Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Pikeys Official Matchday Thread!  (Read 47286 times)
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:25:13 »

If this result doesnt trigger fitton to get his chequebook out then i dont know what will...

They were willing to pay in the last couple days. It's just the guy we were going chose to sign for Leicester as they're in the Championship. Yeah we could have gotten a cheapo striker to say to the fans yeah we've bought one but it's better to get the one(s) Wilson really wants.

But yeah I fully admit starting the season with one striker is absolute bollocks.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:32:45 »

Good reply DV... I would say that my comments reference defending are somewhat two dimensional, I appreciate what you're saying but I don't know - I guess I'm hoping it was simply a bad day for us Smiley

Time will tell on that one.

You and me both. Probably a few others on here to!

I'm disappointed to see that there's been no apology from the club to the hundreds who got up early and travelled, as that has to be one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Swindon side.

I made another thread about this. Other teams have done it so it would be nice if it could be done for us. Ironically the most obvious example is when we beat Gillingham 5-0 under Sir Sturrock.

what like fitton and wilson?

They've certainly been on something if they are expecting play offs. If that is what Fitton is judging Wilson on - then Wilson wont last the season

I can definitely see us improving but I think Ifil needs to come back into the team, we need his pace. Sod the mistakes he makes Morrison and Greer together is the same as Viveash and Reeves and resulted in the same kind of outcome. It's going to be a big August for Fitton, Wilson and STFC as a whole.

Was is also rather annoying is that it could be said we're lacking a left back and some strikers so why bloody get rid of Jack Smith, Jamie Vincent, Jake Hyde, Ben Joyce, Blair Sturrock, Hamdi Razak and Barry Corr.

Its worrying that we've released players and not bought in any form of replacement.

I also find it odd that already we're after the return of Ifil. Towards the back end of last season he was being talked about like he was the worst defender we ever had.

The back line does need pace to cover any mistakes and in pre-season the coverer with pace was Amankwaah who for what ever reason didnt play in defence today.

If Ifil has to be in for his pace then its got to be a back 3 and wing backs.

Also, only one game so its just a throw away comment but could this show that Jamie Vincent really was the leader of the backline?

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:44:35 »

i take everything fitton says with a pich of salt dv.
he's done nothing that shows me he has the slightest idea about football.
anyone with shed loads of cash can clear debt,running a football club properly is a totally different kettle of fish.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:52:04 »

If anything he is running the football club properly - that (in some peoples eyes) is what the problem is.

Splashing the cash, signing loads of players on huge wages could bring on pitch success and we'd all say he was running the club well - then when we went into admin again we'd be fucked.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:53:45 »

Fucking disgusted

dropped £100 today for that pile of shite !

Danny ..............

Why pick a line up that you have not even tried in a pre season friendly ?

Why start Cuthbert after next to no match time since his op ?

I felt sorry for Billy Paynter today

You made a team that's hard to beat, dont worry the rest will follow .............. my arse !

Macca is not a forward, he is a wide player (even the stewards will tell you that !)

Mate.......you got it seriously seriously wrong today, but do you know what pisses me off most ?

When we all congregated at the tunnel at the end of the game to voice our dissatisfaction, all you could do was

LOOK AT US AND SHRUG YOUR FUCKING SHOULDERS AS IF YOU DID NOT KNOW WHAT HAD HIT YOU OR WHAT YOU NEEDED TO DO.

I thought you were a better manager and a better man than that !

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 20:57:34 »

If anything he is running the football club properly - that (in some peoples eyes) is what the problem is.

Splashing the cash, signing loads of players on huge wages could bring on pitch success and we'd all say he was running the club well - then when we went into admin again we'd be fucked.
fair points dv.trouble is the results have been shite since fittons been here.getting the managers right, and results on the park need to go hand in hand with paying the bills.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #396 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:03:08 »

Exactly arriba.
glos_robin

« Reply #397 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:08:28 »

fair points dv.trouble is the results have been shite since fittons been here.getting the managers right, and results on the park need to go hand in hand with paying the bills.
I just think Fitton is lost between strategies at the moment and doesn't really know how too achieve his goals. Football is a unique business and many successful businessmen have done more damage than good to clubs. I'm inclined to think we need a bit more football experience in the boardroom, I know Watkins has a bit of experience but it's very much in the club PR area.

The striker situation is a classic example, we seem to have ideas above our station which in principle is good and shows we have 'high' standards. However if these targets are completely unrealistic you have to lower them somewhat. I just think that a lot of what Fitton wants is unrealistic at this point in time, the club needs a period of success before you can even think about looking at balancing the books or breaking even.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:09:26 »

Fucking disgusted

dropped £100 today for that pile of shite !

Danny ..............

Why pick a line up that you have not even tried in a pre season friendly ?

Why start Cuthbert after next to no match time since his op ?

I felt sorry for Billy Paynter today

You made a team that's hard to beat, dont worry the rest will follow .............. my arse !

Macca is not a forward, he is a wide player (even the stewards will tell you that !)

Mate.......you got it seriously seriously wrong today, but do you know what pisses me off most ?

When we all congregated at the tunnel at the end of the game to voice our dissatisfaction, all you could do was

LOOK AT US AND SHRUG YOUR FUCKING SHOULDERS AS IF YOU DID NOT KNOW WHAT HAD HIT YOU OR WHAT YOU NEEDED TO DO.

I thought you were a better manager and a better man than that !

Great post Fred..straight from the heart. I wasn't there today but I'm feeling your pain. Believe me.
Barry Scott

« Reply #399 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:35:15 »

As others have said, I think today showed we need Ifil in the team. Yes he can be a real problem at times, but the number of shitty balls chucked over Morrison and Greer today was a joke. Once that bal was chucked over, they moved slower than continental drift and Jackson was taking wank touches and still not getting closed down. Their man marking was just appauling. Pace and man marking are Ifil's strengths, so bring back the beast i say.

The other point though is that they weren't helped by our midfield, so i'm probably being unfair.

glos_robin

« Reply #400 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:40:15 »

As others have said, I think today showed we need Ifil in the team. Yes he can be a real problem at times, but the number of shitty balls chucked over Morrison and Greer today was a joke. Once that bal was chucked over, they moved slower than continental drift and Jackson was taking wank touches and still not getting closed down. Their man marking was just appauling. Pace and man marking are Ifil's strengths, so bring back the beast i say.

The other point though is that they weren't helped by our midfield, so i'm probably being unfair.

Couldn't agree more
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:46:07 »

Two excellent posts

The situation summed up perfectly by GlosRobin ... left back - attacking midfielder and two strikers required

and the heartfelt situation summed up perfectly by Fred Elliott
c
The problem I have with Wilson is this ..does he actually really care??? He has been around the block and seems to lack the hunger/desire .... he talks a good game but that is basically it ... whereas Holloway is passionate wherever he goes .. he totally becomes at one with that team .. you dont feel that from Wilson

Having said all that its all down to not spending the Cox money .. did any of us really think that the money we gained from this sale WOULDNT be spent on players .. I didnt!

Fitton's policy doesnt appear to be working at present ...

Lets hope we turn it around .. and fast with those 3 signings we need

I used to be Fatbury
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:50:05 »

I think the next few weeks could be real test for Wilson. He hasn't yet been in this sort of situation with us and probably hasn't since he was at City to be honest, where expectation is a bit higher that your Hartlepools of this world. It's going to be interesting to see how he copes with being under pressure from the fans because he will be if we get a few more results like today.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:53:10 »

It's going to be interesting to see how he copes with being under pressure from the fans because he will be if we get a few more results like today.

Hmmm could be a blessing in disguise?! Could bring out the best in him.

(actually thinkI'm talking drunken bollocks, he was under pressure end of last season when it seemed like we might get relegated)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #404 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:55:08 »

Passion can only get you so far... It's unfair to suggest Wilson hasn't got the passion because he's not as noisey as Ian Holloway.

What Fred mentioned would frustrate all of us but Wilson had just been through a decent pre-season and seen his team destroyed on day 1... I think I'd be speechless too but I'd also try to make sure it wouldn't happen again.

If Wilson reacted it could have got nasty and we don't need that.

This month is relatively crucial... But positive results against Franchise and it'll almost be water under the bridge. Almost.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: