Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why do you support Swindon Town?  (Read 30134 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:25:21 »

I wasn't born in Swindon and I've never lived there. I was born in Wiltshire and lived here all my life, that is why I follow the Town. What is your excuse (reason)  Smiley ?
flammableBen

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:26:26 »

Born in swindon, lived here most my life, ended up going to some games.

Andy King

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:34:59 »

In the hope they'll offer me the manager's role again.
santasdead

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:36:22 »

Never lived in swindon,never lived anywhere near wiltshere. mother dragged me to a few games whilst visiting family,was there when we drew against walsall to gain promotion & thought "fuck it,im a swindon town fan".
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:36:54 »

Because my dad took me and it was, and still is, exciting.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
trogladite

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009, 23:51:04 »

Born in Swindon, lived locally all my life. 
Third generation Town fan. 
Started in the late 60s. 
Lived the dream ever since.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 01:40:53 »

Lived in Swindon for a few years.

The team:

Downsborough, Thomas, Trollope, Butler, Burrows, Harland, Heath, Smart, Horsfield, Noble and Rogers.

This followed a team with Mike Summerbee on one wing, Don Rogers on the other and Ernie Hunt in the middle, it's enough to make a grown man cry.

Nuff said.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 01:43:55 »

My Dad is a Blackpool fan, but having moved down here he took me to see one or two games at the County Ground. After going a couple of times I was old enough to realise I had to choose a team to support. I was going to choose wither Swindon or Man U, and thankfully I avoided becoming a 5-year-old plastic!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 05:51:44 »

Never lived in Swindon, but am a Wiltshire native - my dad supported Swindon (he doesn't anymore).

My dad follows Chippenham, my older brother kind of supports Manchester United and one of my younger brothers supports Newcastle.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 06:43:15 »

None of my family do. I went when i was little but lost interest, then started going again a few years ago, saw us beat sheffield wednesday 4-1 in the cup, then beat hull 4-2, and was hooked.

Things get better but they never get good
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 06:48:05 »

My Dad is a Blackpool fan

please tell me he's very ginger also?

my dad isn't a swindonian but was raised here following town and admiring liverpool. i was taken to watch them loads as a kid and that's pretty much how i've spent every weekend since

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Melksham Red

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 06:58:11 »

Wiltshire born and bred and have always lived in West Wilts. Thought I was an Arsenal fan until my then brother in law took me to see Town destroy Brighton 3-0 infront 6500 at the CG in 1988.
Hooked as soon as I stepped foot in the ground to be honest. All paper round and pocket money was spent on Town from then on. That season was a good'n stood in the old Shrivvy Road. Fucking Palace broke my heart.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 06:59:39 »

Born in Swindon with the family having some kind of connection one way or another,my grandad used to be something to do with the club like on some sort of committee,hence i used to get in free,my first games was reserve games until he thought i was old enough to go to first team games,along with my mum being good friends with Keith Morgan and knowing Cliff Puffet really well my baptism carried through to this day.

I could have gone and been a glory hunter like most of my friends who go and support liverpool week in week out but winning nearly every game just aint the same,I need the rollercoaster with the ups and downs.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 07:07:38 »

Born in Swindon and my Great Grandfather (Bob Menham) played in goal for them at the start of the 20th Century so have family ties
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 07:11:19 »

Dad supported Swindon, took me as a small child to see a thrilling 0-0 versus Hull City in 1979 (Steve MacLaren was in the Hull team) been hooked ever since.....
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 20, 2009, 10:12:11 by Arch Stanton » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: