12 by santasdead » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:15:04 »

A view from a Wolves fan

Well tonight was a potential bannana skin, the team from league one had an amazing fan base! They sung for 120 minutes and are very good to their club. Well playing 442, with Hill and Collins was as good as the Swindon fans could have hoped for. Calamity Collins did not fail to earn his nickname, despite some good headers he was very shakey and deserves to be transfer listed. Highlighted when we had a freekick in the latter half of the second period of normal time, despite being 2players over the ball he ran up to it and smacked it.

Hahnemann looked very solid, made claim to some very good balls from dangerous crosses, just didn't save a penelty in the shootout, although I'm not doubting his goatee scared it to the post. Zubar looks very good! He can tackle and head very well. His headers travel miles!!! He looked solid throughout. Berra I'm not convinced about, let Swindon knock the door several times. I'm not happy at all with Collins and Hill either their positioning was bad.

Edwards was solid as per. Elokobi on the wing got some very good crosses into the box, but no-one attacked them to the full extent. Surman looked pretty okay as well, needs to control his first touch a bit more imo. *Trying to think whoelse played* Vokes was very good, but didn't get much going for him, Doyle tryed to create a hell of a lot, but he's too adventurous sometimes and takes too many people on ocassionally, but hoping for good things from him. David Jones needed to put his foot through a few more chances we had as well.

I must make a special annoucement to Mr Mendez Laing. He's the player I would give man of the match too, and he only played one half. He looked bright, energetic and forced more saves outta the goalie than the majority of the second half. He looks quick as well. Hopefully he can establish into the team as he looked superb!

Keogh took on to many shots when he should have passed but I won't knock him for that when he's on form!

Very good penelties as well, very excited pre-birthday night although don't think we deserved to win!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 18:22:03 »

I think that Mendez Laing was their number 44, and yes he was good.

Looked a right player to me.

Interesting that Coxy was watching on from the director's box last night.

If only Simon, if only.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 22:34:09 »

i can safely say the idiot who came and stood in front of me for the second half spent more time trying to get his mates attention and turning around than actually watchign the game and supporting the team...

You must've been stood next to me and Sam at that rate. Or potentially in front of, I can't remember if "jonesey" was one or two rows ahead...

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 22:38:25 »

You must've been stood next to me and Sam at that rate.

He did !

Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2009, 22:59:32 »

I actually attempted a 'you only sing when we're singing' chant that didn't catch on, meh...
It probably died around the same time as my half-arsed effort at "What's it like to hear a noise?"
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: