Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paul Sturrock  (Read 8417 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #45 on: Sunday, August 23, 2009, 05:14:01 »

You mean to sat that Mickey Hazard is not immortal?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Sunday, August 23, 2009, 07:48:19 »

I think the Championship is a league too high for him.  He did a job here but it seemed at the time that we had stopped dead once his old friend network players for league 1 level had dried up in terms of players.

I read some interesting comments from Boothroyd explaining why he used direct tactics, claiming that there just aren't enough affordable Emglish players at mid Championship and below level, that can pick a decent forward pass in the pressure situation of a game - essentially the quality of players technically is low, and so using the tactics he did at Watford was the only way he could get them above that level.  Keep it simple for the simple players.  I think he may have a bit of a point, as people like Sturrock show at this level that they get results.  It's a big challenge for a Manager to get a team playing decent football, more so it seems now than 15 years ago.  I don't see many teams in our league playing the way Crewe used to for example, or even us in the 90-96 period (give or take a few games).
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, August 23, 2009, 14:34:04 »

It's unfortunate but some of the Plymouth fans seem out to get Luggy.  New manager poll already started, rumours of player unrest etc. 

I wish he and Cox had stayed at Swindon, although the Wilson/Shirtliff/Byrne management team subject to signing a few more players, are doing the business, giving the stability the club needs.

The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, August 24, 2009, 10:15:52 »

Think he's only got a few games to get Plymouth going or he's in trouble.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 21:22:58 »

Only 8,703 fans watched Argyle lose 1-0 to Watford this evening at Home Park in The Championship.

5 years and 1 day after 20,555 fans watched Argyle lose in an evening home fixture with Leeds United in the same division.

Ouch.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 21:28:25 »

You mean to sat that Mickey Hazard is not immortal?

I didn't say that.  Mickey Hazard is, obviously, God.  I just wouldn't want to see him playing along side Douglas any time soon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 22:32:22 »

Argyle are bottom now, the pressure on Luggy increases yet again.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 22:33:39 »

I'm going to Newcastle vs. Plymouth this weekend - should be fun, I dislike Argyle.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 22:41:43 »

I didn't say that.  Mickey Hazard is, obviously, God.  I just wouldn't want to see him playing along side Douglas any time soon.

Hasn't he started playing again recently, for his local non-league side? Sure I read that somewhere.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Doore

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 22:42:56 »

Micky Hazard, the finest player I have seen in a town shirt, had nine toes.  He lost the big toe on his left foot aged four when his father dropped a concrete slab on it.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 23:00:34 »

The end is nigh for Luggy.
Doore

« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 23:02:14 »

I'm inclined to agree - I understand him going, but there is the viewpoint "never go back" - its a shame he won't be remembered as fondly there anymore if he does go.
lambourn red

« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 08:21:41 »

I have no sympathy for the guy he jumped ship at the first chance leaving us with a load of shit players on long contracts and then recommends his mate Maurice Cunt chops for the job.
Before anyone slates me dont forget he then promises to send a strong team pre-season then sends the kids and does not bother turning up himself after a lot of people had bought tickets a complete act of dis-respect.
The guy is an average League 1 or 2 manager he would not have taken us on as he is now proving at Plymuff.
flammableBen

« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 08:34:34 »

Anyone have him as a death prediction?
Dazzza

« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 11:21:21 »

Even for a football manager he does look exceedingly unwell.

Like a big white puffy sausage roll.

His days must be numbered there now.  I do actually like the fella although his jumping ship doesn’t sit easy.  I think Holloway changed the side and the supporters expectations to such an extent that Sturrock was always going to fail to match expectations with his style of play and preference of player.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: